First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t had any hood “flutter” with or without the deflector but the deflector on my rig itself has a lot of small rock divots so it’s doing it’s job.
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have used hood deflectors on my trucks and really think they are worth the investment and look good too. Could/have written more about them,

BUT!

This is the first I even knew that deflectors from Ford were taped on, all of mine in the past were screw on. So this information in the posts has me surprised more than anything.

I guess, since I've only mounted them by screws under the hood I just didn't know there were a different tape on kind. Are the aftermarket ones all tape on too? Are there any screw on ones that owners like?

Should I even care?

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I highly recommend the weathertech one, it seems to prevent 90% of the rocks and bugs that were hitting my windshield.

20221227_150228.jpg
Now that's more like I'm used to. I like the tight & fitted look of the stick on ones above, but those look more like the screw mounted ones on my trucks.

I like the way the stick on ones look, fit/highlight the trail sights, but the weathertech look really way more more functional.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not read any comments in this thread, but I want to answer anyway. I chipped my windshield within a couple weeks of picking it up... pissed me right the fuck off. I got the deflector and I am absolutely blown away with how well it does it's job. No chips or even direct hits in almost 7 months and absolutely keeps the bugs off. I could not recommend a product more than the Ford deflector. A+++

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have used bug/hood deflectors on my trucks with good results.

Bronco currently has approximately 6500 miles. Two weeks ago we completed a 1400 mile drive CT to Naples Fla. 1000 of which were done in torrential downpours. After washing and waxing I noticed 3 new small pings on the windshield. During the drive the wipers were chattering and leaving rubber along the bottom and vertical ends of their sweeps. Could the chattering be caused because of the turbulent air flow of the bug deflector?

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the one from Ford accessories last spring and can attest that it helps a lot to reduce bugs and debris from hitting the windshield. I have no noise or flutter at all.

58C3DDE4-A154-49C7-81BC-EFD372E67D2B.jpeg

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was one of the first things I installed.
Hood flutter, definitely worse after install, but it's not that bad. I don't really notice it now.
Windshield washer fluid is definitely a problem on the interstate. My solution is to slow down if I need to use it on the interstate.
Bugs, a huge improvement. I drive past cow pastures regularly in the early morning. Before installing there were some morning I could barely see. Huge improvement.
Chips, took me 2 weeks to install after getting the bronco and already had 2 small chips. I have not noticed any chips since.
Rocks to the glass, I have been lucky and haven't had one yet.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have used bug/hood deflectors on my trucks with good results.

Bronco currently has approximately 6500 miles. Two weeks ago we completed a 1400 mile drive CT to Naples Fla. 1000 of which were done in torrential downpours. After washing and waxing I noticed 3 new small pings on the windshield. During the drive the wipers were chattering and leaving rubber along the bottom and vertical ends of their sweeps. Could the chattering be caused because of the turbulent air flow of the bug deflector?
The added wiper chatter is definitely possible from the deflector. I have some chatter with my Trico Force wipers and they're supposedly designed to reduce wind lift at highway speeds. The turbulence all around is just the nature of these Bronco shaped bricks.

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it looks cool, thats enough reason for me. Call me shallow. Lol

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The added wiper chatter is definitely possible from the deflector. I have some chatter with my Trico Force wipers and they're supposedly designed to reduce wind lift at highway speeds. The turbulence all around is just the nature of these Bronco shaped bricks.
In defense of the stock wipes it was an impressive storm that we drove through. Several times we received warnings on our phones about severe weather. I used to make fun of other drivers when they would drive with their hazard/flashers on, but when I couldn’t see the vehicle 3 lengths ahead of me, on they went. We finally gave up for the night and stopped in Statesville NC grabbed a hotel, a shower and some sleep. The storm had the same idea and started up again first thing in the morning. We powered through, the Bronco never missed a step, and the sky finally lighted up around Tampa. I tried to clean the windshield whenever we stopped for gas, but the rubber was difficult to get off. A little wax and some elbow grease removed the skid marks. I bought a set of silicone wipers to install for the return trip home.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mikekelly43

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Mustang, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question for those of you who have installed. The alcohol and and surface prep pads that came with the Aeroskin seems to have been misplaced by my wife who likes to throw things away if she doesn't know what they are. What is the surface prep and what can I use since mine is now gone.

Reactions: DKG

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for those of you who have installed. The alcohol and and surface prep pads that came with the Aeroskin seems to have been misplaced by my wife who likes to throw things away if she doesn't know what they are. What is the surface prep and what can I use since mine is now gone.
I think it's called an "adhesion promoter". I tried googling and found this:

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media...paration-technical-bulletin.pdf?&fn=87015.pdf

Priming a surface can significantly improve initial and ultimate adhesion to many materials such as plastics and paints because of their low surface energy or process additives they may contain. A primer creates a new surface for 3M VHB Tape to adhere to and can also create a layer that may impede the migration of additives that may be present in a material. It is important for the user to determine the suitability of the 3M VHB Tape, the adhesion promoter and the application process.
It lists these products and one of them may be it: 3M Adhesion Promoter 111, 3M Tape Primer 94, 3M VHB Tape Universal Primer UV.

mikekelly43

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Mustang, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. Appreciate the information.

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed the “ford” branded deflector a few months back after noticing some chips on my hood. Since installation I haven’t found anymore chips and the windshield appears to stay cleaner. Hood flutter seems to be the same as it was prior to install. The only issue I have is windshield washer fluid fly’s everywhere "but the windshield" at speeds over 25mph. Overall I would say it’s worth it.

Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? 34A86292-7829-4B91-9430-2512D2F784A3

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
I have one stored waiting for warmer weather before I install it. My questions about it are how much will it affect MPG and can it withstand automated (w/brushes) car washes?
I got mine from dealer when I bought my badsquatch..I go thu automated car wash 3x a week and haven't had any problems
Sponsored