Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am still confused - I have gone from BLs to BB, to WT, back to BL, and now I am considering BB again, with SAS. I really don't need the swaybar disconnect. I just want a truck that can do some good dirt trails and beach running, and then serves me well as a daily driver. I cringe at the thought of spending 55k+ on a new bronco when I have never seen one in person, but this is my dream car, and I have been waiting 41 years for this.

Part of me wants to splurge. Then the pragmatic side says "Cloth is fine, you don't need bash plates and a heavy duty steel bumper, yet". Choices. fuck.
LOL...sounds like you are even more undecided than me. Not sure if I'm glad to learn changes can still be made or not. Part of me just wants to say its locked down and just be patient for delivery.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed my dealer last night to change my priority code to 99. Originally ordered Badlands w/ Mid.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is and waiting for MY22 basemansquatch.
Decisive action...well done.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called yesterday to add the towing package - decided I didn't want to deal with it myself later on. Other than that, I've pretty much been set on my build since B&P came online. 😁

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely still having second thoughts. Committed to BD sas I think, but still having second thoughts on 2/4 door and 2.3/2.7. Good thing is with a September 16 reservation I’ll have plenty of time to think about to before mine gets scheduled

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
For clarification:

You can continue to make modifications to your build up until the VIN is assigned and the actual build is scheduled (about 2 weeks before the parts start getting bolted together)... in fact, Ford has stated that they are expecting people to do exactly that once they receive their delivery window estimates...

...though, that's not to say that your dealer wants to keep changing things.

;)
Dealers have Ford to blame for some of these changes. I have been waiting for a VB with the MIC top to show up. I still question if the final MIC color can work with VB.
BN just dropped a Base 4 dr walkaround. These walkarounds for each trim and color should have been dropped well before this time.
It's as if you go to a dealership for a brochure and they are only willing to give you a page a week.

Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers have Ford to blame for some of these changes. I have been waiting for a VB with the MIC top to show up. I still question if the final MIC color can work with VB.
BN just dropped a Base 4 dr walkaround. These walkarounds for each trim and color should have been dropped well before this time.
It's as if you go to a dealership for a brochure and they are only willing to give you a page a week.
Maybe I’m ignorant of how the video production works, but I highly agree. The full walkthroughs are nice, but they should have so many more videos out than they do now. Take 30 minutes of filming for every color/trim combo, some exterior and interior shots for each, edited down to 5 minutes a pop....the filming could be done in a day and the editing in what, a week or two at the most? Kind of annoying that they are playing everything so close to the chest and we’re relying on spy shots to figure out what we want to order.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I’m ignorant of how the video production works, but I highly agree. The full walkthroughs are nice, but they should have so many more videos out than they do now. Take 30 minutes of filming for every color/trim combo, some exterior and interior shots for each, edited down to 5 minutes a pop....the filming could be done in a day and the editing in what, a week or two at the most? Kind of annoying that they are playing everything so close to the chest and we’re relying on spy shots to figure out what we want to order.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I think BN oversold themselves to Ford when they told them what they could do.

Especially watching the early videos, and seeing how far they've come, it reminded me of all those times someone didn't realize how tough video production is and said "yeah, no problem, we can do that too." Even simple things like showing b-roll for the wrong thing when the talent was describing something.

My impression is that BN is trying to "create buzz" with a steady trickle of new content... they're trying to maintain momentum with interest, and they're getting much better at it, but yeah... just as how it's obvious that they've never supplied their talent with even a loose script, it seems like no one on their team ever bothered to map out a production and release schedule.

(In their defense, they're also at the mercy of Ford's supply of Broncos, which was rather limited initially.)

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm all over the board. I ordered a 4-door Black Diamond, Cactus Gray, V6. The only thing I feel sure about is the BD model.....after that I fluctuate from being happy with my build (especially after seeing some of the newer CG videos/pics) to thinking of completely changing to a 2-door model, in a "real" color like rapid red or cyber orange, with the manual transmission......then I think that's TOO drastic and think of just changing to the 4 cyl but then can't decide between auto or manual.

(Right now I drive the bright blue original FJ cruiser....so really I now have a 2-door vehicle in a bright color (yes, I have the suicide doors).....)

I really do wish I could drive or at least look at each model in person. It's almost like buying a new iPhone....the regular, the pro, the max.....they all are nice.

I guess I really just want a 4-door V6 and a 2 door 4cyl stick.

has anyone went from v6 down to 4 cyl?

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am still confused - I have gone from BLs to BB, to WT, back to BL, and now I am considering BB again, with SAS. I really don't need the swaybar disconnect. I just want a truck that can do some good dirt trails and beach running, and then serves me well as a daily driver. I cringe at the thought of spending 55k+ on a new bronco when I have never seen one in person, but this is my dream car, and I have been waiting 41 years for this.

Part of me wants to splurge. Then the pragmatic side says "Cloth is fine, you don't need bash plates and a heavy duty steel bumper, yet". Choices. fuck.
Can I give you an "Amen!" I'm exactly the same way, one minute I want the "world" and then I come back down to reality! What's even harder is when my wife says, "get what you want" now so you have no regrets! But I just want a cool-looking daily driver with the ability to take off the top and doors! So I'm going with a BB in the low 40s! Years and years and years ago my brother had in International Scout and cruising in that with the top off was the bomb! That's all I'm looking for, the BOMB!

