Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got the angled steps on my 4dr Wildtrak and love their look. GOAT fab did a great job IMO.

RideClimbNJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They look awesome. I just ordered the version without the metal plates for my Wildtrak. How was the install?

Ford Bronco Installed GOAT Fabrication 2 door Step Sliders IMG_4785

AZ23

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2018 Focus Hatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They look awesome. I just ordered the version without the metal plates for my Wildtrak. How was the install?

Ford Bronco Installed GOAT Fabrication 2 door Step Sliders IMG_4785
Very easy installation but definitely need a second person to help hold them due to weight and size. Will take you less than an hour

OP
OP

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got the angled steps on my 4dr Wildtrak and love their look. GOAT fab did a great job IMO.
I debated over the over the angled Rock Sliders vs. the Step Sliders but I made a concession to my wife who wanted more of a proper step. Otherwise I would have opted for the Rock Sliders or the No-Step Rock Sliders.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Install was easy and fit was perfect. As AZ23 said, it is very helpful having a second person, even more so Iā€™m sure with the heavier and more unwieldy 4 door version. I like to be wieldy šŸ˜.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Install was easy and fit was perfect. As AZ23 said, it is very helpful having a second person, even more so Iā€™m sure with the heavier and more unwieldy 4 door version. I like to be wieldy šŸ˜.
Itā€™s possible to do the 4-door version solo. I used a couple jack stands and my knee for temp support to get the drivers side.

Wife just happened to come check on me and bring me a new beer as I was starting the passenger side. Sheā€™s not very strong but the extra set of hands helped with balance tremendously and made the install go twice as fast.

Overall, Iā€™ve been very pleased. More importantly wife is happy. Like others, one of the deals I made was to get her something she could use as a step. Itā€™s a joy seeing her light up and want to take the Bronco for adventures.

Ford Bronco Installed GOAT Fabrication 2 door Step Sliders IMG_0218
Ford Bronco Installed GOAT Fabrication 2 door Step Sliders IMG_0220
Ford Bronco Installed GOAT Fabrication 2 door Step Sliders IMG_0217
Ford Bronco Installed GOAT Fabrication 2 door Step Sliders IMG_0219

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I debated over the over the angled Rock Sliders vs. the Step Sliders but I made a concession to my wife who wanted more of a proper step. Otherwise I would have opted for the Rock Sliders or the No-Step Rock Sliders.
I hear ya...my wife is on the shorter side and she struggles a bit. But I prefer the higher profile and appearance.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had mine on for about 8 months now. I purchased to help prevent rocks flying up on my doors, which have definitely helped! They're starting to rust on the welds and I plan to use a rust wash and re-paint over. Still satisfied overall

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya...my wife is on the shorter side and she struggles a bit. But I prefer the higher profile and appearance.
FYI, while the step sliders gives a ledge for the short people in our lives, it also pushes you (slightly) further away from the vehicle.

IMO, that makes it harder to get in if you elect to bypass the step, which I do about half the time. Itā€™s not the end of the world, but something to consider.

Still a great product. Just the nature of the beast for a step slider.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FYI, while the step sliders gives a ledge for the short people in our lives, it also pushes you (slightly) further away from the vehicle.

IMO, that makes it harder to get in if you elect to bypass the step, which I do about half the time. Itā€™s not the end of the world, but something to consider.

lol...I'm 6'5" I'm not worried or experiencing this problem

OP
OP

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yep, all of this is quite accurate and should be considered. I cannot help thinking that if Ford would/could have placed a grab handle in a better location to facilitate entry (like on my F150), the decision would have been easier. Heck, we probably wouldnā€™t NEED a step at all. Iā€™m sure this has been discussed as well.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol...I'm 6'5" I'm not worried or experiencing this problem
LOL, Iā€™m a little over 6ā€™. Had a good buddy that was 6ā€™8ā€. I had a lifted Jeep back in those days and he never sweat getting in. He was a speed junkie and drove a Corvette. Found it more impressive he could fit in that, lol.

He had custom furniture made that was deeper than average. It was hilarious to see his wife sit down. The edge of the cushions hit here about mid calf, lol.

The other factor at play is often where the height is located. Some guys have tall torsos, others all legs and some balanced.

Yep, all of this is quite accurate and should be considered. I cannot help thinking that if Ford would/could have placed a grab handle in a better location to facilitate entry (like on my F150), the decision would have been easier. Heck, we probably wouldnā€™t NEED a step at all. Iā€™m sure this has been discussed as well.
Prior to getting the step sliders, I tried some grab handles with the wife. I was really determined to go with the angled version or more aggressive tucked ones. Anyhow, it helped some but wasnā€™t enough for her. YMMV.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I run the angled step versions, but my wife hates them as our braptor is a bit tall.

RideClimbNJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Installed GOAT Fabrication 2 door Step Sliders IMG_4808

Just installed mine! Real easy. Did it solo with two jack stands, took me an hour. Definitely well made and solid. Love the look.
Sponsored