Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What my dealer is doing is not accepting any more reservation transfers to preserve their current order and allocations and reward customers who were already reserved with them
How do the dealers have a choice? Does the Ford help desk not have access to them as a destination for your transfer??
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have already read on some threads about dealerships refusing to take on any transferred reservations regardless of timestamp. I don't think they can do that but what do I know?
I suppose now that one could chose themselves to not convert their order to a MY21 and instead hold out for MY22... a dealer could just as easy refuse to enter your MY21 order and instead wait to put it in until MY22.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That part Iā€™m not sure. Good question!
I would say always go though the help desk for that because they don't have skin in that game.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That part Iā€™m not sure. Good question!
Because there are no pricing guidelines from Ford who's to stop the Dealer from asking for $10K ADM for transferring in late as a deterrent. They know when you transfer in.

Sponsored

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this the kind of scenario that can happen?
Hope this makes sense.
Two customers with reservations for exactly the same build, but through two different dealers.
Customer Aā€™s reservation is ahead of Customer Bā€™s by 500 reservations.
Customer Aā€˜s reservation comes up in the order system and Ford looks at the associated build order and determines there are no commodity issues and can be built. It then looks at the allocation status of the associated dealer and finds that dealer has no allocations left. The order then becomes a no build.
A month later Customer Bā€™s reservation comes up and his order is also determined to have no commodity issues and can be built. This time the dealer has a remaining allocation open and the order then goes to be built.
Customer B gets his Bronco, Customer A doesnā€™t.
Is this possible?

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious about how the allocation works. Hereā€™s a hypothetical scenario. I would like your input as to how this would work.

DEALERSHIP X-Has 9 reservations (All hold day 2 & 3 reservations) and all 9 convert their order before March 19. Based on 30% formula, dealership is allotted 3 Broncos for 2021.
Suddenly, on March 18, a day 1 reservation holder switches to this dealership and orders and now he gets one of the 3 allocation spots, knocking one of the other 3 out of their slot to receive a 2021.

Is this how it would work or not?
I'm getting an allocation, I'm first day, about 9:45 pm my dealer has a lot of B6G reservations ..I'm # 98 out of about 130 allocations at this dealer and not sure about total reservations.

Here at B6G we probably have the top of the top in first and second day reservations nationwide.
I would almost bet our second day reservations are right after midnight and all those members that ordered 2nd Broncos are even late hour first day reservations.

The way I understand this is, while the allocations from each dealer may all go into Ford on the same day as far as I know the time stamp still matters as far as build order at the factory. If your time stamp is the 10th best in the country and you ordered a Badlands. It's going to get built #10 or better as long as you are not ordering one of the options that will delay the build.

Hypothetically Ford may also have build runs that might make a difference as well.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this the kind of scenario that can happen?
Hope this makes sense.
Two customers with reservations for exactly the same build, but through two different dealers.
Customer Aā€™s reservation is ahead of Customer Bā€™s by 500 reservations.
Customer Aā€˜s reservation comes up in the order system and Ford looks at the associated build order and determines there are no commodity issues and can be built. It then looks at the allocation status of the associated dealer and finds that dealer has no allocations left. The order then becomes a no build.
A month later Customer Bā€™s reservation comes up and his order is also determined to have no commodity issues and can be built. This time the dealer has a remaining allocation open and the order then goes to be built.
Customer B gets his Bronco, Customer A doesnā€™t.
Is this possible?
Yes, this is how it workd

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thatā€™s how it should work, but whatā€™s to prevent a dealer from saying they wonā€™t take any more new orders once they fill their allocations.

I can see both sides as long as you know ahead of time what a particular dealer will do.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
They would be shooting themselves in the foot. Their final allocation number is partially based on TOTAL converted reservations-to-orders. If they stop converting once they meet their allocation, not only would their final allocation number be lower than what was estimated this week, it could impact their allocation numbers going forward. They are essentially throwing away 70 % of their reservations with nothing to show for it.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers actually do not have a choice in accepting reservations. They can say they aren't taking them, but the actually don't make the decision.
That's what I thought.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers actually do not have a choice in accepting reservations. They can say they aren't taking them, but the actually don't make the decision.
That's is true they are forced to take the reservation but what forces them to make that reservation an order?

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's is true they are forced to take the reservation but what forces them to make that reservation an order?
Why would they not want to convert any reservation into an order? Ford wants dealers to convert all reservations into orders. Then Ford does their magic with numbers based on their formulas. Dealers actually get a hit with allocations for reservations that are not converted into orders.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Um, income. A larger allocation. Sales. Making payroll. I haven't ran across a dealer yet who doesn't want to close a sale.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, income. A larger allocation. Sales. Making payroll. I haven't ran across a dealer yet who doesn't want to close a sale.
Why would they not want to convert any reservation into an order? Ford wants dealers to convert all reservations into orders. Then Ford does their magic with numbers based on their formulas. Dealers actually get a hit with allocations for reservations that are not converted into orders.
If you look at a couple other posts dealers can also prioritize orders it seems so they can just put a low priority on a new transfer that came in late.
Sponsored