Sponsored

How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!)

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure. Dealership is Maitland motors in Sault Ste Marie. They have an Outer Banks and a manual Big Bend there right now. Both soft tops though which explains partially why they haven't sold yet here. I would not have gone without my MIC top in these winters!
That sounds like their Mannequin units.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a call first thing this morning. The dealer is now offering me MSRP. I am super torn. Part of me was going to be alright never hearing from them again.

I asked them what changed, and he said he wasn't sure to be honest. So already re-establishing trust with them is fuzzy, at best. I told them I would call them back.
Go for it, dude.

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered thru Germain of Beavercreek as well as my Dad. We have had good communication with them and actually just test drove a big bend soft top over the weekend that they got in last Thursday. They have been very good to us so far and according the the sales manager and general manager they have not received a single Customer ordered Bronco yet. They are still waiting on there original Demo Bronco too which is a Loaded Wildtrak. I will be closely following how all of this turns out!
Ford Bronco How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!) tempImageSxbRY

Sponsored
OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What happened ? . . . . . did the MSRP deal work-out ok ??

Tell us your Bronco is now in your driveway . .
Haha sorry I meant to update earlier. I’m not sure what I expected but when I got there it was just straight to business. Signed the PO locked to MSRP, put my reservation money down again and left. My build date is still the first week of November. I plan to go back at some point to test drive their mannequin eventually between now and then.
Maybe somebody can tell me what to expect timewise from week one November build date to delivery? Best I can tell it’s around 4-6 weeks?

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alright !! . . . you got the MSRP !!
Way to go !!
Haha I feel like you were with me from original post all the way through it man. What a ride to get a ride.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's effectiveness will remain to be seen, but other users on social media can help by replying or retweeting it.
It's easily found by searching Twitter for "Change our dealership". Reply, retweet, whatever - get it seen by more people. Maybe Ford will take a stance on it. I personally doubt they'll do anything, but they definitely won't without an effort.

I'm afraid I may end up being another bad story. I thought my signed spec sheet would be enough, but have learned it won't be if they want to screw me. I've asked for a price sheet, but haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping for decent human behavior, but humans have a way of disappointing.
I have the same signed build sheet, although, just asked for a signed retail sales order. We shall see if I get it.

In addition to signing the build sheet, the rep at my dealer said "Can you please date it? That is one important part that Ford is very picky about."

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on calling Bronco Hotline tomorrow about all the mark up stories. I'm sure they'll say there is nothing they can do, they can, but I figure if everyone in the community calls them up it might be enough noise to make Ford ensure their independent dealer with the Ford Badge on the sign to treat us fairly. True they can't force dealers to sell at MSRP but they can start screwing with dealer's ordered Bronco allocation as well as Mustangs, Mavericks and F-150 Lightning.

Sponsored
OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I plan on calling Bronco Hotline tomorrow about all the mark up stories. I'm sure they'll say there is nothing they can do, they can, but I figure if everyone in the community calls them up it might be enough noise to make Ford ensure their independent dealer with the Ford Badge on the sign to treat us fairly. True they can't force dealers to sell at MSRP but they can start screwing with dealer's ordered Bronco allocation as well as Mustangs, Mavericks and F-150 Lightning.
I think this is very worthwhile. I called them 4 times. Every time they were receptive to the feedback. They made sure to take down my concerns and repeat them back to me over the phone even offering some guidance where necessary. Does that mean it will ever amount to anything? Who knows. But the line is there for a reason, and it's good that we give the feedback.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You seem surprised that a consumer would want the ability to shop around and compare?

The vehicle is far from shipment and the dealership already gouged because they know they can. If Ford allowed me to change my reservation on the build I put in, to another dealership, I would ABSOLUTELY shop around for the best deal I could find. Y'know, the way purchasing a vehicle typically works in a pre-COVID/microchip shortage world. That's how it all works my friend, that isn't blackmail.

I'm not sure I feel entitled to anything? I was ready to pay money for a product. At this point, while I'd love to see my reservation moved from the scummy dealership, it's really about a cautionary tale, and letting my local community know.
Thanks for proving my point, you had the opportunity to shop around before you put in an order. You picked a dealer that gave you a price you didn't like. You want to order from someone, then have the ability to move it to another dealer if you don't like the price. What if you wanted something off MSRP and you first dealer wouldn't budge? Suggested prices are not ceilings. Same thing, you expect Ford to ignore the allocation system, yank the build, and ship it to a dealer that will beat the first price, you are essentially stating that you should be able to have every dealer you want compete on price after order and allocation process, so yeah, that is more than a touch of entitlement. The fact that you don't recognize that feeling you should get that option when literally no one else in the World gets it confirms that you think you are special and shouldn't be subject to the same rules and responsibilities as others. I am wasting my breath I am sure, please feel free to explain why using up a dealer allocation and being locked to the dealer you chose after ordering shouldn't apply to you.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for proving my point, you had the opportunity to shop around before you put in an order. You picked a dealer that gave you a price you didn't like. You want to order from someone, then have the ability to move it to another dealer if you don't like the price. What if you wanted something off MSRP and you first dealer wouldn't budge? Suggested prices are not ceilings. Same thing, you expect Ford to ignore the allocation system, yank the build, and ship it to a dealer that will beat the first price, you are essentially stating that you should be able to have every dealer you want compete on price after order and allocation process, so yeah, that is more than a touch of entitlement. The fact that you don't recognize that feeling you should get that option when literally no one else in the World gets it confirms that you think you are special and shouldn't be subject to the same rules and responsibilities as others. I am wasting my breath I am sure, please feel free to explain why using up a dealer allocation and being locked to the dealer you chose after ordering shouldn't apply to you.
You're right, you are wasting your breath ;)

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure. Dealership is Maitland motors in Sault Ste Marie. They have an Outer Banks and a manual Big Bend there right now. Both soft tops though which explains partially why they haven't sold yet here. I would not have gone without my MIC top in these winters!
I could be on the south end of the bridge tonight if they can get it across to me 😂
Sponsored