First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the pics Jo8n. Will follow this thread. Interested in post touchless car wash results.
You know what? I hadn't even considered that! On the other hand, I can't remember the last time I washed any car šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah. It doesn't exactly lay flat.
1673915230843.png

1673915241299.png
Thanks for being the "first!" I wrote Besttop last year asking them to make a two-row top! I have a low-profile TrailRax rack on the rear cap. Do you think it would stow open right on top of that? (Attached photo).

SmartSelect_20230116_212021_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a little worried about this cable catching something when open while offroading but I guess we could just pull it inside the vehicle.

EDIT: As pointed out by @Ksjrb03 , this is clearly wrong. I don't know how I ended up here but, to fix, I had to disengage the back of the top assembly from the car so I could lift it a little to remove the cable and fish it through the channel in the fabric. I was unsuccessful just fishing the wire through of its own rigidity and ended up using a fish tape.

Ford Bronco Installed our Bestop Skyrider for Hardtop 1673922109053

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for being the "first!" I wrote Besttop last year asking them to make a two-row top! I have a low-profile TrailRax rack on the rear cap. Do you think it would stow open right on top of that? (Attached photo).

Wow. Seems like it *might* work. I'm just not sure. As far as I remember, it's really just fabric accumulating up there. Seems quite possible.

I do like the idea of that rack though--not interfering with the hard front sections and maybe working for this too.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm a little worried about this cable catching something when open while offroading but I guess we could just pull it inside the vehicle.
Woah. Somethingā€™s not right there. Iā€™ve had this top installed a while, that cable should not be visible. There is a sewn channel for it along the edge of fabric.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Woah. Somethingā€™s not right there. Iā€™ve had this top installed a while, that cable should not be visible. There is a sewn channel for it along the edge of fabric.
Well that's good news other than the fact that it's hanging down there but maybe I missed a step.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well that's good news other than the fact that it's hanging down there but maybe I missed a step.
There wasnā€™t a step other than attach it at the back. It should have shipped with the cable routed through the fabric.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There wasnā€™t a step other than attach it at the back. It should have shipped with the cable routed through the fabric.
Thanks for that info. I will figure out where it's supposed to go through tomorrow and fish it through there.

EDIT: I just opened it and could not find such a channel in the fabric but it's night time so I could be missing it. We'll see tomorrow.

@HBirdman did yours end up hanging when open like mine or is your cable hidden away?

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was surprised to receive it 2 days ago as FedEx had said it would come on Tuesday but it made an early surprise for my wife.

One thing I should tell you about the install: if you're borrowing a garage to install this in (raining here), use one with the highest ceiling you can find.

The limb risers came in handy.

View attachment 449993
That looks awesome!

Sponsored

HBirdman

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 G550, 20 Panamera, 20 r9T, 22 KarenSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah. For a couple screws I was worried I might have them cross threaded even though they started easily but eventually realized what was happening.

Overall, I thought the instructions were SPOT ON and pictures were great but, on the Control Link (section 15 & 16), I could swear the images showed the screws going in on the wrong side of the control link so I stared and flipped the things over and over but the stickers with the "front ->" and part numbers for left and right were pretty clear and, though I was tempted to turn them around using the Philips screw, I stuck with them and the shape of the links and just screwed them in the from the opposite side shown to make sure everything went on per the instructions and part stickers.
Glad I wasnā€™t the only one who wondered about cross-threading. I removed it for winter, but first I bought a Milwaukee power ratchet because I wasnā€™t going to mess around with that damn thread locker again.

I found the instructions pretty solid too. But I did actually have parts mislabeled, they reversed the right and left side on runners for me. Was not happy about that.

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ve seen these in person on broncos and think they are a fantastic compromise between the hard and soft top. As I usually just fold the first section open anyway on my soft top. And would like to have the better access for the rear that a hard top offers.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this top! I love the ease of the soft top when wanting to have the top open and don't want to deal with the whole hard top removal when I want some open air. Plus, Why spend all the money it will cost for the complete hard top when you can get the best of both worlds? I am sure it will be awhile until we can get our hands on a rear section but if you go forward with this idea at any point, please update!

smast

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4d Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One thing I love about my Bestop Sunrider (had one on my Wrangler, and it was the first thing I bought for my Bronco) is the ability to open and close it from the driver's seat at a traffic light in seconds. Do you have to get out of the Bronco and flip this back/forward from the side of the vehicle to open it and close it?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can you post a couple pictures from top looking down and from side of where the hoops pivot over the B pillar. I want to see what the bolt on looks like.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I love about my Bestop Sunrider (had one on my Wrangler, and it was the first thing I bought for my Bronco) is the ability to open and close it from the driver's seat at a traffic light in seconds. Do you have to get out of the Bronco and flip this back/forward from the side of the vehicle to open it and close it?
I have not been able to do that but, maybe with some practice. I was a little worried about how hard I'd have to push on the supports on one side to get it all the way back without someone also pushing on the other side or me standing up in the vehicle.

I will definitely give it a shot today with my seatbelt on and see how I fare.
Sponsored