kpb17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the Hothead Headliner last weekend as well and it definitely seems to make a difference in terms of noise to me. Unfortunately I didn’t have a before/after sound levels. My hard top didn’t come with a factory sound dampening material, so I did not have to remove that prior to install. The front and passenger panels were easy to apply. The rear one I had a little trouble getting to stick, but I contacted their customer service and they quickly sent replacement tape strips to retry, which I’ll be doing in the next few days.
Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have the factory sound deadening and if so, how bad was it to remove?
I have asked this question to the company. I have the factory sound deadening headliner which does not live up to its name. When driving at highway speeds I fell like Aunt Bethany in Christmas Vacation " "You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant." If the Hot Head liner makes a difference in the noise level, I would be shelling out the dinero to get me some of that

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe they did a sound meter test themselves and the actual result isn’t helpful/ marketable.
Iasked Hot heads if they did a decibel compariosn their versus the factory liner and they stated that they had not done so.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iasked Hot heads if they did a decibel compariosn their versus the factory liner and they stated that they had not done so.
Interesting . If I was confident in my product and its qualities I would have done the test and made the results (assuming they were positive) a part of my marketing campaign.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im still not getting why they make it so you have to remove the factory liner - it should just go over it
It's been discussed before in other hothead threads.

They haven't exactly proven to be the best thing to attach to....

20230524_084249.jpg

There are multiple threads with people complaining about their factory headliners falling down. If you were to pick up a hothead liner they are surprisingly heavy, especially compared to the factory liner. They would be relying on Ford to have installed the factory liner correctly/efficiently, which is a gamble I definitely would not take.

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's been discussed before in other hothead threads.

They haven't exactly proven to be the best thing to attach to....

20230524_084249.jpg

There are multiple threads with people complaining about their factory headliners falling down. If you were to pick up a hothead liner they are surprisingly heavy, especially compared to the factory liner. They would be relying on Ford to have installed the factory liner correctly/efficiently, which is a gamble I definitely would not take.
Wow interesting thanks good to know!!

tr3vahf3d

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had them on my Jeep and they helped with the heat transfer but really couldn’t tell much difference on the sound. I wish Hotheads would simply make a video of before and after with a sound meter. I put an app on my phone so it’s really easy. This is basic marketing 101.
+1 for this, sound is subjective and frequency dependent. The meter doesn't lie.

They make claims 3-6dB on their site which is quite significant IMO but Im not comfortable buying until I see some proof.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
+1 for this, sound is subjective and frequency dependent. The meter doesn't lie.

They make claims 3-6dB on their site which is quite significant IMO but Im not comfortable buying until I see some proof.
same, I hope someone will surely download a free dB app and test before and after

Akwagon

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor superduty. 22 wrx, 83 toy p/u
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed one today in my 4dr. the factory carpet wraps to
Almost the end of each panel. hotheads leaves some panel exposed.
Sound will bounce off any reflecting surface that can’t absorb it per say.

based on this I’m guessing the DB reduction between the factory headliner and hotheads is about the same. As they’re each trying to do the same thing in diff ways. (Carpet to edge each panel vs thicker sound absorb material w less coverage area)

for insulation properties. Hot heads hands down.

Last edited:

kmntc4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4-Door 2.3L 7-Spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed hothead in mine a few weeks back, opted for the blue color and definitely got the sound assassin because i did not have any factory headliner or sound deadening.

I have a Gobi rack on my 23 badsquatch so that does not help lessen the wind noise, but for me it makes a notable difference in the sound level. I had a co-worker ride and he commented on how much quieter it was at highway speeds and didn't even notice the hothead until i pointed it out.

I had several phone calls before thru CarPlay and if I was on the highway people would comment it was noisy or couldn't quite understand unless I felt like I was yelling. I have yet to hear any complaints or comments while on the phone now with the hotheads and sound assassin installed.

Coming from no headliner to hothead, for me at least, its 100 times better now.

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im still not getting why they make it so you have to remove the factory liner - it should just go over it
I can see Ford denying a warranty claim if you remove the factory liner. They will claim that damage from chemicals or heat used to remove the liner and your POS hardtop that failure won’t be covered. I would love to install this product but no way is the risk worth it.

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4 door, 2.7 litre, cactus grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

same, I hope someone will surely download a free dB app and test before and after
Surely I did. After ordering I downloaded a DB app and ran a test. Drove at 65mph north on interstate and then came back south the same way. The DB app reading constantly jumps around but generally stays in a range. With no headliner it was in the 78 - 80 DB range.

Installed the Hotheads headliner this morning then ran the same test. The range now is 76 - 78. So, my unscientific testing shows around a 2 DB reduction on my rig.

I've actually been quite happy with the sound levels in my rig, probably because I expected it to be loud and it hasn't been. But I would like it quieter, so I got this headliner. I will probably have to adjust the radio equalizer because it seems to be muffling the highs now.

I would add that it looks to be very well made and it gives a brighter, finished, look to the interior. Don't know about the insulating quality yet.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surely I did. After ordering I downloaded a DB app and ran a test. Drove at 65mph north on interstate and then came back south the same way. The DB app reading constantly jumps around but generally stays in a range. With no headliner it was in the 78 - 80 DB range.

Installed the Hotheads headliner this morning then ran the same test. The range now is 76 - 78. So, my unscientific testing shows around a 2 DB reduction on my rig.

I've actually been quite happy with the sound levels in my rig, probably because I expected it to be loud and it hasn't been. But I would like it quieter, so I got this headliner. I will probably have to adjust the radio equalizer because it seems to be muffling the highs now.

I would add that it looks to be very well made and it gives a brighter, finished, look to the interior. Don't know about the insulating quality yet.
Did you get the extra sound assassin?

ttrcali

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi, Im jumping on this thread because I looked for a solution and only found a review that said velcro.
Just finished my hothead. removed the sound deadening "carpet" on the drivers panel. Tried to remove the adhesive. Realized this was going to be a herculean task. Put the dynomat stuff on the front two panels and re-glued the headliner. Guess I am half assing it by not pulling the headliner on the back panels.
Picked up 10'x2" industrial strength adhesive back velcro. (in all, needed about 25ft) Stuck it to the double sided tape on the hothead. It holds really well.
Seems to be holding nicely. I didn't do a decibel check, but before the headliner on the highway at 80 sounded like riding a motorcycle at the same speed. With the headliner, its like driving with a sunroof open at 80. Less echo and the wind noise is a little better.
I requested help from hothead, but they never responded.
On a good note, if I end up not liking the hothead liner, the factory will still be in perfect shape.

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5180.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg