Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one likes 35/11.50/17 huh?

Nothing wrong with them, they're just one size bigger than I plan to use and there are plenty of choices in my preferred tire size. They would be a fine choice if that's what you want.
Sponsored

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I decided (for now) to go with LT285/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Here's why.

With 34" Hight, you almost get the same look as with the 35's, but I have found them to not be as hard on gas. (I had 33's, 35's and 34's on F150's) And I found the 34's to be the best all rounder. Although I do like the look of a wide tire, I prefer the drive of a skinnier one.

As I live in canada, tall and narrow is better in the snow, and will be good for airing down and giving my a good footprint with great clearance.

Also, I work at a dealership where we lift trucks and experiment with different tire sizes for rubbing/with no lift/etc. I know with most trucks you can go up an inch in size to almost an inch and a half with no rubbing without a lift, as long as you don't go wider.

So, I feel confident that 285/75R17's will fit on a stock Bronco. Worst case scenario I'll need to add 1/4 inch spacers

ridge-side-two.png

Also, going with the Ridge Grappler as it is a Hybrid between a Mud Terrain and an All Terrain. Being in Canada, I should be switching to winter tires in the winter..... but, I think these will do fine if I drive carefully.

Here's the size comparison with a Stock Badlands. (I won't have a problem selling the stock tires) If anyone is in the Maritimes and wants the stock 33 Badland tires PM me and we can work something out.

ridge grappler size.JPG

Last thing. I'm ordering these tires now, so I can pay them off before my bronco arrives. As I will be broke AF once I buy it, lol.
I have these on my F150’s (on 18 inch rims) I like them a lot, the only thing I would be worried about is how rough the ride will be with 10 ply tires
So I decided (for now) to go with LT285/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Here's why.

With 34" Hight, you almost get the same look as with the 35's, but I have found them to not be as hard on gas. (I had 33's, 35's and 34's on F150's) And I found the 34's to be the best all rounder. Although I do like the look of a wide tire, I prefer the drive of a skinnier one.

As I live in canada, tall and narrow is better in the snow, and will be good for airing down and giving my a good footprint with great clearance.

Also, I work at a dealership where we lift trucks and experiment with different tire sizes for rubbing/with no lift/etc. I know with most trucks you can go up an inch in size to almost an inch and a half with no rubbing without a lift, as long as you don't go wider.

So, I feel confident that 285/75R17's will fit on a stock Bronco. Worst case scenario I'll need to add 1/4 inch spacers

ridge-side-two.png

Also, going with the Ridge Grappler as it is a Hybrid between a Mud Terrain and an All Terrain. Being in Canada, I should be switching to winter tires in the winter..... but, I think these will do fine if I drive carefully.

Here's the size comparison with a Stock Badlands. (I won't have a problem selling the stock tires) If anyone is in the Maritimes and wants the stock 33 Badland tires PM me and we can work something out.

ridge grappler size.JPG

Last thing. I'm ordering these tires now, so I can pay them off before my bronco arrives. As I will be broke AF once I buy it, lol.
I have these on my F150’s (on 18 inch rims) I like them a lot, the only thing I would be worried about is how rough the ride will be with 10 ply tires.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, the ride can be stiffer with E rated tires, but when they are properly inflated it's not that big of a deal. Run them at 80psi and expect them to ride like rocks or run them at the proper PSI for your weight and they aren't bad. Certainly no worse than many of these no sidewall having tires many SUVs are currently running on.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BFG makes a KO2 in the 285/75/17 size. Comes in at 33.9. Same width just an inch more diameter. I thing that will optimize the stock BL suspension which from KOH reports is equivalent to SAS.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:
OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up deciding on the new TOYO AT3's . Going to put them on the Black Diamond steelies. I'm thinking they will fit on a stock. Guess I'll find out!

Ford Bronco 34"s the perfect size? 1612535568319

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, the ride can be stiffer with E rated tires, but when they are properly inflated it's not that big of a deal. Run them at 80psi and expect them to ride like rocks or run them at the proper PSI for your weight and they aren't bad. Certainly no worse than many of these no sidewall having tires many SUVs are currently running on.
What rating are the bronco tires coming with?

If replacing, should you stick with the same rating?

What difference will the rating make?

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What rating are the bronco tires coming with?

If replacing, should you stick with the same rating?

What difference will the rating make?
E rating for 10 ply. Won't matter unless you are going offroading. I'm going 10 ply anyway.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah. That's what I'm hoping. Not that replacing the UCA is a big deal, I just don't want to have to do it right off the bat. I'm getting the base suspension in the BD and plan for a Fox lift. I only want around 1.5-2 inches lift over stock. I'm not too worried about rubbing, but really no one knows until someone does it.
Are you hoping Fox comes out with their own lift, or are you going to look at the ford performance 2 inch lift? My plan currently is the exact same one as yours. Watching these ride along videos makes me wonder if our BD with a lift will be at least close to those BL rigs that people have been raving about. I hope so.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
E rating for 10 ply. Won't matter unless you are going offroading. I'm going 10 ply anyway.
so for someone that will offroad occasionally, and won't be anything serious. Just out having some fun, camping, beach, messing around when it snows, etc... What rating would said person (me, lol) want to go with?

if it helps, I'm getting a BD with steelies, and wanted to upgrade to 33's (maybe?), but am still learning all this... appreciate the replies!

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so for someone that will offroad occasionally, and won't be anything serious. Just out having some fun, camping, beach, messing around when it snows, etc... What rating would said person (me, lol) want to go with?

if it helps, I'm getting a BD with steelies, and wanted to upgrade to 33's (maybe?), but am still learning all this... appreciate the replies!
Most tires that look "good" are going to be rated 8 ply and above. And you'd be good with that. You could go for a P rated tire if your not doing anything serious. But they are hard to find.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most tires that look "good" are going to be rated 8 ply and above. And you'd be good with that. You could go for a P rated tire if your not doing anything serious. But they are hard to find.
The Toyo AT3s come in a P285/70r17... they have a shorter tread depth but the manufacturer states the overall measured diameter is the same as the LT285.... it's also worth noting that the P version is listed as being 9lbs lighter.... which is significant.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BFG makes a KO2 in the 285/75/17 size. Comes in at 33.9. Same width just an inch more diameter. I thing that will optimize the stock BL suspension which from KOH reports is equivalent to SAS.
BFG also makes a KO2 in 34 x 10.5. Its "D" rated, 56 lbs, and triple peak snow rated. Actual diameter is 33.5". This seems like a really nice fit for the Bronco, but the prices for them are insanely high. Like $357 high. That's an extra $500 for a set of 5, for all you forum members from Rio Linda. :D
Ford Bronco 34"s the perfect size? 1612541267985
Sponsored