Sponsored

How do I name a saved 'Favorite' in the NAV system?

GRB1959

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have saved a couple of favorites in the NAV system of my 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands. I have the Lux package. I am able to use these saved favorites as a destination in the NAV system, but I cannot figure out how to edit a saved address and add a name.

The ability to add a name to a saved address favorite is available on my 2021 Ford Edge ST and was also available on my 2014 Ford Fiesta ST. I assume that the functionality to add a name to a saved favorite is available on my Bronco, but for some reason I cannot find it.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GRB1959

GRB1959

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know how to add a name to a saved NAV favorite address?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t realize people still used NAV vs. Google/Apple Maps 😁

Not sure if this helps?

Ford Bronco How do I name a saved 'Favorite' in the NAV system? IMG_0182

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup Yup Yup, I've always prefer using the native GPS, for a few reasons, but with wireless Android Auto, I'm wondering if I'm going to continue this trend. But I do like having another option if I lose cell service while traveling in more remote locations.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup Yup Yup, I've always prefer using the native GPS, for a few reasons, but with wireless Android Auto, I'm wondering if I'm going to continue this trend. But I do like having another option if I lose cell service while traveling in more remote locations.
I know on Google Maps you can download an offline version of your map - You just select an area (it can be quite large) and it'll work for you, even with no cell service.

I'm not sure if the other main map options on the market do this too, but it's a helpful feature when you lose connection.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah yeah yeah. Every time someone ask about the oem nav all the posts are how you shouldn't use it and how tying up your phone is a much better option.

I love using built in vehicle nav so much more and there are so many additional benefits just having it in the vehicle and running all the time.

As for your question, I know exactly what you're talking about. I haven't tried it myself, but I swear I read where someone said when you're looking at your list of favorites swipe one of them and you may get an option to edit... Not
100%

OP
OP
GRB1959

GRB1959

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah yeah yeah. Every time someone ask about the oem nav all the posts are how you shouldn't use it and how tying up your phone is a much better option.

I love using built in vehicle nav so much more and there are so many additional benefits just having it in the vehicle and running all the time.

As for your question, I know exactly what you're talking about. I haven't tried it myself, but I swear I read where someone said when you're looking at your list of favorites swipe one of them and you may get an option to edit... Not
100%
You hit the nail on the head. In order to add a name to a saved favorite address you need to go to the NAV saved favorites screen and then swipe to the left and select 'Edit' and then you can add a name to a saved favorite address. Thanks so much.

A lot of folks use their cell phones with the Ford Sync 4 system to get NAV information and that is great. However, my cell phone plan is with Xfinity mobile (uses Verizon network) and I have the by the GIG payment plan so I try to limit my cell phone data usage in order to have a low monthly cell phone bill. My total cell phone bill for both my cell phone and my wife's cell phone is between $17-$18 per month which is very reasonable.

If I constantly use my cell phone data when not on a WIFI network I will exceed the 1GB limit and for every additional GB used it is another $18-$20 per month. I realize I can get an unlimited data plan and it won't matter then, but I sort of enjoy the roughly $20 monthly cell phone bill for 2 cell phones.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My total cell phone bill for both my cell phone and my wife's cell phone is between $17-$18 per month which is very reasonable.
I would say so! That's amazing.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You hit the nail on the head. In order to add a name to a saved favorite address you need to go to the NAV saved favorites screen and then swipe to the left and select 'Edit' and then you can add a name to a saved favorite address. Thanks so much.

A lot of folks use their cell phones with the Ford Sync 4 system to get NAV information and that is great. However, my cell phone plan is with Xfinity mobile (uses Verizon network) and I have the by the GIG payment plan so I try to limit my cell phone data usage in order to have a low monthly cell phone bill. My total cell phone bill for both my cell phone and my wife's cell phone is between $17-$18 per month which is very reasonable.

If I constantly use my cell phone data when not on a WIFI network I will exceed the 1GB limit and for every additional GB used it is another $18-$20 per month. I realize I can get an unlimited data plan and it won't matter then, but I sort of enjoy the roughly $20 monthly cell phone bill for 2 cell phones.
Nice... Thanks for the confirmation. I actually need to try it myself!

Biggest mistake I've ever made in my Bronco was trying out Android Auto..omg what a disaster. I ended up having to disable Android auto on my phone, completely forget and re-pair my phone to the Bronco.... All just so I can have my phone anywhere near the Bronco, or plug it in the charging port without it automatically taking over.

Built-in nav is so nice. I'm not saying Ford has the best nav out there, but I can't tell you the number of times I've used the mapping without actually being in Navigation mode.

Quick glance to see what road is coming up next, see if I'm generally heading in the right direction of where I want to go, maybe bypass some traffic because I can quickly see there's some side roads that go around, etc.

In my Mazda, when I used to commute to work early in the morning and it was super foggy (like so bad you can't see the upcoming road signs), their Nav automatically displays the next upcoming road so I could easily tell My turn was upcoming.

And I love how the sync nav allows me to easily add waypoints while you are on a road trip trip...like find me a Wendy's.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice... Thanks for the confirmation. I actually need to try it myself!

Biggest mistake I've ever made in my Bronco was trying out Android Auto..omg what a disaster. I ended up having to disable Android auto on my phone, completely forget and re-pair my phone to the Bronco.... All just so I can have my phone anywhere near the Bronco, or plug it in the charging port without it automatically taking over.

Built-in nav is so nice. I'm not saying Ford has the best nav out there, but I can't tell you the number of times I've used the mapping without actually being in Navigation mode.

Quick glance to see what road is coming up next, see if I'm generally heading in the right direction of where I want to go, maybe bypass some traffic because I can quickly see there's some side roads that go around, etc.

In my Mazda, when I used to commute to work early in the morning and it was super foggy (like so bad you can't see the upcoming road signs), their Nav automatically displays the next upcoming road so I could easily tell My turn was upcoming.

And I love how the sync nav allows me to easily add waypoints while you are on a road trip trip...like find me a Wendy's.

I think we are in the minority but I'm a fan of the Ford Nav as well. I heard enough horror stories of Android Auto that I didn't even bother syncing it with the Bronco and just went with the Ford Nav right from the start.. I'm OK with the yearly fee, just one more I'm paying ! LOL As mentioned in another thread, the traffic feature is not too accurate but I can deal with that.
Sponsored