Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I understand, it's built into the system. It's apparently not really a good idea to keep recirculating the air for too long, so it's just replacing the air. Here's a more thorough explanation: https://www.autocornerd.com/air-recirculation-in-the-car-keeps-turning-off-automatically/
Yep, this. I experienced it. and it is very annoying. Suddenly having lots of air blowing on you changes how you feel about the temp.

I solve this by never using recirc.

Honestly, I don't know what was wrong with just handling the stale are problem the same way it had been for years before these "too smart devices" which was insure a minimum amount of fresh air into the cabin regardless of heat/AC or recirc being on. That steady fresh air fed in upstream of the heat/AC so could be temperature controlled
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it seems to be more related to my driving speed then temperature. Yesterday it happend again when i hit 85mph+. Temperature outside was around 75f. I had only been driving like 10 mins.
I agree it happens at faster speeds. Don’t recall it happening around town. That’s what makes it so bad. Your going 70+ and suddenly high speed 45degree air fills the cab.

Leo-Bronco

Base
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree it happens at faster speeds. Don’t recall it happening around town. That’s what makes it so bad. Your going 70+ and suddenly high speed 45degree air fills the cab.
yup today I tested it several different ways.

pretty much as soon as i hit 90mph it starts blowing hard even if its on low.

Doesnt matter if i just turned on the a/c or if its been on a while.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up my Bronco last night. And it self ventilated quite often on highway trip home. Seemed to stop as I got into the next temperature zone(cooler). Florida being a long state surrounded by water we have 3 zones with very different night time temps based on time of year.

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If my top is down and I have the fan set to anything other than 0, the air velocity out of the vents is tied to the speed I'm traveling.

Base, so simple air controls.

My guess it has to to will air flow and pressure differentials pulling air through the vents.

Sponsored

Weck

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500, Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is very annoying to have the hvac set perfect while driving down the interstate and then all of a sudden the vents blow 50mph air in your face. In the Texas summer it is just annoying, but in the winter it is freezing cold air. I found a quick push of the recirculate button off then back on overrides the system.

c_hack

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I brought this up with my dealer a month or so after getting mine. I had a 2011 F150 fX2 before this, and always used recirculate because I want to breathe air that doesn’t smell like exhaust or landfills or mowed grass when I’m driving. My Bronco has a mind of its own, and regularly kicks off recirculate to surprise blast my face with some “fresh” highway air, and no amount of turning the dials will change the temp or air volume/speed. Naturally, when I took it into the dealership, they said that’s just how the new air system is, and told me to try using max ac to override it. But I don’t want max AC freezing myself while I drive, I just want some still air to breathe and not dry my contacts out and blind me.
Sponsored