First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is it as easy, seamless, and clean as it sounds? It looks great would be first comment, but then the sound seems like major upgrade. Did you replace the front 4 inch speakers??
I've done nothing but replace these two speakers. It's a quick plug and play install.

Did you have to do any calibration to the stock screen.
No. Its just a plug and play install, unless you want to dig into Forscan or install an amp, either of which would certainly improve them even more.

What does the back look like? Will they interfere with on board door storage??
They are wider but sit up higher. I've never put my doors in the back, but I can see no reason they would interfere.

How Clean and well made do you think these SSV pods are vs the other in the Market?

I know Metra is coming out with some to but I have not seen them yet.
Quality seems fine. I've not looked into any other options. I ran a whole roof SSV sound system in my RZR Turbo for several years and it was flawless - and that's a much harsher environment than the back of an SUV, so I had no concerns in buying these.

NICE! I was going to buy those pods too when I saw them advertised but everywhere I have looked they are on backorder, where did you get yours?
Ordered from SSV Works website.

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So do I understand, you had the Lux package with the B&O upgrade right?
Correct.

Thank you I skipped right over that part šŸ˜…
This is what I used. It's all TPlus hardware, but the top bolts are just corse-thread screws in plastic so I was able to get away with using a regular Torx bit. It was the stubbiest setup I had.

Ford Bronco Installed - SSV Works rear pods w/ Kicker speakers 20230217_102328

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wonder if that'll work with a Braptor and the carbon brace. Toying with Wakeboard Tower speakers if I am unhappy (which sounds like I may be) with B&O.
I contacted them about a month ago and they said it would NOT fit the BRaptor. Iā€™m still waiting for someone to make it for us. (First world problems)

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I contacted them about a month ago and they said it would NOT fit the BRaptor. Iā€™m still waiting for someone to make it for us. (First world problems)
I'm likely to just go with the Wake tower speakers - if I can get a set of 8's in there I think it'll be good - may need to bump it with a new amp also but the bracket fab is what's going to be a challenge in that space.

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looking at pics of the Braptor rear brace I can see why. That thing doesn't leave much room for speakers, and these are a good bit bigger than stock. Braptors simply don't have room for a bigger speaker.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm likely to just go with the Wake tower speakers - if I can get a set of 8's in there I think it'll be good - may need to bump it with a new amp also but the bracket fab is what's going to be a challenge in that space.
Iā€™m just not into that look, Iā€™m want it to look as factory as possible. But I might have to give in at some point.

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have these and I also have the B&O system. Itā€™s a huge upgrade and sounds is so much better.
Did you have to do anything through forscan or just plug and play?

Sponsored

Caliboy

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Charger SRT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The back honestly looks just like factory. I don't have photos but I am sure someone else will chime in and provide. No issues with clearance at all.
I installed these as well but without Kicker and added JBL club and sounds amazing and easy plug and play. I found its better with the B & O to disconnect the FACTORY SUB and add a better 12 inch with its own amp. Factory sub rattles where they have it and its a cheap sub. I now have all JBL as speakers with 12 inch Pioneer sub.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Iā€™m just not into that look, Iā€™m want it to look as factory as possible. But I might have to give in at some point.
Yeah - I won't know for sure until I have my rig in my driveway - but not thrilled with the current options and rumblings around sound quality. The carbon finer brace on the Raptor definitely limits the options further.

whiskeydriver

Wildtrak
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thehudsonhouseny.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lincoln Aviator, 2018 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These seem promising and look great! Do you guys know how much difference having the Kicker vs SSV Works? Big price difference. The BO System is really pathetic and no clue why Ford chose that as the upgrade for Bronco. Mine even rattles in the back with the Base, bringing it back for service hopefully to fix. I had a Sahara for a few months with the Pioneer Premium System and it rocked I was impressed.

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These seem promising and look great! Do you guys know how much difference having the Kicker vs SSV Works? Big price difference. The BO System is really pathetic and no clue why Ford chose that as the upgrade for Bronco. Mine even rattles in the back with the Base, bringing it back for service hopefully to fix. I had a Sahara for a few months with the Pioneer Premium System and it rocked I was impressed.
I totally agree with the B&O being trash. I'm amazed B&O even allows their name on it because it's an embarrassment to them. We're talking about the company who sells $90,000 home audio towers and $3000 sound bars FFS. I was also impressed with the JBL system in a Ram I had for a couple weeks. Ford needs to step up, but they won't.

Idk how much an improvement the Kickers are over the SSV speakers, but I had a whole roof SSV system in my RZR and it sounded great. Based on that experience, I would feel okay buying the SSV option if I was trying to save some bucks.

whiskeydriver

Wildtrak
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thehudsonhouseny.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lincoln Aviator, 2018 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I totally agree with the B&O being trash. I'm amazed B&O even allows their name on it because it's an embarrassment to them. We're talking about the company who sells $90,000 home audio towers and $3000 sound bars FFS. I was also impressed with the JBL system in a Ram I had for a couple weeks. Ford needs to step up, but they won't.

Idk how much an improvement the Kickers are over the SSV speakers, but I had a whole roof SSV system in my RZR and it sounded great. Based on that experience, I would feel okay buying the SSV option if I was trying to save some bucks.
Thanks and for what itā€™s worth I have someone stop into my business a week ago and he used to work for BO so I had to express my disappointment to him with the Bronco system and he said specifically that the system BO uses for Ford is like a sub brand to their high end stuff. Why the hell would a company that caters to the super high end and have impressive products lower themselves to this? And why on earth would Ford Motor think this is good for them? It shocks me that both of these companies would do this and embarrass both of themselves. I also have an Aviator and the Revel system is stellar they could have easily used that. What a head scratcher lol!!!!!!
Sponsored