Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got the HotHead headliner along with the sound assassin upgrade, and all I can say is Wow! I was not really expecting much for interior sound deadening as I was really after the insulation properties of the headliner for the cold winter months. After getting it installed the next morning my wife took the Bronco to run errands and came back and mentioned how much quieter it was. So I headed out with it and yes there was a difference. Not sure if it is the sound deadening mats or the fact that the headliner covers the open space between the cage and hard top. There is very little space compared to before liner was put it. Maybe the same reason the foam pipe that some people have intalled. Bronco is with the wife right now but when it gets back I will take a picture of what I mean. No it is still not as quiet as my Lincoln Continental but close to as quiet as my 150 with the moon roof. Install was easy and product looks very well done. Thanks @hotheads headliners

IMG_3809.jpeg

IMG_3813.jpeg

IMG_3811.jpeg
Sponsored

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I got the HotHead headliner along with the sound assassin upgrade, and all I can say is Wow! I was not really expecting much for interior sound deadening as I was really after the insulation properties of the headliner for the cold winter months. After getting it installed the next morning my wife took the Bronco to run errands and came back and mentioned how much quieter it was. So I headed out with it and yes there was a difference. Not sure if it is the sound deadening mats or the fact that the headliner covers the open space between the cage and hard top. There is very little space compared to before liner was put it. Maybe the same reason the foam pipe that some people have intalled. Bronco is with the wife right now but when it gets back I will take a picture of what I mean. No it is still not as quiet as my Lincoln Continental but close to as quiet as my 150 with the moon roof. Install was easy and product looks very well done. Thanks @hotheads headliners
Did you have the factory sound deadening and if so, how bad was it to remove?

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_3809.jpeg
IMG_3813.jpeg
IMG_3811.jpeg

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had them on my Jeep and they helped with the heat transfer but really couldnā€™t tell much difference on the sound. I wish Hotheads would simply make a video of before and after with a sound meter. I put an app on my phone so itā€™s really easy. This is basic marketing 101.

Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really impressed with the sound deadening too when I installed mine. I do not have to turn the radio up as loud now.

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need someone to compare to factory headliner. Otherwise difficult to warrant this. The factory headliner is pretty quiet as-is.

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you have the factory sound deadening and if so, how bad was it to remove?
Im in the process of adding sound deadening on a factory hardtop with OEM carpet. It is not bad to take it down as long as you have a heat gun. Also, I have the second version of the mic top that supposedly has a much better sound deadening installation than the first version.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So did you remove the rear roof portion to install the HotHead, or did you install it with the rear roof portion in place?

Reactions: jxc

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need someone to compare to factory headliner. Otherwise difficult to warrant this. The factory headliner is pretty quiet as-is.
That would be good to see also. I canā€™t speak to how quiet the factory one is but the Hotheads looks to be close to an inch thick with a backer and foam and material. Maybe if come across a used or new one with it installed I will take it for a ride.
So did you remove the rear roof portion to install the HotHead, or did you install it with the rear roof portion in place?
I left the rear top on and Hotheads video recommended that too.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be good to see also. I canā€™t speak to how quiet the factory one is but the Hotheads looks to be close to an inch thick with a backer and foam and material. Maybe if come across a used or new one with it installed I will take it for a ride.

I left the rear top on and Hotheads video recommended that too.
Good to know, and simplifies the install I'm guessing.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We must own different vehicles as it sounds like the world is ending in my Bronc with the wind going the wrong direction.