First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I cave it’ll be for the F250 Tremor or the 4Runner TRD Pro. Both of those are more then the Bronco so it makes me patient (frugality has its benefits)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

awesome. a new Tacoma is one of my fall back plans as well behind a 2022 Ranger.
I considered a Ranger Tremor in Cactus Gray! But I couldn't find one on a lot, they don't hold value like the Tacomas, and I didn't want to get a new Ranger that still has sync 3. Sure the Tacoma has ridiculously dated tech, but that's a Toyota thing I don't see changing soon and I don't think I will get worked up when the new models roll off the line because of it.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IFS for life

tapper881

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No hate - Tacos are solid trucks (had lots of fun with the one I owned a few years back) - it will serve you well in what ever adventure you choose. Congrats on the new Toy!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool truck. Thanks for not writing a thesis bashing Ford. Seems to be a theme on here lately

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It finally happened. I caved. I don't have any confidence I will get my Bronco in the next 6-12 months, but that's perfectly okay. I am not even upset with Ford because I know they would take my money and give me my Bronco if they could.

That being said, this is a positive post! I just bought a 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro in Lunar Rock! I know I will get some hate, but that's okay. I am going to have an awesome truck to tide me over! And if the Bronco takes me long enough, I will own both! Either way, I really want to see if the Bronco is all it's cracked up to be and if the right move is to flip the Taco, I will.

I only have a couple crappy pics from the dealer website, but I will update the post with more when I pick the truck up Saturday!

1624494790576.png

1624494806419.png

1624494823431.png

P.S. I am not leaving the forum.
Did you cave and cancel your reservation/order or still have it and order the Tacoma? Can always have both

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right there with you brother.
Traded my '18 JLU Moab in a week ago Saturday for a '21 Gladiator Rubicon. By my figuring I wont see my Bronco before January or February. (Badlands, Lux, Dual tops, 2.7L, towing)
Also couldn't pass the deal up with Tread Lightly discount and trade in of $4K less than I paid for the Moab two years ago.
I may cancel and go with a '22 in Lightning Blue with white top 🤞

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you cave and cancel your reservation/order or still have it and order the Tacoma? Can always have both
Keeping the reservation and will pick up the Tacoma Saturday. I tried ordering one, but I am so paranoid from my first experience ordering a vehicle (I wonder why) that I was worried it wouldn't come and I would miss out on Lunar Rock.

When I placed my order it was for a manual, but transmission wasn't a deal breaker for me and the one I am getting is an auto. I only ordered a manual because the engines were the same and I could get lower gearing. With the auto I get crawl control and a better sound system. Pros and cons I guess.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Keeping the reservation and will pick up the Tacoma Saturday. I tried ordering one, but I am so paranoid from my first experience ordering a vehicle (I wonder why) that I was worried it wouldn't come and I would miss out on Lunar Rock.

When I placed my order it was for a manual, but transmission wasn't a deal breaker for me and the one I am getting is an auto. I only ordered a manual because the engines were the same and I could get lower gearing. With the auto I get crawl control and a better sound system. Pros and cons I guess.
well you’re still in the game and with a new toy…yay!

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won't keep the Taco forever. You'll have another shot at a Bronco in a few years. Kinks worked out. Readily available. Likely below MSRP. Maybe even buy used and let one of us eat the depreciation.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a fellow taco owner , it’s a great truck. By the way lunar rock is a fantastic color
My wife has a RAV4 in this color and she gets a ton of compliments... it’s Toyota version of cactus grey...

congrats on the buy

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I considered a Ranger Tremor in Cactus Gray! But I couldn't find one on a lot, they don't hold value like the Tacomas, and I didn't want to get a new Ranger that still has sync 3. Sure the Tacoma has ridiculously dated tech, but that's a Toyota thing I don't see changing soon and I don't think I will get worked up when the new models roll off the line because of it.
haha one of the reasons I'm waiting for MY22 is to see if they use Sync4 in it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model