First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used the wrong verbiage there, not really a separate “package” but it’s included in the high and lux trims.
Ha no worries. I'm an idiot and didn't realize I already have the insulation installed. Don't know why I didn't notice it.
Sponsored

Duke460

Outer Banks
First Name
Earle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had hood flutter before and after installing the aero deflector. No difference. Is the hood bouncing by the fender or center of the hood bouncing? I had both. Put a dab of white grease on the two hood stops and neither touched the hood when shut. Turned the up until contact and hood bouncing is gone. Still some flutter in the center. Drive and enjoy

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had hood flutter before and after installing the aero deflector. No difference. Is the hood bouncing by the fender or center of the hood bouncing? I had both. Put a dab of white grease on the two hood stops and neither touched the hood when shut. Turned the up until contact and hood bouncing is gone. Still some flutter in the center. Drive and enjoy
Wheel balance has a lot to do with hood flutter. I know as mine was “fluttering” until I got new tires and had them perfectly balance.…..no flutter at all now…..big difference

Jozef

Wildtrak
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just thought I’d post an update. I’ve experimented with the backing rod in several spots and haven’t noticed a difference. The hood seal with fuel line behind it doesn’t make a difference for the flutter but it did take care of a strong whistle I had coming from the front. I have some dash cam videos I can post but the angle doesn’t show off the flutter very well. Seems to be affected by cross winds the most. I can go 70+ on a calm day and it barely moves.

I’ve made an appointment to drop it off with the dealer I bought it from to see what they think. Unfortunately that’s two weeks away and they said they would most likely need it for a whole day.

What did the dealer say/do. I have the same problem and taking my Wildtrak in later this week.

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What did the dealer say/do. I have the same problem and taking my Wildtrak in later this week.
Dealer ended up replacing the hood under warranty. New hood was slightly better but still fluttered. I’ve since sold that bronco and I’m driving the one I originally ordered and it has about the same amount of flutter. I’ve just learned to live with it. Some day if it drives me crazy again I’ll just swap to an adv fiberglass hood.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I accepted the fact that my hood flutters and the soft top flaps on windy interstates. Bronco "features".

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you noticed the fluttering causing permanent damage? Mine seems to have a valley in front of the hood bump on both sides like the aluminum or whatever metal is just too thin and the flexing has formed a visible dip

Big Swede

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've noticed it, but hasn't really concerned me. Just some flex in the aluminum. Very minimal

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you noticed the fluttering causing permanent damage? Mine seems to have a valley in front of the hood bump on both sides like the aluminum or whatever metal is just too thin and the flexing has formed a visible dip
I have 22k on my current bronco that still has about the same amount of hood flutter as my first one. Aside from a few rock chips, my hood looks the same as it always has. Don't notice any deformations or anything like that.

BroncoA51

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My hood has fluttered from day 1. Right front corner moves up and down and gets wild in crosswinds. Took it to the dealer 3 times and they said it was normal and the stops were all the way up. Since then I moved to Vegas, maybe I’ll have my new dealership look at it.
Sponsored