JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Question for those of you who have installed. The alcohol and and surface prep pads that came with the Aeroskin seems to have been misplaced by my wife who likes to throw things away if she doesn't know what they are. What is the surface prep and what can I use since mine is now gone.
As i have not installed mine I took this pic, maybe the ford parts guy can get it for you.
Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? 20230117_094042
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thinking that turbulence that causes the windshield washer fluid to go all wonkie (technical term) is probably the same airflow that helps smaller rocks deflect away from the windscreen.

So, I'm good with that.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know I'm going to regret saying the following: 12,000 miles mainly through a huge interstate construction project between my home and my work (talking a billion dollar widening). Have not had a single window hit yet by rock, can't see a chip either. DoT is 2.5 years into the 5 year project so there still is time. But the deflector (Ford), I believe, has helped prevent issues with my glass or I've been incredibly lucky. >shrugs<

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you adjust the post up and did that stop the flutter? Got a little flutter around 65-75.

Sponsored

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have enjoyed mine, I found a gloss black one on Amazon that matches Ford's, and on top of that, it matches my WT gloss grill beautifully 🍻

I had the same flutter issue on the passenger side of the hood at hwy speeds, but a small hood bumper adjustment, gone!

It helps with the bugs, but makes the windshield washer fluid almost useless at hwy speeds lol, it's a give and take, but protects the front of the hood like I wanted.

Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? 20230117_094042
Nice. Is it this one?

IAG I-Line Hood Deflector Gloss Black fits Ford Bronco 2021 2022 2023+ https://a.co/d/dSnXOuO

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure about helping with bugs yet as it’s just now getting warm enough for them to come out but watching the way snow and rain moves around on the hood without blowing off it definitely has an effect on airflow. Do have what I guess is the hood flutter people are talking about but only on windy days at highway speed when the airspeed gets near 100 mph. Mine does not seem to ripple in the middle rather one of the front corners will randomly lift way high during a gust. I raised my hood stops to bring the top of the hood flush with the fenders before installing so no clue if that adjustment helped.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The aero skin 2 has been great, no issues with chips on my window. Install is super easy, and it looks great especially on the carb Grey color

Vern

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2006 F250, Ford 2023 Bronco Badsquatch w/ Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have the AVS aeroskin 2. Haven't had any noticeable hood flutter. Don't know how well it works for rocks but we'll see I guess. Like the look of it and didn't want the older traditional wrap around hood protector that leaves a gap on the back side. Have had those on previous trucks and they trap dirt and debris under the back of the hood protector.

Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? PXL_20221229_201618828

Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? PXL_20221229_201609755

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does water pool and stay on the aft side of the bump? I suspect this part is not totally sealed, so does water find it’s way in/out of the large contact surface?

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does water pool and stay on the aft side of the bump? I suspect this part is not totally sealed, so does water find it’s way in/out of the large contact surface?
Here are some pics of mine after a little rain. Water pools in low spots and cavities just like anywhere else on any other vehicle. Is it worth $80 to help with windshield protection? Yes. Is it dumb that the Bronco needs this $80 disposable stick-on every 3-5 years? Yes.

Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? IMG_20230430_174653-2
Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? IMG_20230430_174610-2

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had mine on for 2 weeks now.. only negative so far is the windshield fluid goes in all crazy directions at highway speeds..Guess I can live with that..

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are some pics of mine after a little rain. Water pools in low spots and cavities just like anywhere else on any other vehicle. Is it worth $80 to help with windshield protection? Yes. Is it dumb that the Bronco needs this $80 disposable stick-on every 3-5 years? Yes.

Thanks. I've had my Bronco since Tuesday, driven a few miles but even down the street the windshield is a bug magnet. I don't have a lot of bugs here but I kill them all with my Bronco. I ordered deflector

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base