First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the steel already and time/knowhow/welding tools.
If this were contracted out to a weld shop it more than likely would have been more than theirs.
3/16 steel for this was way overkill and not light.

IMG_7557.jpeg

IMG_7556.jpeg

IMG_7555.jpeg
Very interesting, I wouldn't have ever thought of that but now I will have to have one...
Sponsored

Brostango

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the steel already and time/knowhow/welding tools.
If this were contracted out to a weld shop it more than likely would have been more than theirs.
3/16 steel for this was way overkill and not light.

IMG_7557.jpeg

IMG_7556.jpeg

IMG_7555.jpeg

Nice job. Any chance you have a few pictures of it with the top folded down?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice job. Any chance you have a few pictures of it with the top folded down?
Well therein lies the drawback. The top will not fold down all the way. Position 1 with open air above the seats is the extent of it.

To have a functional shelf back there it would have to be like 5" deep, making it nearly useless.
I've been toying with ideas for version 2.0 but haven't come up with anything that makes sense for a shelf and also be out of the way and allow for you to use all of your usable cargo height.

Brostango

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well therein lies the drawback. The top will not fold down all the way. Position 1 with open air above the seats is the extent of it.

To have a functional shelf back there it would have to be like 5" deep, making it nearly useless.
I've been toying with ideas for version 2.0 but haven't come up with anything that makes sense for a shelf and also be out of the way and allow for you to use all of your usable cargo height.
Oh yah, I get that. Maybe a hinged shelf with some sort of kickstand. But the problem would be containing everything inside the shelf while it hinges down to drop the top

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yah, I get that. Maybe a hinged shelf with some sort of kickstand. But the problem would be containing everything inside the shelf while it hinges down to drop the top
Hmm.
I might have to work on that somehow.
Something that works and does not rattle would be ideal.
Sometimes fresh eyes on something really helps the stagnation of trying to do a 2.0 version.

EDIT:
I did incorporate riv-nuts and the "quick turn" 1/4-20 knobs for just that reason. Quick release, put the top down, reapply.
But the PVO brackets still stick out too far even with the shelf being a quickly detached piece.
Granted it's only two allen heads per side more to remove...I, as most people, prefer to have something that you don't have to bolt and unbolt each time.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am trying to find a cargo shelf for a 4 door/ hard top that mounts above the rear window.

I’m looking for a shelf that does not obstruct the rearview mirror sight out the rear window. Maybe this doesn’t exist.

I’ve seen the one that mounts to side molle panels (JCR Upper Shelf ) but I would prefer one that mounts to the rear pillars (similar to the American Adventure Lab mount style. ).

Let me know if this unicorn shelf exists. I feel like I’ve seen it in a YouTube video or some long lost thread.
I use an xrack Xrack
Ford Bronco Unobstructed Rear View view Cargo Shelf IMG_3514
Sponsored