Sponsored

I'm getting 2 Broncos built at the same time (one was a backup), what to do?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wish I could afford both!
Whichever comes first, buy it, and then sell to Carvana (or someone you know) only after the other one shows up. A lot could happen that cause one of them to not show up.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder how many people took a spot away from someone else on the production line doing this
šŸ¤·šŸ»
My thought exactly.
There are so many things Ford could have done more fairly.

They could have allowed only one reservation per person, or once it was obvious that a ton of us aren't going to see our Broncos until at least 2023 or later, they could have built and sold only one Bronco per person.

I'm not mad at people who had two reservations, but I'm mad at Ford for allowing it and making a whole lot of people wait years for the Bronco we "reserved" in 2020 while they build two Broncos for what seems to be a lot of people.šŸ˜„

SPK4102

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You could lease one of them to help with your monthly payment if thatā€™s a concern.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I made an order back in Dec as a backup which went well since I was notified a month ago that I had a VIN and a 3/28 build date. Great! I found out today that my original order is also scheduled for production in the same week. (It was supposed to be canceled but it never happened according to my dealer and he asked if I still wanted it).

So now I'm not quite sure I know what to do. I guess I could just let one of them go and let the dealer have it along with their ADM. I would much rather it go to an original reso holder but now sure how I would facilitate that. I could also buy both with the intent of selling one but there is no way I could finance both.

I realize I may get some hate on here for getting 2 builds before many are still waiting for over a year. I get that but I thought I canceled the first order.

They both have the same builds just different colors (HPR & Cactus Gray).

OBX - 4 door - Sasquatch - MIC - High package - 2.3 - Navy Pier Cloth - Aux Switches

1646441553442.png
ill take the HPR

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just noticing that the OP is in a really pretty area of Pennsylvania. Do you get a decent amount of tourism? What about buying both and renting one on TURO? You will likely earn enough to pay for the extra, and maybe earn some towards the original! I've rented many Jeeps on TURO and have had wonderful experiences.

Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trade the first one in when the second arrives.

I also had two reservations, built and shipped within two months of each other (one MY21 in Dec and. a MY22 in Jan).
The dealer offered to buy the MY21 back at 5k over what I paid for it.
One thing to note is that by trading in the MY21, I did not owe any tax on the MY22 as the trade in value was now more than the selling price on the MY22 and you donā€™t pay sales tax on trade in value.. This had a net effect of adding another $4k or so. So, in the end, the dealer effectively gave me $9k over MSRP for the MY21.

This was a lot easier and less stress than trying to sell on private market.

Last edited:
OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm just noticing that the OP is in a really pretty area of Pennsylvania. Do you get a decent amount of tourism? What about buying both and renting one on TURO? You will likely earn enough to pay for the extra, and maybe earn some towards the original! I've rented many Jeeps on TURO and have had wonderful experiences.
It is beautiful around here. But for some reason, the closest trail is an hour away.

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I also had two reservations, built and shipped within two months of each other (one MY21 in Dec and. a MY22 in Jan).
One thing to note is that by trading in the MY21, I did not owe any tax on the MY22 as the trade in value was now more than the selling price on the MY22 and you donā€™t pay sales tax on trade in value.. This had a net effect of adding another $4k or so. So, in the end, the dealer effectively gave my $9k for the MY21.

This.
If they arrive within a few weeks of each other another option is to finance the first through Ford and the second through a different lender. It takes some time for the first one to show up on your credit to affect dti ratio. Iā€™ve done this several times in my younger years. You donā€™t give any information on car loan app stating all of your other monthly bills so if it doesnā€™t show yet your approval odds would be the same as when you apply for the first one.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to note is that by trading in the MY21, I did not owe any tax on the MY22 as the trade in value was now more than the selling price on the MY22 and you donā€™t pay sales tax on trade in value.. This had a net effect of adding another $4k or so. So, in the end, the dealer effectively gave my $9k for the MY21.

This is a great idea,

OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing to note is that by trading in the MY21, I did not owe any tax on the MY22 as the trade in value was now more than the selling price on the MY22 and you donā€™t pay sales tax on trade in value.. This had a net effect of adding another $4k or so. So, in the end, the dealer effectively gave me $9k over MSRP for the MY21.

This may be the route I go with. Although I wouldn't count the 4K tax waiver as a credit. In the end, in your scenario, I'm still netting 5K. I also has someone offer me a zelle cash payment for the one. So I may do that as well.

Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be the route I go with. Although I wouldn't count the 4K tax waiver as a credit. In the end, in your scenario, I'm still netting 5K. I also has someone offer me a zelle cash payment for the one. So I may do that as well.
Letā€™s say you sold your vehicle to a private party for the same value the dealer would have given you as a trade. When you buy your second vehicle from the dealer, youā€™re going to now pay sales tax. So the trade-in route is real savings. it comes down to how much more you can net from a private party sell vs what the dealer offers. In my case the private party would need to offer an additional 4K above the dealers offer, to break even on the sales tax.

Be careful out there ; Iā€™d say 9 out of 10 calls I got on autotrader were crooks. So many scams out there.

vrycooldad

Badlands
First Name
Bucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m in the same boat (they should be about a month apart). Iā€™m probably going to go thru the hassle of a private sale so the dealer doesnā€™t gas someone up even more than what they give me, but Iā€™d be real interested to hear if you go the carvana, etc route.

Garyganew

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We are kind of in the same boat. Dealer is a friend of my wife's. He knew we were looking for a new vehicle, called us and said a Bronco just showed up two hours ago on their lot. We drove there that night (October 6th) ended up putting down a deposit, he said the contract with Ford stated they couldn't sell until January 31st. Then in November he told us we could "order" a Bronco exactly the way we want it then buy whichever one comes available first. Well we All know how fast they have been filling orders, so come January 31st we bought the CG BB off the lot for 5k over. Well Naturally with our luck a week later we get a VIN, and today we checked and now have a Window sticker. Sounds like a dream come true, Right, you don't know my Wife. We ordered a Black Black Diamond SAS, she is in love with CG and hates the Black, No separation from roof. Ford/Dealer would not let us change the color. Perfect scenario would have been letting us change the color, the Wife is happy with color, I am happy with build.

Could just eat the 5k over we spent on the BB and let the Dealership have my built BD SAS.

Buy the BD SAS and sell whichever one we don't want as a private sale, not to excited about that, I am not a salesman.

Buy the BD SAS, trade in CG BB (along with wife, JK, Not really an option)

Hope the dealer would offer us our 5k back to turn over the BD SAS, then reorder a 2023 BD SAS in Cactus Gray

After typing this all out, I realized how petty it is to have First World problems.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This sounds like the best solution to me. You really canā€™t go wrong here. Worst case scenario, you end up keeping the first and walking away from the second. Best case scenario, you knock 5-10k off the price of the second without having to qualify for two loans.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder how many people took a spot away from someone else on the production line doing this
šŸ¤·šŸ»
That's a reason the Bronco scene is such a turn-off now. The ADMs on the dealer side, and on customer side people playing gatekeeper with Broncos and other stuff. At this point it's a drag that any of these people on either side are involved and monkeying with who does or doesn't get a Bronco.
Sponsored