William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been considering equipping my Badlands Sasquatch with overlanding equipment.
I began to wonder about the weight of this equipment, and the impact the weight may have on ground clearance. The heavier the load, the more the vehicle squats.

I pay a lot of money for inches of ground clearance. I don’t want to squander the ground clearance with excess weight.

Any thoughts on the difference payload makes on ground clearance? Thanks..
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been considering equipping my Badlands Sasquatch with overlanding equipment.
I began to wonder about the weight of this equipment, and the impact the weight may have on ground clearance. The heavier the load, the more the vehicle squats.

I pay a lot of money for inches of ground clearance. I don’t want to squander the ground clearance with excess weight.

Any thoughts on the difference payload makes on ground clearance? Thanks..
Somewhat irrelevant to your question but: A buddy and I had identical Jeep LJ's except his had a 3" lift w/ springs and arms, mine had a 2" puck. Loaded down for hunting camp his would bottom on rocks etc, mine would not. More compliant off road suspension is less capable of load carrying than sock suspension. The rear of the Bronco seems very nimble off road, probably why GVWR's are fairly low.

Deleted member 9490

Wont impact your ground clearance as much as your approach and departure angles. Likely rear diff/shock mounts/radius arm mounts will still be lowest point to measure ground clearance which is impacted by tire size and not vehicle weight.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I added 4wp front bumper with winch and you can notice the noise down quite a bit. Also went camping 2 weekends ago with the 4dr cargo area loaded to the top and you could notice the squat. Cooler, clothes, food, some tools.
Sponsored