Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No 2.7 on the Big Bend. And the ā€˜24 BB, BD and OBX only have advanced 4x4 with Sasquatch package.
That's one reason I went with the standard Badlands on 33's. I felt the Squatch might be too soft for optimal towing, but the Badlands still packed all the other goodies (advanced/lockers).

Even with the 4 banger, the Bronco pulled the boat better than my Dad's 1/2 ton chebby truck. It just has better power delivery, so a 2.7 will be even better.

Handling-wise, the truck just slightly edged out the Bronco, but that stands to reason given the weight and length of a crew cab truck, but even considering that ... it just barely edges out the Bronco.

Given the choice, I'll take the Badlands over the truck even for long hauls. It was very stable, but the way it delivered the power made it much easier to drive.
I believe you'll be pleased.
I'm really interested in those helper springs you mentioned, just to get the squat out. Not that it really needs them, but I'm sure they wouldn't hurt.

We drug the boat across the scales as we were leaving on a trip, so all gear loaded, fuel, etc etc .... 3000 lbs.

(LOL, just noticed, this was still the 2" drop hitch.... Spare is in the cargo area)

Ford Bronco I need help! Before I buy tomorrow. 1709870674640

Ford Bronco I need help! Before I buy tomorrow. 1709870963876

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No 2.7 on the Big Bend. And the ā€˜24 BB, BD and OBX only have advanced 4x4 with Sasquatch package.
Right but the 2.3 and 2.7 have exact same tow rating and the OP already said he doesnā€™t really have a use case for all the off-road extras anyways. My point is neither vehicle sounds like the best fit given he could save $10k, get a newer model year, and still meet his needs.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I feel stuck.
iā€™ve been wanting a bronco since launch. Had a deposit down but pulled back after the wait time and everything else.
Iā€™m in a position to buy again. I live in Wisconsin, I plan to do basically zero off roading other than some forest roads and low maintenance dirt roads. I do plan to get Sumo Springs right away as I do plan to tow our pop up that is 2800 lbs dry and will be close to 3300 loaded.
My original plan was to get a 2023 OBx, lux, tow, hard top, for $2000 under MSRP.
That was the plan till a certified 2022 Wildtrak came up for sale. Lux, hardtop, tow, etc all the ā€œneedsā€ and the OBX is the more practical option for my needs, but ainfeel the Wildtrak is speaking to my soul haha

i need some advice!!!

edit. New obx is $2000 under MSRP so $57,500
The Wildtrak, 12,000 miles certified is $56,500

edit: oBX is non-sas 2.7
wild is better

TailChaser

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I feel stuck.
iā€™ve been wanting a bronco since launch. Had a deposit down but pulled back after the wait time and everything else.
Iā€™m in a position to buy again. I live in Wisconsin, I plan to do basically zero off roading other than some forest roads and low maintenance dirt roads. I do plan to get Sumo Springs right away as I do plan to tow our pop up that is 2800 lbs dry and will be close to 3300 loaded.
My original plan was to get a 2023 OBx, lux, tow, hard top, for $2000 under MSRP.
That was the plan till a certified 2022 Wildtrak came up for sale. Lux, hardtop, tow, etc all the ā€œneedsā€ and the OBX is the more practical option for my needs, but ainfeel the Wildtrak is speaking to my soul haha

i need some advice!!!

edit. New obx is $2000 under MSRP so $57,500
The Wildtrak, 12,000 miles certified is $56,500

edit: oBX is non-sas 2.7
get the Sas. So your gears and speedo etc are right from factory. I gave more than that for OBX version, it was all that was available when I needed it. 2.7L, lux, no tow. Was pushing 70k with tax at retail.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Consider the possibility that you might expand your vehicle use to more challenging back roads and trails. Bronco use is addictive, and you may find that your need a more powerful "fix." That possibility would favor the Wildtrak.
Sponsored