Sponsored

I'm getting 2 Broncos built at the same time (one was a backup), what to do?

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I made an order back in Dec as a backup which went well since I was notified a month ago that I had a VIN and a 3/28 build date. Great! I found out today that my original order is also scheduled for production in the same week. (It was supposed to be canceled but it never happened according to my dealer and he asked if I still wanted it).

So now I'm not quite sure I know what to do. I guess I could just let one of them go and let the dealer have it along with their ADM. I would much rather it go to an original reso holder but now sure how I would facilitate that. I could also buy both with the intent of selling one but there is no way I could finance both.

I realize I may get some hate on here for getting 2 builds before many are still waiting for over a year. I get that but I thought I canceled the first order.

They both have the same builds just different colors (HPR & Cactus Gray).

OBX - 4 door - Sasquatch - MIC - High package - 2.3 - Navy Pier Cloth - Aux Switches

Ford Bronco I'm getting 2 Broncos built at the same time (one was a backup), what to do? 1646441553442
Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Donā€™t walk away from either until youā€™ve got the purchase order from at least one of them that theyā€™ll sell it at msrp (or whatever they had ever stated in the past). At least then youā€™re protected.
Donā€™t blame you for having backup plans. All you need is one. Donā€™t stress about the result of the other.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I made an order back in Dec as a backup which went well since I was notified a month ago that I had a VIN and a 3/28 build date. Great! I found out today that my original order is also scheduled for production in the same week. (It was supposed to be canceled but it never happened according to my dealer and he asked if I still wanted it).

So now I'm not quite sure I know what to do. I guess I could just let one of them go and let the dealer have it along with their ADM. I would much rather it go to an original reso holder but now sure how I would facilitate that. I could also buy both with the intent of selling one but there is no way I could finance both.

I realize I may get some hate on here for getting 2 builds before many are still waiting for over a year. I get that but I thought I canceled the first order.

OBX - 4 door - Sasquatch - MIC - High package - 2.3 - Navy Pier Cloth - Aux Switches

Ford Bronco I'm getting 2 Broncos built at the same time (one was a backup), what to do? 1646441553442
This is easy, buy both and sell 1. I have not heard of anyone losing money

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shoot if you can finance both somehow, do it. Sell the one you don't want for a profit.

Congratulations!

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't cancel either. Even though they are going into production, that doesn't mean delivery. You have no idea which one will actually be built and delivered. Buy the first one that shows up, then decide once the other gets delivered. Don't cancel or tell the dealer you may not want it until it is sitting at the dealership.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, only if they check what caravana is offering and do it that way. Otherwise such a hassle to private sell.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't cancel either. Even though they are going into production, that doesn't mean delivery. You have no idea which one will actually be built and delivered. Buy the first one that shows up, then decide once the other gets delivered. Don't cancel or tell the dealer you may not want it until it is sitting at the dealership.
This!!!!! Truth.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody hates on you, they rightfully understand that had Ford built in order as written in the terms of the original reservations, this would never have happened. 100% on Ford and their allocations.

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Both of my builds popped same week as well (last August). I did NOT flip, I asked friends and family if anyone wanted the 2nd order. Turns out 1st person I asked ( my brother in law) wanted it. Luckily I had a good relationship with that dealer and he had no issues selling it to my BIL at the same invoice deal I was getting.

So obviously my vote is, see if someone you know wants 1 of them.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How nice is your dealer? I wouldn't say a word. Buy the first one that comes in and wait for the second. When the second one comes in, let them know you are interested. Then show up with a buddy who can afford/want/give it a good home and see if they will honor MSRP to that lucky friend. If not, then you buy and flip. It's a long shot, but might be worth trying. The dealer has very little incentive to do this, so I hope your dealer is a friend.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy whichever one has price protection, or whichever one arrives first so you secure yourself a Bronco, let the dealer have the other one. Sounds like you canā€™t swing both of them, so if one didnā€™t sell over MSRP to cover your out the door cost quickly youā€™d be in a bad position. I had very little interest in mine when I listed it for sale in January. Maybe nobody wants a 2 door Badlands High manual, but I only had one person make a serious offer. I was looking to net $10K, the best offer was net $5K. For a $5K profit Iā€™ll keep it and enjoy it. I havenā€™t done anything with my second reservation.

If they are both going to the same dealer you can use #2 for leverage to get #1 at MSRP since they will be making ADM off some other sucker.

OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs