First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Super Duty, Ford Focus, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster.
There are so many great videos out there capturing everyone's adventures. Some look like movie quality, others not quite as good, but all of them have great content. It got me thinking though.... if someone wanted to record their outings, what is the ideal settings for recording/posting video with a phone or a go-pro? Also, what video editing program do you use?
Sponsored

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm no pro for sure but love to video motorcycle rides and Bronco rides. I have used a GoPro and an Insta360 x3 camera mounted on the dash. I've even used my DJI drone to follow-me down the road. For video editing I use an older version of Cyberlink Powerdirector. I like posting my videos to my Youtube channel. Some of my videos I do just for me and my family's enjoyment so when I post those on Youtube I mark them private. That way I can post family vacations, etc. for just me to enjoy. Hope this helps.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Duct tape & zip ties...

(Kidding)

OP
OP
Moo

Moo

Badlands
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm no pro for sure but love to video motorcycle rides and Bronco rides. I have used a GoPro and an Insta360 x3 camera mounted on the dash. I've even used my DJI drone to follow-me down the road. For video editing I use an older version of Cyberlink Powerdirector. I like posting my videos to my Youtube channel. Some of my videos I do just for me and my family's enjoyment so when I post those on Youtube I mark them private. That way I can post family vacations, etc. for just me to enjoy. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. I given a gopro to use during Bronco Off-Rodeo. Using the camera to capture the experience was the easy part .... its all the stuff after it that I need to figure out.

Thanks again. Happy trails.

Sponsored

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

take lots of B-roll and pictures!

There are some decent free video editing applications and if you're just starting out suggest start there. Some even have AI editing whereby you just input the footage and it "creates" a movie for you. Investing in high-end video production software is a waste if you don't already know how to use it. This will also force you to capture better/more content that you can later string together to create a movie using basic cut, trim, transition features. Of more concern than camera settings are to plan your shots and think about the compositions and capture angles...no one wants to sit through a 30min YouTube video of all behind the windscreen driving footage.

Maybe invest in a gimble and/or mounts for your camera of choice. Play with all the settings and modes and make practice movies around your house to learn how and when to use them. Not sure on GoPro but iPhone has some pretty nifty camera tricks these days. I also have a DJI phone gimbal and their app has additional camera functions as well as basic video editing.

also please don't shoot vertical videos!!!! ;-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moo

Moo

Badlands
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
take lots of B-roll and pictures!

There are some decent free video editing applications and if you're just starting out suggest start there. Some even have AI editing whereby you just input the footage and it "creates" a movie for you. Investing in high-end video production software is a waste if you don't already know how to use it. This will also force you to capture better/more content that you can later string together to create a movie using basic cut, trim, transition features. Of more concern than camera settings are to plan your shots and think about the compositions and capture angles...no one wants to sit through a 30min YouTube video of all behind the windscreen driving footage.

Maybe invest in a gimble and/or mounts for your camera of choice. Play with all the settings and modes and make practice movies around your house to learn how and when to use them. Not sure on GoPro but iPhone has some pretty nifty camera tricks these days. I also have a DJI phone gimble and their app has additional camera functions as well as basic video editing.

also please don't shoot vertical videos!!!! ;-)

Good info thank you! Not gonna lie though... had to look up what B-roll was :)
Sponsored