Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm now I'm gonna go look under mine....I thought my plastic hood protector was causing this, but now I'm wondering if the hood isn't glued correctly?
Ive seen other threads mentioning the bug deflector causing it. I’m just wondering if it’s from the air hitting the top of the hood and pressing it down or if it’s the air entering the engine bay in a weird way. Wonder if different grill designs have a different effect.

Either way the center of my hood has way too much flex to it. It’s like the honeycomb is doing nothing.
Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On yours is it mainly in the middle in front of the hump/bulge but you can see the bulge moving up and down with it? I see you have lux, have you checked under the hood sound deadening to see how your foam looks?

Mine goes in on Thursday and I’m going out of my way to take it to the dealer I bought it from. They are going to have it for at least the day. I’ll keep the thread updated with what they say. I’m thinking that the two halves of the hood weren’t properly adhered. Also seems like it’s getting worse but I could just be focusing on it more.
I'll have to pop open the sound deadening to look at the honey comb. Good to know (not really good) that I'm not the only one.

I didn't notice the bulge moving, but more mid-way between the bulge and the front of the hood, mainly because that was where the reflection from the horizon was lining up most my drive. Honestly hard to tell exactly where, between the flapping hood and my soft top flapping open on the sides (yes it is latched), it felt like a disaster driving down the road. I already know what the dealership will say, yeah, it's new model growing pains blah blah (already got that line last visit) and yeah, that's what you get with a soft top blah blah blah.

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dropped it off yesterday. They are taking it to a body shop today to see if they can adhere the two pieces of the hood back together. If they deem that can’t be done then they will order a new hood from ford. Every tech and service writer that looked at it agreed that it was probably due to the foam separating.

If they do need to get a new hood I may try to push for an adv one instead.

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@judgefudge72 , what’s the latest??
Waiting to hear back from the dealership on what ford wants to do about it. They got an estimate from their body shop for $2500 to re seal the hood (which seems crazy high to me). So it’s up to ford now whether they want to do that or replace the hood. I’m hoping they just replace the hood.

Back in the bronco for the time being, sounds like I’m a couple weeks away from a resolution.

Sponsored

IceSoldier88

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

22 BadSquatch. 356 miles on it. At highway speeds my hood moves crazy. Going to make appointment to get it checked.

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update:

Got approved for a new hood. It’s on order but has to be sent to a body shop for paint match and alignment, so hopefully just another few weeks for a resolution.

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update: Hood is back ordered with no current ETA

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They should cover the cost for the Advanced Fiberglass one, haha.

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, I should check under mine for the honeycomb coming away. I chalked it up to truck stuff since I've only owned cars but looks like its not supposed to be happening.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s my attempt to video at 70. I noticed this after installing iag hood shocks. Hopefully the shocks are not causing this to my expensive hood.

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s my attempt to video at 70. I noticed this after installing iag hood shocks. Hopefully the shocks are not causing this to my expensive hood.
Hard to tell from the video but are you seeing the hood move up and down near the trail sights? That’s not right. I’d double check your latch and hood stops.

Mine doesn’t move near the edges, it’s just the actual hood skin flexing up and down near the center.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to tell from the video but are you seeing the hood move up and down near the trail sights? That’s not right. I’d double check your latch and hood stops.

Mine doesn’t move near the edges, it’s just the actual hood skin flexing up and down near the center.
Same here, I only see it in the center. I cancelled my hood strut order, I didn't want that to be blamed for any issues.