Sponsored

I think I found the perfect retro wheels for the Bronco!

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They work on an EB. On a 6 gen not so much. Just my opinion.

I can get behind something like these for a classic look. Just not steelies with half moons.

1643474849881.png

1643474913079.png

1643474966968.png
I agree :cool: I do still like the steelie's though.
Ford Bronco I think I found the perfect retro wheels for the Bronco! IMG_6393
Sponsored

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cut the tabs off and used some double sided gorilla tape. A little bit of heat and they are on there.
Awesome. Thanks. Looks like I've got another project.

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No problem. I am happy too. Info just in case someone hasnā€™t seen them before.
wheelsmith.net
17x8 30mm offset
Interceptor center cap.
custom vinyl graphics.

Absolutely beautiful styling IMO! What a great looking wheel. šŸŽā¤āš”āš”šŸ¤™

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is funny how everyone thinks of retro or vintage as something different. I guess I am just older then most. I donā€™t think of a mid 80ties EB as vintage or classic. For me the 66-77 is vintage. But that is because I have only owned those. But I can see how others would see those as vintage. šŸ˜

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is funny how everyone thinks of retro or vintage as something different. I guess I am just older then most. I donā€™t think of a mid 80ties EB as vintage or classic. For me the 66-77 is vintage. But that is because I have only owned those. But I can see how others would see those as vintage. šŸ˜
By definition (and insurance purposes) classic is anything older than 20 years but not older than 40 years. So technically a 2001 Mustang is considered a classic now. Retro is more of a style. And vintage is just flat out old. Like from the 40s. LOL

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree :cool: I do still like the steelie's though.
Are those the American Racing Outlaw IIā€™s? I bought those and theyā€™re sitting in my garage waiting on my rig to show up. Just trying to confirm they actually fit as the website specs show a bore size that is too small.

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are those the American Racing Outlaw IIā€™s? I bought those and theyā€™re sitting in my garage waiting on my rig to show up. Just trying to confirm they actually fit as the website specs show a bore size that is too small.
They are Outlaw II's. American racing makes many different sizes with all different specs so you have to make sure you get the correct ones. They seem to change with the offset quite drastically. Mine are 17x8 with the +18 offset, 108 bore size and 5.21 BS.

The +18 offset has a 108mm bore so using the correct lug nuts will negate the need for hub centric rings (any aftermarket wheels that have a center cap that goes from the back will not let you use hub rings anyway).

The +30mm offset wheels have a hub bore of 73.1mm I think so they will be too small to fit over the OEM hubs (which are 93 or 96mm, I can't remember which).

Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 6G may be retro but it's not a 1G no matter how much kitsch you slap on it. This needs to stop.
Nonsense. The 1G drivetrain was great (I owned several). It handled great on and offroad. Durable and tough.

But it was a rustbucket. Rear quarters, tailgate ,windshield and door posts were garbage.

It's a miracle any have survived!

We've been waiting for this for 40 years....

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are Outlaw II's. American racing makes many different sizes with all different specs so you have to make sure you get the correct ones. They seem to change with the offset quite drastically. Mine are 17x8 with the +18 offset, 108 bore size and 5.21 BS.

The +18 offset has a 108mm bore so using the correct lug nuts will negate the need for hub centric rings (any aftermarket wheels that have a center cap that goes from the back will not let you use hub rings anyway).

The +30mm offset wheels have a hub bore of 73.1mm I think so they will be too small to fit over the OEM hubs (which are 93 or 96mm, I can't remember which).
Yeah, thanks. I donā€™t know how I missed the small bore size on those when I ordered them. I saw the +18s, but with the squared fenders Iā€™m putting on, Iā€™ll need to stick as close to stock offset as possible. Think Iā€™m gonna go with the Method Standard +25s.

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, thanks. I donā€™t know how I missed the small bore size on those when I ordered them. I saw the +18s, but with the squared fenders Iā€™m putting on, Iā€™ll need to stick as close to stock offset as possible. Think Iā€™m gonna go with the Method Standard +25s.
I almost bought the +30's before I realized about the bore size. I was concerned about the poke of the tires with +18's but I think the fact that they are only 8" wheels that kept everything somewhat in check. I have minimal poke with stock flares. With the squared fenders it might be too much though.

Ford Bronco I think I found the perfect retro wheels for the Bronco! IMG_6411

Ford Bronco I think I found the perfect retro wheels for the Bronco! IMG_6412

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend