Sponsored

How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber?

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the start of the thread, the update made was to change from 02 to 01 to enable amber DRLs, but at the end of this thread the instructions say to change from 02 to 04. Google sheets report 04 as Turn and DRL.

Did this change between June and November?

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I figured. Thanks. Don't think its that important to me to start messing around with forescan. Appreciate the help.
Thats Exactly what I thought till I did it. Its way easier than you think. You don't even have to mess with all the numbers and stuff any more. I was able to do it with mine, also got rid of the double honk, added sport mode, and a few other small changes. It was totally worth it.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats Exactly what I thought till I did it. Its way easier than you think. You don't even have to mess with all the numbers and stuff any more. I was able to do it with mine, also got rid of the double honk, added sport mode, and a few other small changes. It was totally worth it.
Getting rid of double honk is next on my list.

adbattiston

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2.3L 2 Door 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just did this yesterday and am THRILLED.

To confirm (as I was not sure re: the 02-->01 or 02-->04 was a revision): I changed both to 04 and not have the horizontal amber lights.

Sponsored

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just did this yesterday and am THRILLED.

To confirm (as I was not sure re: the 02-->01 or 02-->04 was a revision): I changed both to 04 and not have the horizontal amber lights.
Daytime running lights - after writting vehicle must be in drive to see new state (doesn't work in park)BdyCM726-43-01**xx
BdyCM726-43-01xx**

I attempted to change the first set of values for 726-43-01 for a OBX with LUX package with signature headlights from 0202 to these values

* 0404 --> Amber DRLs and turn signals nonfunctional
* 0101 --> Turn signals flash amber, but DRLs are white in park and in drive.

I would check if your change to 0404 allows you to have your front hazards and turn signals work. In my case the front was static amber (no flashing), while the rear lights flashed with the turn/hazard signal.

adbattiston

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Daytime running lights - after writting vehicle must be in drive to see new state (doesn't work in park)BdyCM726-43-01**xx
BdyCM726-43-01xx**

I attempted to change the first set of values for 726-43-01 for a OBX with LUX package with signature headlights from 0202 to these values

* 0404 --> Amber DRLs and turn signals nonfunctional
* 0101 --> Turn signals flash amber, but DRLs are white in park and in drive.

I would check if your change to 0404 allows you to have your front hazards and turn signals work. In my case the front was static amber (no flashing), while the rear lights flashed with the turn/hazard signal.
That is very good to know, thank you! I am going to check this evening.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That is very good to know, thank you! I am going to check this evening.
@adbattiston & @SlowPoke - Any luck ? I am trying to get this working on a 23 HEL - no Amber DRL's as of yet....
Made my changes through BCM Module Config - and I have nothing
Ford Bronco How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber? 1705026939826

This is what the values now show in BCM As Built -
Ford Bronco How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber? 1705027065003

Not sure what I am doing wrong - I got all my other ForScan mods to take - but this DRL one has me stumped.

Last edited:

Broncā€™n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Put on the ebrake and put in drive. Driving lights need to be enabled and auto lights on at the switch. If it is too dark, like in a garage , the regular lights come on. Drove me nuts when I did mine because even though my garage is very bright, it wasnā€™t bright enough for the sensor to think the daytime running lamps needed to function.
Put out side and in gear ( or neutral) and it works.
@adbattiston & @SlowPoke - Any luck ? I am trying to get this working on a 23 HEL - no Amber DRL's as of yet....
Made my changes through BCM Module Config - and I have nothing
Ford Bronco How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber? 1705027065003

This is what the values now show in BCM As Built -

Not sure what I am doing wrong - I got all my other ForScan mods to take - but this DRL one has me stumped.
IMG_9495.jpeg

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey was wondering how people are turning the horizontal lights on the from to amber. Just installed amber drills with my fog light kit and ditch lights from rough country and think it would be cool to turn the horizontal lights to amber as well is this a forescan mod. thanks.
IMG_1610.jpeg
You actually don't without doing some programming changes. They are white. If you want amber you have to get aftermarket headlights or do some programming changes.

Form Lighting can be either white or amber (but you can't have the DRL white and the horizontaol amber and vice versa, the colors will match). You can change the color after installation as they have both built in

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/form-lighting-2021-2024-ford-bronco-led-projector-headlights-pair/
Ford Bronco How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber? Side by Side (small)

The AlphaRex are the same style but they allow the DRL to be one color and the horizontal part to be another color. You can change the color but PRIOR to installation. They have both built in but you have to change it on the underside of the light

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/headlights/

Ford Bronco How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber? 1705077572041

Morimoto XB are either white or amber BUT you can't choose after installation. You have to order them with white OR amber

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xb-led-headlights-for-2021-ford-bronco-amber-drl/

Ford Bronco How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber? New-XB-4

Morimoto XRGB can be anything. You change the colors from an App. Just like the Morimoto XB and Form Lighting the DRL and the horizontal always have the same color

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morimoto-xrgb-led-headlights-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber? XRGB2 (small)

adbattiston

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put on the ebrake and put in drive. Driving lights need to be enabled and auto lights on at the switch. If it is too dark, like in a garage , the regular lights come on. Drove me nuts when I did mine because even though my garage is very bright, it wasnā€™t bright enough for the sensor to think the daytime running lamps needed to function.
Put out side and in gear ( or neutral) and it works.

Ford Bronco How do you turn the horizontal lights up front to Amber? XRGB2 (small)
So, I think I have it straight now.

There are two outcomes (Both in BdyCM 726-43-01):

1. Changing to 0404 makes the horizontal lights permanently amber, however, they do not blink when you signal (i.e., signals non-functional) and hazards also non-functional.

2. Changing to 0101 makes it amber when in neutral/drive AND when auto-headlights are not on.

Is that all correct?

And then the slightly confusing part to me (apologies, may only be me!) is that there is the asterisk note in the Google Doc = "** NOTE 04 works during daylight, at night white and blink amber"

Broncā€™n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just did the toggle, but 0101 should work. I leave my headlights on Auto. Daytime Running Lights have to be enabled. If it is bright enough ( light sensor) out and you are not in park with vehicle on/running, amber lights will be on. They will still blink as needed with signals.
Hope that helps.
So, I think I have it straight now.

There are two outcomes (Both in BdyCM 726-43-01):

1. Changing to 0404 makes the horizontal lights permanently amber, however, they do not blink when you signal (i.e., signals non-functional) and hazards also non-functional.

2. Changing to 0101 makes it amber when in neutral/drive AND when auto-headlights are not on.

Is that all correct?

And then the slightly confusing part to me (apologies, may only be me!) is that there is the asterisk note in the Google Doc = "** NOTE 04 works during daylight, at night white and blink amber"

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Regardless of whether or not I've activated with 0101 or 0404 the front blinkers (L/R or hazard) no longer blink even if the DRLs are amber.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
AMber DRL's now work - my garage is super bright with lots of overhead LED's. Brought the car outside and within 20 seconds, my DRL's switched over to Amber. Pull back in the garage and the low beams come on - back to white as advertised.
Sponsored