Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This isn’t helping me 😂😂.
So basically if bumped down to the 4cyl I’d still have more power than my 07 FJ (with 330k miles!!)...

my real question is this: do folks think the 4 cyl would get a noticeable difference in gas mileage?
Ford lists them at only 1mpg apart but who knows what real life will actually show. I'm weary of gas prices going way up the next few years so I felt more comfortable with the best Ford can offer. If you're going to add a ton of extra weight (bumpers, winch, plates, overland gear, etc) then I'd go for the 2.7L. If it's going to be a daily with weekend camp/activity duty, as is my case, then I'd go 2.3L. My $0.02, good luck
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm pretty set on my Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 2-dr, Cactus Grey, 2.7l Auto, Mid Package.
I'm just trying to decide if I want the free sound deadener, and if I should splurge for the door bags.

I considered the tow package, but understand it could be late availability, and people seem to think the price is double what it would cost to get done outside of MAP.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.54.54 AM.png
Wait, is the tow package considered one of the “sins”?

i have that in my order (along with the V6 but nothing else)

should I cancel it to help chances of a late summer delivery? (I’m a 7/14 res)

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Not one of the sins, but it was mentioned in the latest Ford communication I thought?
(the one about the roofs possibly?)

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford lists them at only 1mpg apart but who knows what real life will actually show. I'm weary of gas prices going way up the next few years so I felt more comfortable with the best Ford can offer. If you're going to add a ton of extra weight (bumpers, winch, plates, overland gear, etc) then I'd go for the 2.7L. If it's going to be a daily with weekend camp/activity duty, as is my case, then I'd go 2.3L. My $0.02, good luck
i feel like no matter what the more modern V6 is gonna get better mpg than my FJ does now. I’m lucky to get 15.....

if the 4 cyl was supposed to get like an extra 5mpg or something I’d def do it.
I don’t tow a ton, a few times a year, but I know the v6 would have to do less work towing.

maybe by the time I trade in for the 2023 bronco it’ll be hybrid or electric ha

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i feel like no matter what the more modern V6 is gonna get better mpg than my FJ does now. I’m lucky to get 15.....

if the 4 cyl was supposed to get like an extra 5mpg or something I’d def do it.
I don’t tow a ton, a few times a year, but I know the v6 would have to do less work towing.

maybe by the time I trade in for the 2023 bronco it’ll be hybrid or electric ha
Absolutely, sounds like either way you're coming out on top.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not one of the sins, but it was mentioned in the latest Ford communication I thought?
(the one about the roofs possibly?)
Man this rumor has legs.

There has been nothing from Ford that says Tow Package will potentially cause a delay.

A forum user said it is in the “commodity list” and elaborated that he believed that if 50% or less of orders have it, no problem. If 75%+ have it Ford might not have enough. But again, Ford has not communicated an concern about that (as of today). It’s possible that they anticipate making enough when the time comes, or they don’t anticipate running out in general. Considering how forthright they were about the other items, I don’t see why they would keep mum about this.

He added that part of the ordering process involves a “look ahead” and your dealer could tell you that if you remove the tow package (or something else) you could get a VIN in a couple weeks.... so even if this or anything else does present a delay for your specific build, you can be given the opportunity to make an informed decision about whether it’s worth it to keep or remove before it actually causes a delay.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man this rumor has legs.

There has been nothing from Ford that says Tow Package will potentially cause a delay.

A forum user said it is in the “commodity list” and elaborated that he believed that if 50% or less of orders have it, no problem. If 75%+ have it Ford might not have enough. But again, Ford has not communicated an concern about that (as of today). It’s possible that they anticipate making enough when the time comes, or they don’t anticipate running out in general. Considering how forthright they were about the other items, I don’t see why they would keep mum about this.

He added that part of the ordering process involves a “look ahead” and your dealer could tell you that if you remove the tow package (or something else) you could get a VIN in a couple weeks.... so even if this or anything else does present a delay for your specific build, you can be given the opportunity to make an informed decision about whether it’s worth it to keep or remove before it actually causes a delay.
awesome thanks for clarifying this

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I texted my Dealer contact today and wanted to change mic top to mod top and leather seats to cloth on my wildtrack order. He said they would nor let him change to mod top but he could change the leather to cloth. Anyone else find that strange that I could change one and not the other?

OP
OP

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I texted my Dealer contact today and wanted to change mic top to mod top and leather seats to cloth on my wildtrack order. He said they would nor let him change to mod top but he could change the leather to cloth. Anyone else find that strange that I could change one and not the other?
Likely related to the mod top being pushed MY22 now.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Likely related to the mod top being pushed MY22 now.
Yes. Mod top is no longer available and therefore locked out of being added to MY21 builds.

You'll be able to add it to the order when MY22 options become available.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. Mod top is no longer available and therefore locked out of being added to MY21 builds.

You'll be able to add it to the order when MY22 options become available.
Thanks

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I switched from AMB OBX to Race Red BL because of the mod top unavailability. IMO AMB needs the gloss black and shiny bits of OBX or Wildtrak and BL is already full of MIC so the top looks good on it. RR is hot and anyway I’ve never been afraid of flash. 🔥 🚨 🔥

jlambronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has their been any rumors or talk of more interior option colors especially for the Wildtrak if you wait until MY22? I've got the Wildtrak on order with mod top and don't mind waiting. I'm not super crazy about the tan interior. I can certainly live with it but it would be nice if there were some options down the line.
Sponsored