Sponsored

Hornblaster train horn install? Where to mount horns and compressor tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a setup from Hornblaster, wanted to know if anyone else has done this? If so where did you mount the horns and compressor/tank? For $300 this seems like a great addition especially when driving in Florida where I live.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a setup from Hornblaster, wanted to know if anyone else has done this? If so where did you mount the horns and compressor/tank? For $300 this seems like a great addition especially when driving in Florida where I live.
A buddy works for BNSF and has a steam powered train horn in the trunk of his 1928 Ford Model A.

They are a real hoot and if you're going proper with a steam setup then the trunk is a great place for a compressor.

Will see if I can get a pic on his setup.

From my experience the electric air powered ones are never that great or worth the hassle.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
as a fellow Bronco brother, I would ask and urge you NOT to do this install. I have had several blow such a horn during passing, on a two lane divided highway, but in both instances it is so utterly shocking that an unwanted accident is very much possible. In addition, every time it happens I have pity on that owner, that such a tool is necessary to show what, dominance, superiority or just plain fun of scaring the shit out of other drivers.....................

instead, invest that money in a useful or admired mod, we will all respect you more for that!

OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
as a fellow Bronco brother, I would ask and urge you NOT to do this install. I have had several blow such a horn during passing, on a two lane divided highway, but in both instances it is so utterly shocking that an unwanted accident is very much possible. In addition, every time it happens I have pity on that owner, that such a tool is necessary to show what, dominance, superiority or just plain fun of scaring the shit out of other drivers.....................

instead, invest that money in a useful or admired mod, we will all respect you more for that!
I haven’t purchased this and it’s on a list of about 12 other things I would like to have… this is at the bottom of that list. The company is localish to me so I see ads for them from time to time, basically the only reason I was asking. If it was about dominance I would of purchased a F350 and jacked it up 6” or purchased a exotic car. Legitimately about old folks who shouldn’t be driving pulling right out in front of you on a road where the speed limit is 55 mph and everyone is driving 70

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Legitimately about old folks who shouldn’t be driving pulling right out in front of you on a road where the speed limit is 55 mph and everyone is driving 70
Then add to the above lists from folks “giving someone a heart attack.” If this is your reasoning to get it then I suggest focusing on your other mods on your list 🤷‍♂️ I realize it’s a free country and it’s your truck, but there’s lots of pretty negative things that can occur from this. Plus it’d likely cause them to slow down even more as they try to figure out what’s going on.

@Tricky Dick just rolls down his window and blows his safety whistle. Plenty loud and gets lots of attention!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I haven’t purchased this and it’s on a list of about 12 other things I would like to have… this is at the bottom of that list. The company is localish to me so I see ads for them from time to time, basically the only reason I was asking. If it was about dominance I would of purchased a F350 and jacked it up 6” or purchased a exotic car. Legitimately about old folks who shouldn’t be driving pulling right out in front of you on a road where the speed limit is 55 mph and everyone is driving 70
I'm curious to see how this install goes. Keep us posted. I don't see the harm in it unless you are intentionally tring to be an asshole. Wih the lack of attention people have on the road, sometimes something like this can be helpfull. Or cause a ten car pile up.

OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm curious to see how this install goes. Keep us posted. I don't see the harm in it unless you are intentionally tring to be an asshole. Wih the lack of attention people have on the road, sometimes something like this can be helpfull. Or cause a ten car pile up.
It has nothing to do with being a asshole, I love how everyone automatically went straight to that. If you don’t live in a state with a huge population of people who shouldn’t be on the road driving, you just don’t and won’t ever get it. When my kids are in the vehicle and someone pulls out in front of me while I’m driving 60 mph, they deserve a wake up call.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hood has a great kit to install an ARB compressor, but not a lot of room for anything else. If you upgrade the exhaust the (much) smaller muffler will provide space for a tank maybe even a horn.
But you are pretty much firmly in the pavement princess category when you install gear that greatly decreases your ability to cross water.

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The hood has a great kit to install an ARB compressor, but not a lot of room for anything else. If you upgrade the exhaust the (much) smaller muffler will provide space for a tank maybe even a horn.
But you are pretty much firmly in the pavement princess category when you install gear that greatly decreases your ability to cross water.
The ability to cross water is limited solely by the placement of the altanater
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.