Sponsored

I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride.

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

U got a good deal,truck will last a long time.
Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spot on. People buying Jeeps instead of a Bronco I can understand but anything else...you framed it perfectly they were romanticizing about a Bronco.
You do realize that the vast majority of Jeeps never go off road right? The bronco will be no different. I live on the east coast so my bronco wasn't going to do a massive amount of hardcore off roading. My problem is that when you option out any Bronco to any decent level you over $50K at which point you're at the Land Rover Defender territory and a LOT of other vehicles provide better value for money. If it wasn't for TFL's horrible experience with the Defender I would have probably dropped my Bronco reservation after they postponed on us the first time and screwed us because the Defender can basically go anywhere on the east coast and is guaranteed to be a far better daily driver than the Bronco. I will say that Ford is on their last chance with me. If I can't put in my order by the middle of January I'm going to move on.

My current list of vehicles I'll consider:
1) Bronco (but not thrilled with how we've been treated and it's a first year vehicle from ford so reliability is likely to be shit)
2) Toyota Tacoma or 4runner (amazing long term but behind the ball on technology)
3) Land Rover Defender (fantastic interior and technology, but Land Rover always has low reliability and the TFL experience scares me)
4) Kia Telluride (great value proposition and it has a 10 year warranty, but not really an offroader)
5) Rav4 Prime (not an offroader and almost impossible to buy, but 0-60 in 5.7 seconds in an SUV)

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not wasting my time reading this whole damn thread. But, this guy sums it up perfectly.
It is odd seeing people say, "Guys I'm cancelling my reservation! Ford shouldn't have raised the price $1.5k I can't justify $50k now, but $48.5k was totally fine before! So instead I bought a used, unrelated vehicle for 60% of the cost of the cheapest Bronco. I don't buy first model year vehicles anyway."

1. If you don't buy first model year vehicles, why did you make a reservation? These things are not congruent.
  2. If you bought something @ $25k instead, were you ever serious about buying even a stripped base Bronco @$40k?
It's akin to the people that say "I'm quitting Facebook and here's why!" AKA "I want you to look at me and feel kind of bad for me!" I mean enough people do it that it's not a total surprise when it does happen; I just don't get it personally.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice ride. I bought my 2014 Titan the first year it launched and i still have it. 220,000. K and it still runs like a charm. Great ride,lots of power and 5.6 litre that won’t let you down. Enjoy the new beast.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is odd seeing people say, "Guys I'm cancelling my reservation! Ford shouldn't have raised the price $1.5k I can't justify $50k now, but $48.5k was totally fine before! So instead I bought a used, unrelated vehicle for 60% of the cost of the cheapest Bronco. I don't buy first model year vehicles anyway."

1. If you don't buy first model year vehicles, why did you make a reservation? These things are not congruent.
  2. If you bought something @ $25k instead, were you ever serious about buying even a stripped base Bronco @$40k?
It's akin to the people that say "I'm quitting Facebook and here's why!" AKA "I want you to look at me and feel kind of bad for me!" I mean enough people do it that it's not a total surprise when it does happen; I just don't get it personally.
Literally no one said any of that in this thread.

If you personally don't get it go up to my last post.... You too can choose the "ignore" option for this part of the forum.

People change their minds ane change priorities. If you can't understand that then that's on you.

Your post sounds more "I want you to look at me and feel kind of bad for me!" than the OP's.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Christ this thread makes me not want to buy a Bronco just on the off chance someone sees me driving it and associates my behavior with some of the ABSURD takes on this site.

I’m just as tired as some of you of seeing the “I canceled my res and bought a 1987 Buick LeSabre coupe instead” threads. I think they’re useless and almost always have an undertone of “I’m more intelligent than you idiots because I bought something that I think is better”.

HOWEVER, why the need to jump down the guy’s throat about it? He’s excited about a new truck that he purchased and wants to rub it in a little. Who cares? Now OP is stuck defending himself against a ragged mob of internet children that just can’t accept that someone has a different outlook on things.

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Similarly to other complaints in the group, I"ve turned my down payment into a different vehicle. I couldn't justify spending 50k before tt&l. I'll look at a used black diamond in the future but I picked up a 2017 Titan with 22months/60k miles left on it's factory warranty for ~25k less than a bronco.
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. 1FABE092-C633-4E46-8087-4771D3F4FDAD
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. 1FABE092-C633-4E46-8087-4771D3F4FDAD
Good looking rig. Congrats! If prices for used trucks hold up like they have in the last few years, it won't owe you anything when you move on...

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Christ this thread makes me not want to buy a Bronco just on the off chance someone sees me driving it and associates my behavior with some of the ABSURD takes on this site.

I’m just as tired as some of you of seeing the “I canceled my res and bought a 1987 Buick LeSabre coupe instead” threads. I think they’re useless and almost always have an undertone of “I’m more intelligent than you idiots because I bought something that I think is better”.

HOWEVER, why the need to jump down the guy’s throat about it? He’s excited about a new truck that he purchased and wants to rub it in a little. Who cares? Now OP is stuck defending himself against a ragged mob of internet children that just can’t accept that someone has a different outlook on things.
Now I really want an '87 Buick LeSabre !!!:LOL:

Sponsored

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you take the doors and top off of that thing????

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just as easy as you can put a V8 in the bronco!
I guarantee someone has a V8 in that Bronco before the end of 2021.

Get your sawzall ready.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@92EddieBauer, I get it Jordan. I've been all over the place trying to make that final decision. As of now it's on for the Bronco. I bought a '19 Jeep JLU Sahara last year because of the long wait for the Bronco. My problem now is that I really do like the Wrangler, and haven't had any problems so far. But, then I probably have 18 months before I'll even get the Bronco, and the question is will I still enjoy the Jeep. Or, will I be ready for the Bronco. The time restrictions/questions are the things that have me in a quandary.

Anyway, enjoy that Titan. It's a beauty for sure.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love this post. Glad someone else agrees. I want threads about the Bronco. What's new, how can we customize it, how are people gonna use it, where are the best places to get accessories...

Tired of seeing people complain and dropping out and announcing their new truck because they dont want to wait. Happy that you are happy guys but dont care. This is a Bronco forum so stop posting stuff that aint about getting, using, and keeping a new bronco! got to facebook or IG if you are looking to share that other stuff.
Getting pigeon-holed into talking about one thing only is how people become blood thirsty fan boys that everyone else finds incredibly irritating. It's ok to read perspectives that differ from your own.

All the people canceling only helps those that are not. The list gets shorter and it sends a message to Ford that people are tired of their shit.
Sponsored

Last edited: