Sponsored

Hooking up ARB Twin Compressor (underhood) to factory aux switch?

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the ARB twin compressor and underhood mount kit from @4x4TruckLEDs.com - and am doing my homework for the install - but I can't find any videos for how to hook it up using the factory aux switches.. I just realized that the highest amp switch is rated for up to 30amps, but the compressor has a max draw of 50amps.. so it's looking like I won't be able to use an aux switch for this - is there a way around that?
Sponsored

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
compressor always goes straight to battery. then use an aux switch to trigger the compressor's power circuit. it's easier to see if you lay out their wiring harness. there is a trigger wire in there. purple maybe? been a while since i've looked at mine.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got the ARB twin compressor and underhood mount kit from @4x4TruckLEDs.com - and am doing my homework for the install - but I can't find any videos for how to hook it up using the factory aux switches.. I just realized that the highest amp switch is rated for up to 30amps, but the compressor has a max draw of 50amps.. so it's looking like I won't be able to use an aux switch for this - is there a way around that?
It's covered in our instructions but if you've not received your kit yet...

There are 2 harnesses off the ARB. A main power harness that has 3x 10 gauge wires (2 red, 1 black) and a smaller black wire as well. Both red wires are positive, both black wires are negative. They go right to the battery terminal.

There is another harness that has 3 wires coming off it which goes to a plastic plug that splits it off even more for lockers. You can honestly just tape that part off OR cut it off. You only care about the purple wire off that smaller harness. That'll go to your upfitter. ANY upfitter, as it's just a relay trigger. It gets power from the other harness.

Pretty easy.

OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's covered in our instructions but if you've not received your kit yet...

There are 2 harnesses off the ARB. A main power harness that has 3x 10 gauge wires (2 red, 1 black) and a smaller black wire as well. Both red wires are positive, both black wires are negative. They go right to the battery terminal.

There is another harness that has 3 wires coming off it which goes to a plastic plug that splits it off even more for lockers. You can honestly just tape that part off OR cut it off. You only care about the purple wire off that smaller harness. That'll go to your upfitter. ANY upfitter, as it's just a relay trigger. It gets power from the other harness.

Pretty easy.
ROCK ON!! Thanks - that makes it much easier - I hadn't opened the packaging yet, so I was just using Youtube videos for now to get myself prepared for the install... thanks for making my life easier :)

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for this info as well. Agree that all the videos I've seen are without the AUX switches, and make the wiring seem somewhat complicated. But seems the AUX switch wiring is super simple.
Sponsored