Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. I think I let my emotions get the best of me.
You're in the moment. I don't think you're out of line at all. You're simply trying to navigate the situation. People with less stress (Bronco6g community) might have a solution you haven't thought of, good on you for reaching out this morning.

Good luck
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could hire a professional delivery driver but if you come across one named “Kowalski” then your Bronco could hit the Vanishing Point.

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't feel like your frustration is unwarranted though. I'd press Granger a bit (nicely), sounds like they have some egg on their face in this situation to me. Finance didn't pick up the ball like they have for 99% of the rest of us. Yours slipped through the cracks unfortunately.

They're good people there! They didn't do this maliciously, so just see if there is any way they can work with you. Maybe you can complete the deal online, then have the vehicle "stored" off the lot, so Ford doesn't ding them.
Appreciate it. I agree, they've been nothing but great to me. We just worked out a date and a small storage fee until I can get there. I'm embarrassed for even posting this now.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I picked up mine this past March, they told me 30 days till pick up was fine but that was before their lot got full of the incoming orders. Glad it got resolved for you but good to have more recent info posted up for other Granger buyers.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Appreciate it. I agree, they've been nothing but great to me. We just worked out a date and a small storage fee until I can get there. I'm embarrassed for even posting this now.
Eh, don't be. It might happen again and now someone else will have a solution to look at. Accidents happen.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I picked up mine this past March, they told me 30 days till pick up was fine but that was before their lot got full of the incoming orders. Glad it got resolved for you but good to have more recent info posted up for other Granger buyers.
I edited the post. I want to delete it but I'll leave it up in case it can be helpful to anyone else down the road.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should not be embarrassed. 6G is not exactly a normal place, for example normal people are not calling tracking their car delivery everyday on some train, lol. So don't take grief from some people here.

The dealer should tell you your vehicle actually finally arrived at their location and is ready for you, and give reasonable time to arranged the purchase and pickup. Nothing unreasonable about that. Especially given all the delays that you probably had to put up with along the way.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was told on Monday that I have until the 12th to get to Granger to pick my truck up. I thought they meant July 12th but apparently it's next Monday. My first call was on May 31 so that gave me 11 days to get there after first contact. I have all the paperwork signed and told them I wired the down payment.

Edit: Granger, in typical Granger fashion, was able to work out a pick up date with me. It's about 3 weeks after the first financial phone call and I'll pay a daily fee for storage that's a drop in the bucket compared to what I saved purchasing through them. Thanks all for your suggestions. Now I feel kind of ashamed for even posting and I removed some language that added no value to the post.
Man is that going to be a drive. I'm also in Cleveland. My Braptor just hit the railyard near the dealership I purchased from, hoping it gets picked up by the truck and taken to the dealership this weekend. It will be an 11 hour drive one way for me.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ran several on-line quotes for transport, and Granger IA to Cleveland OH is about $825.

Honestly, I'd just have it shipped.

This is why, in the end, I did not buy from Granger. With shipping to Phoenix ($1600) I'd actually spend more, and wait longer. (I missed the $2000 off Grangtober deal, and $1000 off invoice wouldn't even pay for shipping).

turbocc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hard to beat Granger to home shipping. I ship several vehicles a year & try various transport companies. No more. STOPWATCH is my go-to from now on. Not the absolute cheapest but definitely not the most expensive. But best of all, they do what they say they will do, for the amount they quote, & when they say they will do it. Yes, a broker, but prior transport owner who sold his trucks to his drivers. He knows everyone. Ask Granger about their customer feedback.

Sponsored

SmashFaceKiller

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door, BL, SAS- velocity blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will this accommodation allow you the opportunity to still take the train trip with your dad?

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be honest trucking co just refuse to pick up anything in Iowa and one would be hard pressed to find any delivery. I picked up several cars from Granger and the prices to AZ are more expensive than delivery from PA that is 1k miles away

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man is that going to be a drive. I'm also in Cleveland. My Braptor just hit the railyard near the dealership I purchased from, hoping it gets picked up by the truck and taken to the dealership this weekend. It will be an 11 hour drive one way for me.
Good luck! We're going to take our time getting back. Gotta break the engine in ya know? Possibly up to Minnesota and through UP Michigan and back down. I've never been anywhere up there and this seems like the perfect time of year for some camping and possibly a trip to some dunes by lake Michigan. Is yours going to Granger too? I could drive your braptor back for you haha!

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran several on-line quotes for transport, and Granger IA to Cleveland OH is about $825.

Honestly, I'd just have it shipped.

This is why, in the end, I did not buy from Granger. With shipping to Phoenix ($1600) I'd actually spend more, and wait longer. (I missed the $2000 off Grangtober deal, and $1000 off invoice wouldn't even pay for shipping).
Thanks for going out of your way to do that for me. If Granger wasn't able to hold my truck and I wasn't planning the trip back I would have had it shipped and I'll definitely remember this in the future.

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will this accommodation allow you the opportunity to still take the train trip with your dad?
Yes! We were able to schedule the train leaving Cleveland at 4am to transfer in Chicago and get to Des Moines by 8pm. Not so bad. And now with the date being a few weeks away we can really take our time getting back like we hoped to do.

I appreciate your question. We've really been looking forward to this ever since I made the reservation in 2020. It might not make much sense to anyone else but having to fly and drive straight back (for a work deadline I have this week) or having it shipped, causing me to lose all that time and adventure with my dad, was the main reason I was so upset. I'm glad it worked out and granger let me store it in their lot a couple weeks longer.

I think the storage fee was $6/day or something like that if that can be the only useful info for anyone else reading this comment lol
Sponsored

Last edited: