Sponsored

Help! I'm ordering tomorrow and I'm crippled with indecision!

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco6g experts,

So I know I'm overthinking this, but I'm ordering tomorrow and can't figure out what I'm missing?

I've been planning on ordering a:
4dr black diamond
Squatch
Mid

With those options my planned order has basically turned into a Wildtrak but with MGV, rubber floors, and a soft top.

The wildtrak is also 50k-ish but with a hardtop and a hood sticker.

Since they're both the same price, I don't know which trim would be better/smarter. I feel like I'm missing something.

What say y'all?

*I'm an October reservation holder, planning almost all the deadly delayed options, so I'm most likely not getting a bronco until 2022
So this order I'm making tomorrow probably doesn't matter much, But I'd still like y'all's opinions on BD vs Wildtrak. Thanks!
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Help! I'm ordering tomorrow and I'm crippled with indecision! 1614821256131

Go with your gut. You can add/change/delete later...

(and you can always get some wrap and make your own hood sticker)

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

WT isn't for the sticker, by moving up in trim you're basically paying for part of the High/Lux packages so they can offer them at a lower price. If you're not going for at least the high package, it's a clear decision to stay BD imo. BL is a little different because you're getting the sway bar disco...

Sponsored

ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco6g experts,

So I know I'm overthinking this, but I'm ordering tomorrow and can't figure out what I'm missing?

4dr black diamond
Squatch
Mid

With those options my planned order has basically turned into a Wildtrak but with MGV, rubber floors, and a soft top.

Since they're both the same price, I don't know which trim would be better/smarter. I feel like I'm missing something.

What say y'all?

*I'm an October reservation holder, planning almost all the deadly delayed options, so I'm most likely not getting a bronco until 2022
So this order I'm making tomorrow probably doesn't matter much, But I'd still like y'all's opinions on BD vs Wildtrak. Thanks!
Price out a Badlands, you might be surprised.

OP
OP
The Compensator

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Price out a Badlands, you might be surprised.
I was surprised. Now I'm more confused. I can get a badlands, 2.3, manual, non-squatch with the lux package for 50k-ish too. Decisions, decisions...

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was surprised. Now I'm more confused. I can get a badlands, 2.3, manual, non-squatch with the lux package for 50k-ish too. Decisions, decisions...
This is the way.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You will find that if you build out the trims as equal as possible, then no more that a a couple thousand (sometimes only a few hundred) will separate them. Now I'm talking about adding stuff... Like engines, transmissions, Etc.... Not sticking with all the standards for that trim.

Once you realize that, and you are of the "add-on" group you really just need to decide BL or WT.

As tempting as BD and BB are... They only make sense if you are sticking with them As is.

Sponsored

mutz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun at the moment
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is exactly what I chose to do! I'm also an Oct res and hoping for a white top at some point to contrast AMB. If that's the case, then those vintage style fifteen52 wheels in white are looking like my first purchase after getting the bronco.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Said above, by going with a high trim, you have access to the higher pkgs (high/lux) and also the MGV in BL or leather in WT plus some other features added for upgrading. If you don’t want or care about all the extra stuff then stick with what you have. Best thing to do like people said, go with your gut and you’ll be happy

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You will find that if you build out the trims as equal as possible, then no more that a a couple thousand (sometimes only a few hundred) will separate them. Now I'm talking about adding stuff... Like engines, transmissions, Etc.... Not sticking with all the standards for that trim.

Once you realize that, and you are of the "add-on" group you really just need to decide BL or WT.

As tempting as BD and BB are... They only make sense if you are sticking with them As is.
Yep, true.

I'm a lux package guy, and have felt locked into BL for quite a while but have recently begun to reconsider WT. If I add Sasquatch to my BL build, it costs more than the WT. If I don't add Sasquatch to the BL, then the WT is a little more expensive. I keep getting twisting around various little differences that I prefer each way. FE would solve almost all my issues, but not an option for me. I'm hoping a new trim level for 2022 hits the spot.

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, true.

I'm a lux package guy, and have felt locked into BL for quite a while but have recently begun to reconsider WT. If I add Sasquatch to my BL build, it costs more than the WT. If I don't add Sasquatch to the BL, then the WT is a little more expensive. I keep getting twisting around various little differences that I prefer each way. FE would solve almost all my issues, but not an option for me. I'm hoping a new trim level for 2022 hits the spot.
I've been locked in on a BadMan for some time.. though my eyes have turned a little to the OBX in 2.7 squatched with roast leather interior. 'Tis a looker. Especially in AMB

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco6g experts,

4dr black diamond
Squatch
Mid

What say y'all?

I had this same dilemma. Do I go up a trim level or do I max out a lower one? I ended up going with the BD-squatch-2.7-Mid-MIC for these reasons:

BD vs Wildtrak:
-I like BD bumpers better
-BD had bas bash plates
-BD has MGV and washout floors
BD vs Badlands with 2.7-mid-mic
-Want Sas 4.7 more than no sas + SBD and sig lights
-Don't need higher package
-Want sport mode more than Baja

It all comes down to what features you need, want, prefer.
Sponsored