First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah man totally get it. For me and my needs, I need the extra storage and the rooftop box won’t work with this half rack. It’s going back. Good luck with yours.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I dig that cargo rack too. I actually think the build quality on the rack I have is really good. No issues with that, so the company itself is good in my book. I'm glad that interior rack is working out.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Broncsquatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was considering this rack as well but both of your experiences have put the purchase on hold.
@rblock50 any luck with decreased sound/vibration?
Able to shim the feet at the MIC?

@Taco2Bronco did you purchase through Amazon? Looks like free ship and return/refund/exchange. Wondering if any problems.
Thank

Sponsored

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah yeah, so when you ordered your badlands, and you have all of the fixins (HT, 2.7, Bash Plates, HD Bumper, MT, etc) it goes over Ford's limitation on the weight. There are all kinds of threads on it, but basically they are covering their butts in case they have an issue with safety. But you can always order it from the dealer (just tell them you have an OB or Base model, it doesn't matter as they all attach the same), or order any of the other similar racks that are on Amazon. I saw some from Mabett that looked just like the OEM ones for about $400. I just liked this Hooke option because it was a half-rack and made taking the top off easier vs. having to take the whole thing apart. I saw another company that had a half-rack, but I think it was $800! But some of the full racks do allow you to take the front and middle roof sections off without issue, but that is only 2/3 of the rack and in my opinion looks very odd.
I was looking at broncos on the ford website and it looks like you can get a roof rack for free if you just add it to the car. Wish I didn't miss that before I ordered mine haha.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Broncsquatch

1. I removed the rear piece, and the vibrations/acoustic rumbling seemed to go down, but is still present.

2. I removed the front fairing, and the rumbling went away. But now the pressure issue has been replaced by a constant whistling like I had the back window open slightly or something.

So needless to say, this rood rack doesn't seem to be ready for primetime. The initial issue was very annoying as it made reverberated into the cabin and created pressure pulses like if the front window was rolled down. Then that was replaced by the whistling, and neither is acceptable to me as its already loud enough :)

Sadly, I'll be returning mine as well - such a bummer I really wanted it to work out. I purchased mine directly from them so hopefully they'll cover the return shipping and not have to pay a ton to send it back.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was looking at broncos on the ford website and it looks like you can get a roof rack for free if you just add it to the car. Wish I didn't miss that before I ordered mine haha.
How would you get the rack for free? When I was ordering mine, I could get it if I didn't have a fully loaded BL. Here is a screenshot of my order and you can see it was $365.

Ford Bronco Hooke Road Roof Rack - installed pics 1681919895260

Here is an aftermarket one that looks like the OEM one....

https://www.amazon.com/EXREXPM-Badlands-Rooftop-Crossbars-Accessories/dp/B0BN1ZNNZM

It looks like it is $379 after a coupon, which seems pretty good and it has an additional crossbar that the OEM one doesn't seem to have.

OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was considering this rack as well but both of your experiences have put the purchase on hold.
@rblock50 any luck with decreased sound/vibration?
Able to shim the feet at the MIC?

@Taco2Bronco did you purchase through Amazon? Looks like free ship and return/refund/exchange. Wondering if any problems.
Thank
No I bought direct from the company. I really dislike Amazon.

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How would you get the rack for free? When I was ordering mine, I could get it if I didn't have a fully loaded BL. Here is a screenshot of my order and you can see it was $365.

Ford Bronco Hooke Road Roof Rack - installed pics 1681919895260

Here is an aftermarket one that looks like the OEM one....

https://www.amazon.com/EXREXPM-Badlands-Rooftop-Crossbars-Accessories/dp/B0BN1ZNNZM

It looks like it is $379 after a coupon, which seems pretty good and it has an additional crossbar that the OEM one doesn't seem to have.
I was looking at some broncos on ford.com and for the base model i could add it to the build for free. Seems like I missed that when ordering mine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Hooke isn’t making returns easy. While I don’t like Amazon, if I had ordered through there, I would be able to return it. Word to the wise…buy their products through Amazon.

Last edited:

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So Hooke isn’t making returns easy. While I don’t like Amazon, if I had ordered through there, I would be able to return it. Word to the wise…but their products through Amazon.
Oh man, what happened? I had tried calling their phone number before but it didn't work. Also, they answer their email at like 2 AM so that leads me to believe their operations are off-shore even though they have a US address.

OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure this is a Chinese company with a US address. That I'm not so much worried about, it's just that I don't think I'll be seeing my money back. I'm going to work with them to see how this goes. They offered some money back so we'll see and I'll update the thread.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I took their advice and added an extra layer of rubber padding as well as a small amount of felt to each foot of the rack. Just as I suspected it didn’t do anything. The problem is not a rattle against the roof, it’s air flowing through/around the rack and it pulsates against the HT. Nothing we can do against those forces.

This will be going back in the box.

@Taco2Bronco Any luck returning yours? If not, then luckily we have our credit card companies to back us up. I’ll email the company now to make sure I don’t fall past any return window.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I took their advice and added an extra layer of rubber padding as well as a small amount of felt to each foot of the rack. Just as I suspected it didn’t do anything. The problem is not a rattle against the roof, it’s air flowing through/around the rack and it pulsates against the HT. Nothing we can do against those forces.

This will be going back in the box.

@Taco2Bronco Any luck returning yours? If not, then luckily we have our credit card companies to back us up. I’ll email the company now to make sure I don’t fall past any return window.
Thanks for the update, I was hoping some rubber here and there would have alleviated the noises. Guess I'll be skipping this option.
Sponsored