First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks great!!! I ordered the Hotheads Headliner and cancelled because mine also had the factory carpet installed. No way I wanted to do all that work!
Hotheads said they are about to unveil a solution for this, so hopefully it will be good.
Sponsored

ttrcali

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi, Im jumping on this thread because I looked for a solution and only found a review that said velcro.
Just finished my hothead. removed the sound deadening "carpet" on the drivers panel. Tried to remove the adhesive. Realized this was going to be a herculean task. Put the dynomat stuff on the front two panels and re-glued the headliner. Guess I am half assing it by not pulling the headliner on the back panels.
Picked up 10'x2" industrial strength adhesive back velcro. (in all, needed about 25ft) Stuck it to the double sided tape on the hothead. It holds really well.
Seems to be holding nicely. I didn't do a decibel check, but before the headliner on the highway at 80 sounded like riding a motorcycle at the same speed. With the headliner, its like driving with a sunroof open at 80. Less echo and the wind noise is a little better.
I requested help from hothead, but they never responded.
On a good note, if I end up not liking the hothead liner, the factory will still be in perfect shape.

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5180.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg
Update.
The rear panel keeps falling down. Velcro sticks to the hothead liner but not the factory carpet headliner. This sucks.

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Surely I did. After ordering I downloaded a DB app and ran a test. Drove at 65mph north on interstate and then came back south the same way. The DB app reading constantly jumps around but generally stays in a range. With no headliner it was in the 78 - 80 DB range.

Installed the Hotheads headliner this morning then ran the same test. The range now is 76 - 78. So, my unscientific testing shows around a 2 DB reduction on my rig.

I've actually been quite happy with the sound levels in my rig, probably because I expected it to be loud and it hasn't been. But I would like it quieter, so I got this headliner. I will probably have to adjust the radio equalizer because it seems to be muffling the highs now.

I would add that it looks to be very well made and it gives a brighter, finished, look to the interior. Don't know about the insulating quality yet.
I had about the same readings after downloading an app. Maybe sounds quieter do to there not being an echo type sound. Wish I would have thought about a sound meter before doing. I mostly bought for climate purposes but has not been real cold or hot since installing. I also noticed sound levels jump around depending on pavement. Will be interesting to see what it sounds like with different tires when replaced. Our Jeep is quieter on the meter but running Falkens and do not hear them anything like the Goodyear's going down the road.
The higher reading came when accelerating onto the highway.
IMG_3988.png
Sponsored