First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2023 OBX 4-door with the 7-speaker system and a working sub. (Not the B&O) Today I had my local professional audio store install a Kicker Key 2.4 amp along with new Focal speakers in the dash, kick panels, and rear pods. They also installed a Kicker 6.75-inch sub with a Kicker Key 5.1 amp where the factory amp and sub were located. I picked up my Bronco as they were closing up shop and while driving home, I noticed the sound was worse than the factory setup. All the sound was coming from the front dash and kick panels and bass from the sub. I tried to adjust the fade and realized if I fade to the rear, I lose all sound. If I fade forward the sound comes back. I crawled in to the back and stuck my ear to the rear pod and could barely hear music. Again, there is no sound from any speakers if fade is to the rear. I called the shop and they said bring it back in and they would look at. I asked if they used the built-in DSP tuning and he said yes and he said he thought losing the fade function was normal.

I thought I wouldn’t lose the ability to fade from front to rear if I wanted to since this is a 4-channel amp and 2 channels run the dash and kick panels and the other two run the rear pods. Any ideas out there what in the heck this place did wrong?
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Take it back to the "professionals" that messed it up. How did they not test it after install?

If you attempt to fix it yourself you might as well have installed yourself to begin with.

Just sayin

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like they turned the bi-amp setting on to get full range to the rear speakers, try fading it all the way forward and see if the rear speakers start playing.
If the rear speakers do start playing, then you will just need to increase the rear gain until the sound level is where you want it for the rear fill.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take it back to the "professionals" that messed it up. How did they not test it after install?

If you attempt to fix it yourself you might as well have installed yourself to begin with.

Just sayin
I’ve already called them and will be taking it back to them next chance I get. I’m just trying to get some insight as to what they might have done wrong from members here so i can be better prepared.

OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like they turned the bi-amp setting on to get full range to the rear speakers, try fading it all the way forward and see if the rear speakers start playing.
If the rear speakers do start playing, then you will just need to increase the rear gain until the sound level is where you want it for the rear fill.
If I turn the fade all the way to the front the rear speakers make a barely audible sound. Somethings definitely wrong somewhere.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Small Update: Installer said they used a 2-channel harness and have ordered a 4-channel harness that they will replace for me Monday. Not sure why they would install a 2-channel anything with my Kicker Key 200.4 amp anyway. I will see what happens Monday.

OP
OP
JodyT

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you ever get this fixed?
Yes I did. The installer said they had previously used a 2 channel wiring harness instead of a 4 channel. After they installed the 4 channel harness I had sound in the rear pods and my fader control now works.
Sponsored