Sponsored

Hood Loops (Accessory Points)

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think they look all that great but I think they're a great idea.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just going to say it: the plastic loops (accessory access points) on the front of the hood look stupid. Keep those off the hood and see how well it captures the original hood look and design. Take them off. They look stupid!

Am I wrong? (First time for everything.) ;) Thoughts?
It looks a bit gaudy to me. Like the 'snorkel' on Tacomas that 99.99% of buyers have no real use for.

I think it would have been much nicer to have it as an option, with the cleat anchored into the frame below the hood and protrude up through the seam between hood and fender.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks a bit gaudy to me. Like the 'snorkel' on Tacomas that 99.99% of buyers have no real use for.

I think it would have been much nicer to have it as an option, with the cleat anchored into the frame below the hood and protrude up through the seam between hood and fender.
I mean.........this is protruding up through the seam between the hood and fender....

Sponsored
OP
OP

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think... well nobody cares what I think.

But... Innovative. A far cry from being stupid.

Just another detail that shows me how much thought Ford put into this entire project. I only hope there is more of this forward thinking we haven't seen just yet.
Uncle Gump, you're right - a far cry from stupid. I guess I had not had my second cup of coffee when I said that. They are functional. But I'll be removing them. I like the clean lines of the first generation hood.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean.........this is protruding up through the seam between the hood and fender....
We saw bare metal at one point, it fits in a groove on top of the fender and is about an inch wide and a foot long IIRC.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they're cool, and useful.

Put on some limb risers and don a floppy hat and everyone in the mall parking lot will be like "wow, that guy's an overlander!"
Speaking of overlanding... I was thinking they might make a good anchor point for a folding rooftop tent, flipping forward versus off to one side.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of overlanding... I was thinking they might make a good anchor point for a folding rooftop tent, flipping forward versus off to one side.
Might work for the soft top ones, as long as it extended out far enough for the ladder to clear the hood.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see a tall cross bar lock onto them and tie back into the main roof rack for an extended roof rack.
Then I can haul long boards or an extension ladder.

Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m hopping for them to be multi functioning. When not using them for tie down points maybe they are a mounting point for the roof panels. Imaging the ability to be out on the trail with doors and tops off but you can carry them with you for when the weather turns south.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
They appear to be Limb risers, extremely useful if you plan on keeping your paint intact.
Useful for those planning to off-road, probably not as useful for the mall crawlers.

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn’t like them at first, but now I do.

Super useful for kayaks, lumber, etc.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t like them at first, but now I do.

Super useful for kayaks, lumber, etc.
My question mark now is the roof rack itself - I know how useful it would be, but I didn't like how it looked in the leaked photos, and thought the regular roof will look better without them.

BoatBuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My question mark now is the roof rack itself - I know how useful it would be, but I didn't like how it looked in the leaked photos, and thought the regular roof will look better without them.
It must have been a challenge for the engineers to design a removable roof with a solid/functional roof rack.
Sponsored