First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Defenders really are very impressive. I've driven a few. I'm not too concerned with reliability...the Defenders from what I've read have been pretty good thus far and I'll get rid of it once the warranty is up. Only bug, they are pricey.

If you start pricing out something like what a Bronco Raptor would cost, you start to get very close to a Defender (assuming a Raptor is probably going to be 75-80k after dealer mark-up). After driving a Jeep for many years I'm kind of tired of the leaky roots and road noise.
FWIW, we’ve put 57,000 miles on our 2018 Range Rover diesel and other than occasionally(once every couple months) having trouble with a frozen display when trying to use Apple CarPlay, we’ve had zero issues. Once you put it in park and restart the CarPlay issue goes away. Just routine maintenance so far and new tires at 48,000 miles. We haven’t had it into the dealer since 32,000 miles and they tell us a software update will fix the CarPlay issue so I’ll do that next month when it goes in for a 60k service.

If my Bronco doesn’t show up by July, I may place an order a Defender.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My original reservation - July 14th, 9AM. I then made another because I thought there was an error - July 17th. I went to the dealer and they told me they converted my July 14th. I find out today they converted the wrong time stamp. They said there is nothing they can do, Ford customer service - nothing they can do.

I'm done.

This whole experience has been such a joke. Laughable how near impossible it has been to give a company $60K+. Communication from Ford - to me - to the dealer. I feel so mislead. So much time wasted.

A month ago I put a Defender order through. Last week I got a call that my Defender order has been scheduled, Jan 14th. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

As this stage, Ford doesn't deserve my business - no matter how wonderful the Bronco is. I'm sure it's wonderful. But what a bothced launch. Out of morbid curiosity, I'm going to leave my order and see just how long it takes Ford to figure all this out. Thank god I have another vehicle on the way...
I'd wait til hell froze over for my Bronco... 🤷🏻
Let me know if you ever get stuck in your Defender 👍🏻

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Dealer were you working with in Van?

I still have mine on order. Supposed to be built Nov 1st.

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd wait til hell froze over for my Bronco... 🤷🏻
Let me know if you ever get stuck in your Defender 👍🏻
I'll joyfully be getting stuck in my Defender while you still wait for you Bronco. Let me know when your roof start leaking :)

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Dealer were you working with in Van?

I still have mine on order. Supposed to be built Nov 1st.
Coastal Ford. I'm number 9 in terms of priority. I'll wait and see what happens come October 28th - but I'm not holding my breath. I'm 98% committed to my Defender now.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coastal Ford. I'm number 9 in terms of priority. I'll wait and see what happens come October 28th - but I'm not holding my breath. I'm 98% committed to my Defender now.
I'm getting mine at Brown Bros, although I have another one reserved at Coastal that I haven't converted yet.

Have you seen the video of the side by side test of the Defender and the Bronco?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll joyfully be getting stuck in my Defender while you still wait for you Bronco. Let me know when your roof start leaking :)
Let me know when everything starts malfunctioning on the Defender...
Owned Range Rovers before. Hope you're only leasing it and giving it back in 2 years 🤫

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me know when everything starts malfunctioning on the Defender...
Owned Range Rovers before. Hope you're only leasing it and giving it back in 2 years 🤫
I'd ask the same - if you ever get your Bronco. Ford isn't known for their quality and reliability either. Potentially poor reliability was a reality I accepted whether I went with Ford or Land Rover. And one you'll likely need to accept, too.

Of course I'm leasing it. Would never make the mistake of "owning" a luxury vehicle. Most are junk after the warranty expires. 2-4 years from now, I envision I'll be in an electric.

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting mine at Brown Bros, although I have another one reserved at Coastal that I haven't converted yet.

Have you seen the video of the side by side test of the Defender and the Bronco?
I did see it, yes.

This is all just turned into too much of a hassle for a friggin car. A car that comes half painted for that matter. The Defender and the Bronco are really way more vehicle than most of us will ever utilize.

I spoke to another dealer today to see if they could help. If they could advise me on of how to escalate. Their advice - hit up Twitter. THIS alone has completely turned me off from giving my hard earned money to Ford. It's wild to me how disjointed this whole dealer>Ford relationship is. Makes me think - what happens if something happens down the road? Forget it.

I hope you all get to enjoy your Broncos, whenever you get them. I need a car, not an aggravation.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
save money for maintenance. Defender is a piece of garbage.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
save money for maintenance. Defender is a piece of garbage.
And the Bronco and it's paper mache top is a build quality darling? I could careless. It's under warranty.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So will you. If you ever even get your Bronco..with whatever experimental version of the top.
A receding top won't leave me broke down, lol. Good luck.
Sponsored