Sponsored

How to tell who's the bigger dealer for ordering?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered from my local small-town dealer to support my local small-town economy. So I’ll probably never get my Bronco. Thanks Ford!
I did to, worked for me...
Sponsored

Untrained Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The way I understand it is that the bigger dealers get more allocation because they also get more orders. So a bigger dealer has more allocation, but a longer line. I think Ford was trying to make it so everyone ended up waiting the same amount of time. Obviously it has not worked that way.

I would go with the dealer that has the best reputation and you like/trust.

OP
OP
J.Spicoli

J.Spicoli

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would go with the dealer that has the best reputation and you like/trust.
I don't like or trust any dealer, there's just some I hate less than others, lol. But yeah, agree with what you're saying and will probably end up going that route.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will add that Ford puts a lot of weight into market share. Gaining market share in areas where fewer new vehicle registrations occur quarterly is easier to do for one automaker and shows growth. Explain? For simple math, if a tiny market registers 10 brand new vehicle registrations last quarter, and 3 are new Ford vehicles, that’s 30% market share. I work for one of the larger Ford dealers in the Cincinnati region. However, we have a Honda assembly plant about 20 miles away that employs thousands that receive attractive new Honda pricing benefits. This leads to a higher number of new Honda registrations in our particular market above all other automakers, thus making it harder to move the needle on market share. In 14 years at my dealership, and many spent as a New Car Manager, this has been a topic in regional meetings for as long as I can recall.

Your small market dealers are vitally important to automakers. Support them and don’t be discouraged from giving them your Bronco order. Ford will try it get it to them just as fast, if not faster.

Just sharing my opinion and personal experience. Sadly, until Amazon starts selling New Bronco, you’re going to have to put faith in one of them. 😁🤷‍♂️

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another question....how many units do dealers have to sell monthly to be a "high volume" dealer?
100/month? (All models)

But consider this: a dealer can refuse to service your vehicle if you did not buy from them. They are required to provide you with warranty work but that's it. Buy where you don't mind going back to.

But that's your choice. If I were the GM of one of 3 mid size dealers within 30 miles of your house you have lived in for 30 years and you bring in a Bronco you drove 2000 miles round-trip to collect from Granger, I might give you service but it will be at the end of the day on Friday when techs are tired and eager to blow the pop stand .

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered from Phil Long Ford 2 months ago, was told 3 to 4 months. Had VIN end of January with a March build date that has now been pushed to the first week in April. Was told getting the Soft Top is the key to a faster delivery.

My first reservation/order is with a MIC Top, it's over a year old and still nothing scheduled.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spend some time reading through the build week threads (or see ocbucks1 thread which links to build week spreadsheets). Find someone near you who got their VIN in a fairly short time frame. Ask if they'll share their dealer info (if you can't guess it from their info).

OP
OP
J.Spicoli

J.Spicoli

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spend some time reading through the build week threads (or see ocbucks1 thread which links to build week spreadsheets). Find someone near you who got their VIN in a fairly short time frame. Ask if they'll share their dealer info (if you can't guess it from their info).
Good idea, hadn't thought of that.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If they aren't charging a deposit (many dealers aren't) I would put in a few orders at different dealers, buy whichever one comes in first.
This is how dealers are getting so many “abandoned” orders with crazy ADM’s and why there are so many Day One guys still waiting, all these ghosted Broncos coming down the assembly line

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

100/month? (All models)

But consider this: a dealer can refuse to service your vehicle if you did not buy from them. They are required to provide you with warranty work but that's it. Buy where you don't mind going back to.

But that's your choice. If I were the GM of one of 3 mid size dealers within 30 miles of your house you have lived in for 30 years and you bring in a Bronco you drove 2000 miles round-trip to collect from Granger, I might give you service but it will be at the end of the day on Friday when techs are tired and eager to blow the pop stand .
That may be true and when I leave I will tell everyone I know how lousy their service department was.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That may be true and when I leave I will tell everyone I know how lousy their service department was.
Haha, (tongue firmly in cheek)

if I am BIG enough, like Tomball or any location of a "nation"al auto chain then social media disclaimers are like flies to a horse. I whip my tail at them simply by reflex and if it gets too bad I roll around in the dirt to crush them. I am too busy collecting ADM from the gullible public to worry about what they say afterwards - who needs a service department anyway, it just gets in the way of sales.

LOL

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha, (tongue firmly in cheek)

if I am BIG enough, like Tomball or any location of a "nation"al auto chain then social media disclaimers are like flies to a horse. I whip my tail at them simply by reflex and if it gets too bad I roll around in the dirt to crush them. I am too busy collecting ADM from the gullible public to worry about what they say afterwards - who needs a service department anyway, it just gets in the way of sales.

LOL
Lol
Sponsored