Sponsored

If Broncos Are Like Lego Sets... What Is Yours?

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Broncos are like Lego Sets...

The First Edition and other high end trims are like the super complex city buildings or Star Wars sets that are made in exactly one way and are not torn apart and built into something else. They are basically art pieces, no doubt, but the work is all done once you get it and finish it the first time.

The Base on the other hand is like the giant tub of Legos with no/lost instructions that I had as a kid in which I just used my imagination to make things with, then tore apart and then rebuilt into something else. Over time, I would just get another set, make it... get bored and then dump all of the pieces into the big tub.

If you got the Base and budgeted an additional $15K, you could do all kinds of things over time to make your Lego set really customized with your imagination and rebuilt different ways for different seasons/use cases if you want.

Bottom Line:
I am getting the base 2 Door with nothing on it. I will then get bigger tires a few months later and then keep adding from there. Also, anticipation for the "next thing" is a big motivator for me.

How about you, which Lego set are you getting?
...And what do you think of the Lego metaphor?
Sponsored

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my group of friends we usually gather at one person's house most often. He has a couple of the Star Wars Lego sets on display. My one buddy brings his 4 year old who desperately wants to play with the Lego but he's not allowed. They are for show only in that house. These are the mall-crawler Broncos.

When we hang out at my place, I have a few of the vehicle Lego sets, VW Bus, VW Beetle, Defender, Technic crane. So, relatively expensive as well. The four year old can definitely play with mine. They have wheels, accessories, actionable parts. They're made to be played with. Worse case scenario....he breaks them and I put them back together. This is my Badlands/Black Diamond.

Edit:

I hope there is an acutal decent Bronco Lego set in the future.

OP
OP
bobbleheadguru

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my group of friends we usually gather at one person's house most often. He has a couple of the Star Wars Lego sets on display. My one buddy brings his 4 year old who desperately wants to play with the Lego but he's not allowed. They are for show only in that house. These are the mall-crawler Broncos.

When we hang out at my place, I have a few of the vehicle Lego sets, VW Bus, VW Beetle, Defender, Technic crane. So, relatively expensive as well. The four year old can definitely play with mine. They have wheels, accessories, actionable parts. They're made to be played with. Worse case scenario....he breaks them and I put them back together. This is my Badlands/Black Diamond.

Edit:

I hope there is an acutal decent Bronco Lego set in the future.
Awesome stuff! reminds me of the lego movie I suppose.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So mine is the Badlands. Iā€™m probably going to get the swankier stuff in mine, but the intent is to use it as intended.

For my lego sets, I have a couple of the architecture but we donā€™t do many of the static displays like that. Christmas village is built as the model and there are buckets of what were sets kicking around for random builds. Hoth goes nicely with the xmas village in my opinion. But ours are always the ones that are meant for the minifigs, not the stare at a distance model. Kind of in-between like a repairable doll house. If I make a creation to go with a set itā€™s a mix and match. There was a holiday train that was static and I took apart the commuter train to make it work with the village and the lego train tracks.

I also have an ARB catalog open in the next tab and Iā€™m likely to go buck wild on it. Iā€™m eyeing a different bumper and lightbar config.
Sponsored