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty set on my Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 2-dr, Cactus Grey, 2.7l Auto, Mid Package.
I'm just trying to decide if I want the free sound deadener, and if I should splurge for the door bags.

I considered the tow package, but understand it could be late availability, and people seem to think the price is double what it would cost to get done outside of MAP.

Ford Bronco Last minute changes? Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.54.54 AM

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went through one hell of a dilemma and believe I've made the final decision with mine.

Original -- Cactus Grey Wildtrak 4dr
FINAL -- Iconic Silver Badlands 4dr (2.7, MIC, High pkg, 33's, MGV)

In everyday scenarios I probably prefer the Wildtrak but the two tone cloth interior/dash and carpet floors is a genuine bummer, plus the concerns about constraints (reservation on 7/14) I want to maximize my chances. Plus having the washout floors and dark interior/MGV is a huge plus.

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can I give you an "Amen!" I'm exactly the same way, one minute I want the "world" and then I come back down to reality! What's even harder is when my wife says, "get what you want" now so you have no regrets! But I just want a cool-looking daily driver with the ability to take off the top and doors! So I'm going with a BB in the low 40s! Years and years and years ago my brother had in International Scout and cruising in that with the top off was the bomb! That's all I'm looking for, the BOMB!
I had a buddy in high school who had a Scout and same experience. First time in my life I am going to have a vehicle just for fun. It will be my daily driver, but also looking forward to cruising with the top off.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am having issues because they took away my MOD top that I was going to turn white on a BD SAS. I thought about going the blackout way with the WT but I just can't stomach the interior, its not terrible but I don't love it and the top does not match at all. Then BL entered my mind for a bit doing 33s, but again all black interior is a snoozes fest and I don't need the disconnect. OBX was my initial reservation but there is some cost there that includes nothing, like the "upgraded dash" that seems to have dissolved, but I do still really like it overall. My wife and kids just love the BD inside and out, colors and all, so I may just stick with it. I think I would rather have carpet than rubber due to noise but thats my only complaint. OR just wait till 2022!

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm all over the board. I ordered a 4-door Black Diamond, Cactus Gray, V6. The only thing I feel sure about is the BD model.....after that I fluctuate from being happy with my build (especially after seeing some of the newer CG videos/pics) to thinking of completely changing to a 2-door model, in a "real" color like rapid red or cyber orange, with the manual transmission......then I think that's TOO drastic and think of just changing to the 4 cyl but then can't decide between auto or manual.

(Right now I drive the bright blue original FJ cruiser....so really I now have a 2-door vehicle in a bright color (yes, I have the suicide doors).....)

I really do wish I could drive or at least look at each model in person. It's almost like buying a new iPhone....the regular, the pro, the max.....they all are nice.

I guess I really just want a 4-door V6 and a 2 door 4cyl stick.

has anyone went from v6 down to 4 cyl?
Best friend drives an FJ as well and he was in 100% agreement of me going with the 2.3L 4-cylinder. I've got a 2.3L in my Focus RS and it puts out some solid power - Ford will likely be releasing a warranty compliant "tune" just like they've done for the 2.3L in the Ranger. Rough comparison below shows they're all roughly in the same power/weight ballpark, Bronco numbers go down (that's good) if you go manual - firm numbers per trim and options aren't out yet for the Bronco.

Earlier FJ Cruiser - 239hp/278tq, ~4200lbs curb weight
17.6 lbs/hp
Newer FJ Cruiser - 260hp/271tq, ~4300lbs curb weight
16.5 lbs/hp
Bronco 2.3L - 270hp/310tq, ~4850lbs curb weight (4 door - manual drops lbs)
18.0 lbs/hp
Bronco 2.7L - 310hp/400tq, ~5300lbs curb weight (4 door - manual drops lbs)
16.1 lbs/hp

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best friend drives an FJ as well and he was in 100% agreement of me going with the 2.3L 4-cylinder. I've got a 2.3L in my Focus RS and it puts out some solid power - Ford will likely be releasing a warranty compliant "tune" just like they've done for the 2.3L in the Ranger. Rough comparison below shows they're all roughly in the same power/weight ballpark, Bronco numbers go down (that's good) if you go manual - firm numbers per trim and options aren't out yet for the Bronco.

Earlier FJ Cruiser - 239hp/278tq, ~4200lbs curb weight
17.6 lbs/hp
Newer FJ Cruiser - 260hp/271tq, ~4300lbs curb weight
16.5 lbs/hp
Bronco 2.3L - 270hp/310tq, ~4850lbs curb weight (4 door - manual drops lbs)
18.0 lbs/hp
Bronco 2.7L - 310hp/400tq, ~5300lbs curb weight (4 door - manual drops lbs)
16.1 lbs/hp
This isn’t helping me 😂😂.
So basically if bumped down to the 4cyl I’d still have more power than my 07 FJ (with 330k miles!!)...

my real question is this: do folks think the 4 cyl would get a noticeable difference in gas mileage?
Sponsored