Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I placed my reservation in July 2020, I didn't need another vehicle. Our household had four vehicles for two drivers. I had always been a fan of the Bronco II and manual trans so the new bronco with manual trans was the first new car in a long time that intrigued me.

It is almost a year and a half later and we are down to two vehicles. I've also since driven the new Bronco off road (Off Roadeo) and on road in test drives. So doubts I had about the new Boncos or fears of some feature/function that might be a deal breaker are gone. I want one, but still am waiting.

The problem is just not two vehicles and two drivers. Much of the time I've been out of state so we are actually two single vehicle households that can't rely on each other for transport if one vehicle has an issue and needs work. This has happened a couple times in the past 17 months. One is a 99 Ranger with just over 200K miles and the other a highly modified [not off road related] 02 Explorer with over 350K miles that seats only one person and only gets 14 mpg highway (compared to 19-20 before mods). The latter is effectively my daily driver right now. I've had to take this vehicle on four 3,500 mile road trips this year.

So really can use that Bronco I reserved, converted to an order last January and then converted to 22 in October. Could use it any day now but no sign if scheduling. Even when I get it, it will only be partial relief as I am the only one who can drive a manual trans. Given lead times I've put in a second order, for a base with automatic transmission with a different dealer so my eggs aren't all in one basket. I like the idea of multiple similar vehicles although if I already had one Bronco I might have ordered a Ranger instead. Both Broncos are 2-door however which seems constrained. I wouldn't be surprised if the new order gets built first.

I know there are other things I can do to alleviate the situation. Get something else new (really don't want till I get a Bronco!). I normally would get some moderately high mile used vehicle, but these prices seem stupid, and I don't have time right now to deal with whatever problems motivated the person to sell such used vehicle.

Impatiently waiting for my Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep 100's of people in your same boat. I know 2 people personally waiting on new vehicles not even broncos. They are driving cars that are held together with duck tape and bubble gum. And you are correct new and used car prices are crazy. Just recent traded a 2018 Yukon for a expedition they gave me 2000 more than a paid for it a year prior.

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I placed my reservation in July 2020, I didn't need another vehicle. Our household had four vehicles for two drivers. I had always been a fan of the Bronco II and manual trans so the new bronco with manual trans was the first new car in a long time that intrigued me.

It is almost a year and a half later and we are down to two vehicles. I've also since driven the new Bronco off road (Off Roadeo) and on road in test drives. So doubts I had about the new Boncos or fears of some feature/function that might be a deal breaker are gone. I want one, but still am waiting.

The problem is just not two vehicles and two drivers. Much of the time I've been out of state so we are actually two single vehicle households that can't rely on each other for transport if one vehicle has an issue and needs work. This has happened a couple times in the past 17 months. One is a 99 Ranger with just over 200K miles and the other a highly modified 02 Explorer with over 350K miles that seats only one person and only gets 14 mpg highway (compared to 19-20 before mods). The latter is effectively my daily driver right now. I've had to take this vehicle on four 3,500 mile road trips this year.

So really can use that Bronco I reserved, converted to an order last January and then converted to 22 in October. Could use it any day now but no sign if scheduling. Even when I get it, it will only be partial relief as I am the only one who can drive a manual trans. Given lead times I've put in a second order, for a base with automatic transmission with a different dealer so my eggs aren't all in one basket. I like the idea of multiple similar vehicles although if I already had one Bronco I might have ordered a Ranger instead. Both Broncos are 2-door however which seems constrained. I wouldn't be surprised if the new order gets built first.

I know there are other things I can do to alleviate the situation. Get something else new (really don't want till I get a Bronco!). I normally would get some moderately high mile used vehicle, but these prices seem stupid, and I don't have time right now to deal with whatever problems motivated the person to sell such used vehicle.

Impatiently waiting for my Bronco.
As of the end of January they will be releasing all dealer demo Broncos for sell, that could be an option.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
As of the end of January they will be releasing all dealer demo Broncos for sell, that could be an option.
I expect they will be a premium. I know they are spoken for already at the dealers I have orders with.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every time I see a thread like this it just burns me up that we have folks that didn't even bother to reserve already getting built while many of us are at 530+ days of waiting. Absolute insanity.
I know. One reason I expect the order put in Nov 22 to get built before the original reservation. In a way I can use this second order better since it has an auto trans and both of us can drive it.

Johare11

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Plymouth Sport Satellite
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel your pain. I hope we hear about scheduling in two weeks.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can't just drop this bomb without a picture.
Sorry Dick, the mods aren't off road related so didn't think very related. They are in the area of communications with equipment filling the interior and mounted to the exterior. I am a bit reluctant to post a photo as it is a well-known vehicle in some circles. I'll PM a couple photos.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I expect they will be a premium. I know they are spoken for already at the dealers I have orders with.
Keep an eye out at other dealers, I have faith you'll find one, our dealer in PA isn't marking them up. I would be calling everyone in the area and offer a deposit on the demo.

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know. One reason I expect the order put in Nov 22 to get built before the original reservation. In a way I can use this second order better since it has an auto trans and both of us can drive it.
You could teach your partner to drive the manual. Not difficult and give you an excuse to spend time together while you practice deep breathing.
Sponsored