Sponsored

How much would you pay to Turo a Raptor at Silver Lake?

cbradio666

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
there, see now I’m glad I posted this thread and found this out prior to ordering. I’ll go back and talk to my Haggerty friend about this.

Initially, it sounded like Haggerty was developing a coverage package for Turo hosts because the Turo coverage sucked so bad, and they fought so many repair estimate discrepancies. Michigan is NFI so the renter’s car insurance wouldn’t cover anything anyway. For “a price” the car would be 100% covered by Haggerty Insurance.

Just curious, did you plan to host your Wildtrak on Turo? Will you follow through on your golden ticket and host your (t)Raptor (for on-road use)? Any idea what you’d charge? I was thinking $400/day.
I had planned to list the Wildtrak, but I don't plan to list the BRaptor. Too rare to risk it getting destroyed. In 4 years? Maybe.

I have a 4runner on there now and have a Subaru outback on order that may or may not get listed too. Managing more than 2 cars is a pain if you offer airport delivery.
Sponsored

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A 90-minute Porsche experience on a closed track is $600. I think a full 24 hours in a more exclusive Bronco Raptor is probably worth at least $1k per day.
this is not relevant at all, but I paid $430 for a 991.2 GTS from the Porsche museum for 24 hours and 500 km (in Germany obviously) and I drove that car hard and fast. I had to have my own coverage to supplement theirs and sign my life away and it was awesome.

On a Raptor I am sure you’d trash some fenders and plastic. Those are W I D E !

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
this is not relevant at all, but I paid $430 for a 991.2 GTS from the Porsche museum for 24 hours and 500 km (in Germany obviously) and I drove that car hard and fast. I had to have my own coverage to supplement theirs and sign my life away and it was awesome.

On a Raptor I am sure you’d trash some fenders and plastic. Those are W I D E !
People keep mentioning how wide the Raptor is, from what I can tell it’s 6.4” wider than the Sasquash. That’s only 3.2” on each side. That’s not that much bigger unless you already consider a sasquash wide.

VailBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had planned to list the Wildtrak, but I don't plan to list the BRaptor. Too rare to risk it getting destroyed. In 4 years? Maybe.

I have a 4runner on there now and have a Subaru outback on order that may or may not get listed too. Managing more than 2 cars is a pain if you offer airport delivery.
I'm with cbradio666 on this. Putting your BRaptor on Turo specifically for off-roading is a REALLY bad idea unless you can get outside insurance that specifically covers off-road use. If there is an issue, Turo will clap their hands and walk away offering no help (as they should since it's against their policies). Your personal insurance will also walk away, unless you walk the dark line of committing insurance fraud. You'd have to hold your breath hoping the renter's insurance would cover it...and Turo would not help you with that process due to the policy violation.

Keep in mind that there are Ferrari's and Lamborghini's on Turo in some cities for well less than $1k per day. Yes there could be people willing to pay that much for a BRaptor but that is probably a small market. Your normal rate would be in line with whatever F-150 Raptors are renting for.

I have my Bronco on Turo and since people don't read terms and conditions I also state in the listing that off-roading is prohibited. Even with normal on-road rentals it comes back with small damages and you think to yourself "how did they even do that?" For instance my rear door got damaged on the inside because someone left their skis or snowboard sticking out and slammed the door closed. It's not enough to file a claim, but those little things start to add up. Imagine how your awesome BRaptor will look after a couple of years of sand use.

Anyway, you'd likely do the best financially selling it and no doubt you'd do way better than the $15k the dealer offered. Otherwise do more research and consider just putting it on Turo as normal rental with no off-roading.

That's just my 2 cents for anyone else searching out Turo on these forums.

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've seen that video that's trending this week of the Tesla going airborne over a hill in LA, right? I imagine that, but worse, with a Raptor. All the clowns with their white framed Pit Vipers who call each other "bruh", hitting their popcorn flavored vape pen, seeing how far they can jump it at 100mph.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People keep mentioning how wide the Raptor is, from what I can tell it’s 6.4” wider than the Sasquash. That’s only 3.2” on each side. That’s not that much bigger unless you already consider a sasquash wide.
You have to think “on the margins”:

say there 20-24” space between your car and the adjacent car in a typical parking spot.

An extra 3-4” of width means losing 15-20% of that space. That’s significant for someone who doesn’t have a good “feel” for driving it.

Not to mention you’d lose a significantly greater % of the space you’d have when parking it in the first place.

Jstump99

Base
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Porsche 944 NA, 2001 Forester, 2017 CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a golden ticket and a dealer charging me MSRP. Still, I don’t really make enough to practically afford this thing.

I’m seriously considering parking it at a friends house who lives on upper Silver Lake in Mears for the summer and renting it out for day use on the dunes. A college roommate is the director of new initiatives at Haggerty insurance and they are developing a special package for Turo business operators that would offer full coverage in a NFI state like Michigan.

I’ve got numbers in mind for what I’d want to/need to charge on weekdays and weekends, but curious what the community here thinks they’d pay to have a BRaptor for a day. I don’t think I’d let anyone take it on roads, just the dunes.
Im personally renting 2 base models, once they arrive, a 4 door and a 2 door. I would rent for over $200-250 a day EASILY. I will have mine listed between $80-150 a day depending on demand/season/mods, etc
Sponsored