Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the color on my order changed from Velocity Blue to Carbonized Grey after my build was bumped back a week. Nobody can tell me why that happened and they haven't managed to change it back yet either. Going on five days now with no info other that the dealer is trying to get in touch with someone at the regional level.

As of last Friday my build was scheduled for 9/9 so I suspect at this point it has been bumped to the 9/12 week. No window sticker yet.

Can they change color so long as the window sticker has not been created?
Would that cause me to loose my spot for a build?
Anybody got any insights on this? @Ford Motor Company ?
Sponsored

JBsabre

Badlands
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I understand you can no longer make changes once you're assigned a VIN.

OP
OP
Dingbat

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I understand you can no longer make changes once you're assigned a VIN.
Ok, That makes this even perplexing as the tracker showed it as Velocity Blue for a week or so after I got my VIN.

JBsabre

Badlands
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, That makes this even perplexing as the tracker showed it as Velocity Blue for a week or so after I got my VIN.
I could very well be wrong, but that is strange that it changed after you already had a build date.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did it push you back at all or did you still get your build in the same timeframe?
It's so close to the '23 rollover I don't want to get pushed to next year.
I got pushed from 9-26 to 10-3
So far 🤷‍♂️

you have a 22 vin
It has to be produced in 22
Vins do not roll over

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was able to change from OW to CO after my VIN was assigned. They just have to submit a change to the factory. I cannot recall the exact term they used.

IDK about being able to change to SAS after vin assignment sounds like I would need to see proof of that. All of the actual non color options showed non adjustable when I saw the change request on the dealers end.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to add the Sasquatch package to my Badlands after my VIN was assigned as well. As soon as I got scheduled, I asked my dealer if he could add it, and he put in a request through Ford. About a week later, the request was accepted and my build week didn’t change throughout the entire process.

If you want to change the color, you need to hassle your dealer until they actually put the request in. Talk to the manager or go in and talk to them in person if you have to.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After your VIN is assigned you can submit a request for changes, but there is no guarantee those chances can be implemented.

The only options that cannot be changed after a VIN is assigned are…
  • Number of doors (2-door vs 4-door)
  • 4x4 transfer case
  • Trim
  • Equipment package
Everything else, including the color and the Sasquatch package, can be added after the VIN is generated. (Note on some trims adding the Sasquatch package also changes the transfer case, which you cannot do.)

Again, there is no guarantee those requests will be approved. If they are, Ford will sent the dealers a DORA confirming the changes. If not then… outta luck. Now that we’re so close to the end of the model year many options may be balanced out, and you simply cannot switch to those options. Like the Desert Sand color on Everglades, that has been balanced out—so if you try to switch from Eruption Green to Desert Sand, that change won’t be accepted, but switching to Cactus Gray may be accepted.

OP
OP
Dingbat

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was able to add the Sasquatch package to my Badlands after my VIN was assigned as well. As soon as I got scheduled, I asked my dealer if he could add it, and he put in a request through Ford. About a week later, the request was accepted and my build week didn’t change throughout the entire process.

If you want to change the color, you need to hassle your dealer until they actually put the request in. Talk to the manager or go in and talk to them in person if you have to.
It's not that I want them to change the color... They changed the color and I want it back to what it was.

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After your VIN is assigned you can submit a request for changes, but there is no guarantee those chances can be implemented.

The only options that cannot be changed after a VIN is assigned are…
  • Number of doors (2-door vs 4-door)
  • 4x4 transfer case
  • Trim
  • Equipment package
Everything else, including the color and the Sasquatch package, can be added after the VIN is generated. (Note on some trims adding the Sasquatch package also changes the transfer case, which you cannot do.)

Again, there is no guarantee those requests will be approved. If they are, Ford will sent the dealers a DORA confirming the changes. If not then… outta luck. Now that we’re so close to the end of the model year many options may be balanced out, and you simply cannot switch to those options. Like the Desert Sand color on Everglades, that has been balanced out—so if you try to switch from Eruption Green to Desert Sand, that change won’t be accepted, but switching to Cactus Gray may be accepted.
Can you please give me some more details on this process that I could pass on to my dealer? I just want to switch the color on my Braptor from to Azure Gray to Code Orange. They're saying it's absolutely impossible, but maybe if I had something specific to tell them to do/try it'd help? (I have a build that's been moved from 12/19 to 1/30 now to 2/20. Not sure how to tell if I have a VIN or not.)

Thanks in advance!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you please give me some more details on this process that I could pass on to my dealer? I just want to switch the color on my Braptor from to Azure Gray to Code Orange. They're saying it's absolutely impossible, but maybe if I had something specific to tell them to do/try it'd help? (I have a build that's been moved from 12/19 to 1/30 now to 2/20. Not sure how to tell if I have a VIN or not.)

Thanks in advance!
There is no special process. They just have to go into WBDO and modify the order to see if it'll let them make the change.

Note that Code Orange falls into the same bucket as Desert Tan. It's a trim-specific color, so even if they accept the change, switching to that color will likely cause your current build date to be canceled.

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There is no special process. They just have to go into WBDO and modify the order to see if it'll let them make the change.

Note that Code Orange falls into the same bucket as Desert Tan. It's a trim-specific color, so even if they accept the change, switching to that color will likely cause your current build date to be canceled.
Ah. Okay thank you at least I can stop fretting over it and get excited about Azure Gray, thanks for the prompt reply!
Sponsored