Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

5a45507c-959b-4e7e-aa5d-a489821ecf1d-jpeg.jpg

So, looking at the photos of the Broncos from Super Celebration East (like the photo above), they all have lots of mud kicked up on the side of the car, onto the door handles, and layered onto the rear fender. Is this solely the result of driving on a dirt road in the rain and mud, or should we expect a large amount of filth to be kicked up onto the vehicle in everyday street/highway driving conditions? It's one thing to require a car wash after off-roading, but how fast is the Bronco going to get dirty in normal driving conditions? Does anyone know?

And how much of the mud do we blame on the road conditions, tire style, fender design, etc.? Do you think adding the optional mud flaps would make a sufficient difference?
If you're worried about a clean car, you should cancel and go land rover. Had a cuppa too tree JKUs and always had rooster tails. It's a pride thing shows you really love your vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike Wickham

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to all the people who gave straight answers. Yes, it is was a serious question. It's my first time with an off-roader. My wife and I like to hike/backpack in remote regions of the Desert Southwest. We need a vehicle like this to get us to remote, unpaved places and trailheads-- and fully expect that it will get dirty when we do that. But, like most vehicles, this one is going to spend most of its life going to work, grocery store, etc. If the vehicle is going to crap all over the door handles when just driving down Main Street or the interstate, my wife is not going to like that. And I don't want to spend my life washing a car every other day. So, hopefully, the optional mud flaps will do the job sufficiently. Replies in that regard were what I was looking for.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks to all the people who gave straight answers. Yes, it is was a serious question. It's my first time with an off-roader. My wife and I like to hike/backpack in remote regions of the Desert Southwest. We need a vehicle like this to get us to remote, unpaved places and trailheads-- and fully expect that it will get dirty when we do that. But, like most vehicles, this one is going to spend most of its life going to work, grocery store, etc. If the vehicle is going to crap all over the door handles when just driving down Main Street or the interstate, my wife is not going to like that. And I don't want to spend my life washing a car every other day. So, hopefully, the optional mud flaps will do the job sufficiently. Replies in that regard were what I was looking for.
If you are going to mainly use it for day to day commutes and such, then the Bogger tires may not be right for ya. Some 46" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws should so for a daily driver. :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco How dirty do Broncos get? 1619417127148

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live on a dirt road. If the road is wet, and you travel at any significant speed, the sides of your vehicle will get dirty, even with mud flaps and fender flares.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if trolling or not. :unsure:

Ummm...isnā€™t getting it dirty the whole point? Maybe a BMW would better fit your needs. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
BMWs have a severe brake dust issue on their wheels! 5 miles after a car wash the wheels are covered....again!

I prefer dirt on the side of a Bronco!

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mud on Bronco is a feature not a defect.
There is mud on the Bronco even in the Build and Price on Ford.com to get a bit more photo realistic.

I am getting Antimatter Blue so my mud POPS!
Metallic flake mud!!

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You'll be spitting mud for a week.....:D

not that there is anything wrong with that....
A KN 95 mask should be a good combination of comfortable and breathable.A fishing buff should work in a pinch but is not preferable in areas where giardella may be common.

Now Send It!

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if trolling or not. :unsure:

Ummm...isnā€™t getting it dirty the whole point? Maybe a BMW would better fit your needs. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Maybe I am reading the OPs question differently than you, but for a vehicle designed with removable doors, there is a lot of mud and material coated on the doors.

Of course, if you go off roading you will get dirty, but I read his question more from a daily driver perspective and the driver getting coated with road debris.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco How dirty do Broncos get? Screenshot_20210426-061332_Google

So, looking at the photos of the Broncos from Super Celebration East (like the photo above), they all have lots of mud kicked up on the side of the car, onto the door handles, and layered onto the rear fender. Is this solely the result of driving on a dirt road in the rain and mud, or should we expect a large amount of filth to be kicked up onto the vehicle in everyday street/highway driving conditions? It's one thing to require a car wash after off-roading, but how fast is the Bronco going to get dirty in normal driving conditions? Does anyone know?

And how much of the mud do we blame on the road conditions, tire style, fender design, etc.? Do you think adding the optional mud flaps would make a sufficient difference?
Are you saying you donā€™t like it dirty?

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mud will keep the mosquitos and flies off your hindquarters. Thatā€™s a feature, not a bug.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: abe