Sponsored

How to Turn On Ignition Without Starting Engine?

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cannot figure this out from the 562 page manual: I want to program radio and a bunch of other settings while Bronco is parked. (just got im yesterday!) How do I turn on the systems w/o starting the engine? (Please understand I'm coming off a '95 Mustang where you turned the key to accessory position :) ) Thanks.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I discovered this by mistake the other day. Try hitting Start, but without pressing the brake pedal. I think that got me in ACC mode of some kind.

Edit: Found it:

Ford Bronco How to Turn On Ignition Without Starting Engine? 1645030679204

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have said you just push the button without your foot on the brake pedal.

Also if you hit the power button on the radio knob it will turn that on. I think it runs for 15 or 30 minutes and then shuts off. You donā€™t need to be in ACC mode at all to do this

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, if you're just adjusting settings, if you hit the start button twice it will turn of the unnecessary "preparing to start" stuff.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, if you're just adjusting settings, if you hit the start button twice it will turn of the unnecessary "preparing to start" stuff.
Is this a fact? Nice to know you don't need your HVAC and dash on when in ACC mode

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I hit it twice without pressing the brake pedal?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I hit it twice without pressing the brake pedal?
I'm not sure the "hit it twice" has been verified, but pressing START just once WITHOUT your foot on the brake pedal definitely works.

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, everyone! Of course that did the trick and I was able to change the settings, program the radio, etc.

The User Manual is often pretty useless. For one thing, there's no global diagram of where everything is. Each affordance is section by section. For instance, they show you a giant photo of the mirror adjustment controls w/o any indication of where they are in truck (center console). In my last car, they were to the L of the steering wheel. Had to go Google to locate the switches. I used to write user manuals, so I get peeved when they're not well done.

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm well aware of starting in what Bronco calls "accessory mode" by pressing the start button without your foot on the brake. However in this mode the HVAC, headlights, and everything else if fully powered without the engine running, and I suspect you're draining your battery rapidly in this state. Every other car I've owned (including push button start ones) has these modes: LOCK (0), ACCESSORY (I), ON (II), and START (III). Typically "Accessory (I)" powers up radio and the touchscreen / system menus, but NOT headlights and HVAC - which is typically "On (II)" mode.

It appears when you press start without your foot on the brake the Bronco is in "On II". Do we not have an equivalent to "Accessory (I)" in the Bronco? I'd prefer to be able to mess with all my Sync Settings, read the onboard user manual, etc. without draining the battery. Is this possible?

Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just hit the power button on the radio itself if you only want to turn on the radio, but you'll also need to turn it off the same way. It can be powered by itself with everything else in the dormant state. That's how it's worked in my Ford's with push button start since 2013.

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, turn off the audio & AC w/ their own buttons if you don't want them in XSRE mode.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As others have mentioned press the Start button once without Foot on the Brake will put it in the ON Mode, with headlights, A/C etc. Press it a Second time without Foot on brake and it will change it over to ACC mode saving the battery.

OP
OP
RideEmCowboy

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, that works, too. Forgot to mention.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This tread reminded me back in the day I had the same but opposite issue.

I just turn the key to start the car. Just turn once to energize, twice to start the engine.
No foot needed on the brake.

When I first had the push button car, for the first 15 minutes I could not figure out how to start the engine until I tried putting my foot on the brake. I was like DOH! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored