First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took the Bronco with the rear cargo shelf camping this weekend up to the Sierras and it worked great. It gave me access to the cooler and storage container, while still keeping tent, clothes, etc up top. I was able to fit a folding table and my cooler under one side as well.

E1BDAAD6-515C-4785-B3B4-C24626EF07C2.jpeg

B50ADFB9-2AE2-44DC-AE45-F084FCA8EA5C.jpeg

C43D8DBD-E2BB-412F-9FA4-ED2C50C6847E.jpeg
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm curious if it would be possible to space the shelf so it sat a bit closer to the top and give even more space for larger items, such as a dog lol

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of my brackets came with precut foam already installed. It was on bottom of the bracket (between it and the hard top) and on the side where the shelf bolts to the bracket.
I reached out to H&R but they didnt know was I was talking about and resent the strips of foam IDK
I bolted it up to make sure it fit but have since removed. Ill probably reinstall this weekend.
The rubber strips go on the tray surface to keep stuff from sliding around
20230916_183046.jpg
20230916_183039.jpg

OP
OP

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm curious if it would be possible to space the shelf so it sat a bit closer to the top and give even more space for larger items, such as a dog lol
Hmmm, in order to do that, you'd need to shim the piece that connects where the bolts from the tops go. If you did that, I think it might add some "bounce" and instability to it. You can see what I am talking about in my first set of images that I posted (wth the roof top bolts).

I did wish it was quickly removable this weekend when I had to load up some larger boxes that wouldn't fit under the basket. Oh also, it is hard to find some storage containers that are strong and would still fit up on the shelf. You need to find one that is no more than 12.25" so that you can still fit it in the space. Once it's in there, you have extra space, but getting it through the gap you need to be no more than 12.25".
Sponsored