Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4.46 will work great. I honestly had an awesome combo on my tj with 33” & 4.10’s. 4.7 will work great with it as well, you’ll run a little bit higher rpm at highway speed, but with the taller gearing in the overdrive, it’ll negate it from being too much and give you that much more on the low side. I’m looking forward to running the 285/75 w/4.46’s, I think it’s going to be a killer combo.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thinking something similar. If they'll fit, as of now I'll have 295/75/16 Ridge Grapplers. 33.4"x11.6" on 16" wheels.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking something similar. If they'll fit, as of now I'll have 295/75/16 Ridge Grapplers. 33.4"x11.6" on 16" wheels.
Why stepping down to 16’”?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why stepping down to 16’”?
Base comes with 16x7.5" I may need a different offset so I may have to ditch the stock steelies but hopefully someone will blaze the way for me and see if they rub.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base comes with 16x7.5" I may need a different offset so I may have to ditch the stock steelies but hopefully someone will blaze the way for me and see if they rub.
Oh gotcha. I think you’re gonna have some rub on the crash bar and on the inside. Once they have the aftermarket bars available, those should give you front and rear clearance. A 3/4” spring spacer might be enough to clear the inside. Rough country makes them for the JL/JT now, I’m betting on the same once the bronco hits the market. Should be around $200 for everything.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i asked on another thread and one person offered an opinion, but would like to hear from as many as possible on this question - what would be the best gearing for the 285/75/17? in other words, for best performance would one need to go with the 4.7 (meaning squatch, then downsize)?

Best is subjective. If you spend most of your time off road, then low as possible. I'd prefer to have 4.88s with the 285/75s. If you spend most of your time on the freeway, whatever it has will probably be fine.

Right now my choice between that size is either Cooper AT3 or Toyo ATIII. I'm getting a BD with 4.46 and will make do with gears until I upgrade the front axle.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh gotcha. I think you’re gonna have some rub on the crash bar and on the inside. Once they have the aftermarket bars available, those should give you front and rear clearance. A 3/4” spring spacer might be enough to clear the inside. Rough country makes them for the JL/JT now, I’m betting on the same once the bronco hits the market. Should be around $200 for everything.
Why would the crash bars rub? I thought they were plenty far away from even Sasquatch wheels. Maybe I'm not understanding you though. I do think it may rub on the inside though. Does anyone know if all the trims have the same wheel well dimensions? I don't see why they'd be different but assuming things rarely works out. If so, then they'd just be a hair wider (10 mm) and 0.7" taller than the standard Badlands tire (285/70/17), which makes me think mine would be fine. That's what, a whopping 5mm wider for the inside and 0.35" taller on the top side. SEEMS negligible.

I've never used a spring spacer but that does seem to be practical and safe change if it comes to that. Good idea.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I go without SAS this is what I am headed towards as well. I think the new Toyos look great and they have a 50k or 60k warranty in the 285/75 size. I think the intrusion bars will have to be changed.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I go without SAS this is what I am headed towards as well. I think the new Toyos look great and they have a 50k or 60k warranty in the 285/75 size. I think the intrusion bars will have to be changed.

Don't know if the bars will need changed or not. Some say the squatch has them and some say it doesn't. The 35s can stuff as it is, so maybe there is room.

The Toyos are definitely high on my list with the snowflake rating. Also made in the USA.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that the 285/75 is taller with the same width, hopefully minimizing any rubbing issues.
I am a novice what do I know.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't know if the bars will need changed or not. Some say the squatch has them and some say it doesn't. The 35s can stuff as it is, so maybe there is room.

The Toyos are definitely high on my list with the snowflake rating. Also made in the USA.
Minor note, the 35's are really about 34.4". 315/70/17.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Minor note, the 35's are really about 34.4". 315/70/17.

Yeah, which is still bigger than what we are talking about, so if they stuff, the smaller tire will too.

I'm planning to lift mine anyway, but think the only issue with clearance is the UCA and not the wheel well.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, which is still bigger than what we are talking about, so if they stuff, the smaller tire will too.

I'm planning to lift mine anyway, but think the only issue with clearance is the UCA and not the wheel well.
@LEGEND said he wants to do 285/75s as well. He crawled under to see if the UCA would rub and he thought there was plenty of room....here’s hoping.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@LEGEND said he wants to do 285/75s as well. He crawled under to see if the UCA would rub and he thought there was plenty of room....here’s hoping.

Yeah. That's what I'm hoping. Not that replacing the UCA is a big deal, I just don't want to have to do it right off the bat. I'm getting the base suspension in the BD and plan for a Fox lift. I only want around 1.5-2 inches lift over stock. I'm not too worried about rubbing, but really no one knows until someone does it.