Sponsored

How to deal with auto down windows when getting window tint?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Every vehicle that I have had the windows tinted has come with instructions to not lower the windows for a couple of days after getting the tint installed..

Ho do you handle this with the auto down?
Sponsored

Burro5000

Base
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B4000
Your Bronco Model
Base
It didn't bother my windows after getting them tinted. I think the tint guys are aware a ton of cars have indexing windows so it is what it is. Luckily I don't drive my Bronco daily but you should be fine with the tint adhesion.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the windows tinted on the first bronco and the auto up/down didnt affect the tint at all and the insyaller stated it would be a non-issue. I however, did place blue painter’s tape on the console switches to remind the wife to not touch them. She wouldnt allow me to drill several holes in the console so I could glue sewing needles as a secondary measure and thumbtacks wouldnt stay put with 3m tape 😆.

Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guy said he used a little heat at the bottom to speed up the cure. I didn’t have to wait to roll down. Top end ceramic guy so figured he knew

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My step brother has installed tint on several Broncos; mainly, as long as they've done some already, I think you should be fine. I think he heats them a little like @steverollin suggested. He also says only get nano-ceramic from a good tint provider (he's in College Station and says the heat factor is huge).

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every vehicle that I have had the windows tinted has come with instructions to not lower the windows for a couple of days after getting the tint installed..

Ho do you handle this with the auto down?
If the tinter placed the bottom edge of the film below the rubber window seal that little drop will not affect it at all. They should make sure that area is cured sufficiently before you ever leave the shop.
Sponsored