Sponsored

Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally installed the WARN Elite Bumper and WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch I purchased a month and a half ago. I also moved the ACC using the DV8 ACC Relocation bracket.

I am an intermediate wrencher, a step above novice. Most info I could find said the install should be about 3 hours for the ACC relocation and similar for the bumper and winch so I planned 3 days to get it all done. It took me about a day and a half. I could have done it quicker but I took my time and didn't rush anything. All instructions were very good and I was able to find some good Youtube videos to help where I was a little confused.

I also purchased the Warn Control Pack Relocation Kit but ended up not using it. I Wanted to make sure the front camera view was acceptable. Once I got the bumper installed I put the winch in place and checked the view. While it definately blocks some of the view, I found it to be acceptable.

The only thing I had to do that was not in the directions was trim the housings for the parking sensors. On the Ford Heavy Duty Modular Bumper, the cutouts for the housings are keyed. The Warn bumper is not so I had to trim the keying protrusions off of the housings. I also had to trim the piece of the housing that latches the housing to the bumper. The new bumper steel is thicker than the old. I am getting an intermittent warning from the outside passenger side sensor. I may need to glue it in place incase it is because of the orientation of the sensor being different than the original installation.

All in all, I'm happy with how the installation went and happy with how it looks. I'm planning on buying fog lights next month to finish it off.

Before:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1680639334554

After:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1680639364727

The middle:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1680639405393
Sponsored

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing. I’m trying to decide what to do for a winch and also have the modular bumper. I’m leaning towards a hidden winch mount and I don’t want to have to mess with the camera and I like the look. It appears this installation was fairly invasive!

Can you share what the camera view is now? I’d also love a pic of the Bronco from straight on the front, if you don’t mind.

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, is there any fear of this blocking the big cooling vent?

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great! I looking on the same model with a smaller AVR 10S winch. Please let me know what type of light do you choose as I also looking.

OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While the direct airflow to the lower cooler is reduced, there is still some direct airflow to it. There are openings on either side of the winch rope opening and air can still get around the winch itself. I'll be keeping an eye on the tranny temps but I'm not expecting any issues.

Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1680807656340

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. I’m trying to decide what to do for a winch and also have the modular bumper. I’m leaning towards a hidden winch mount and I don’t want to have to mess with the camera and I like the look. It appears this installation was fairly invasive!

Can you share what the camera view is now? I’d also love a pic of the Bronco from straight on the front, if you don’t mind.
Below are some pics I hope help. The first is the front head-on view. The next two are my attempt to give you an idea of how much of the camera view is blocked.

I placed a tape measure on the ground and aligned it with the front edge of the skid plate. The blue line I added is pointing to a piece of aluminum tape I placed on the ground to mark the point that the tape measure was visible from the camera (it's at the 50 inch mark). The last pic is of where the aluminum tape is on the tape measure.

If you can, please post a similar pic of the stock set up so we can see the difference. The reference point for the end of the tape should be the front edge of the skid plate.

Front View:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1680808214020

Camera view:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1680808263328

Tape Point:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1680808302738

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to keep the Modular bumper, it looks great and is reasonably light, so I went with the Chinese copy of Ford's mount.
I drilled 2 holes for the sensors and have since added camera relocation and the ACC is unaffected by the install, so everything works as intended.

Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket bronco

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Below are some pics I hope help. The first is the front head-on view. The next two are my attempt to give you an idea of how much of the camera view is blocked.

I placed a tape measure on the ground and aligned it with the front edge of the skid plate. The blue line I added is pointing to a piece of aluminum tape I placed on the ground to mark the point that the tape measure was visible from the camera (it's at the 50 inch mark). The last pic is of where the aluminum tape is on the tape measure.

If you can, please post a similar pic of the stock set up so we can see the difference. The reference point for the end of the tape should be the front edge of the skid plate.

Front View:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket bronco

Camera view:

Tape Point:
Thanks. I’ll see if I can capture a similar image today or over the weekend.

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to keep the Modular bumper, it looks great and is reasonably light, so I went with the Chinese copy of Ford's mount.
I drilled 2 holes for the sensors and have since added camera relocation and the ACC is unaffected by the install, so everything works as intended.

What parts are these and where did you order from? What was the cost? Any more picks without the winch cover?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the exact setup, but I have the Bar. The Camera is not impeded much with the bar, and 360 still works. I love the bumper, Looks good and rugged.

Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1682086518706

Sponsored

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally installed the WARN Elite Bumper and WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch I purchased a month and a half ago. I also moved the ACC using the DV8 ACC Relocation bracket.

I am an intermediate wrencher, a step above novice. Most info I could find said the install should be about 3 hours for the ACC relocation and similar for the bumper and winch so I planned 3 days to get it all done. It took me about a day and a half. I could have done it quicker but I took my time and didn't rush anything. All instructions were very good and I was able to find some good Youtube videos to help where I was a little confused.

I also purchased the Warn Control Pack Relocation Kit but ended up not using it. I Wanted to make sure the front camera view was acceptable. Once I got the bumper installed I put the winch in place and checked the view. While it definately blocks some of the view, I found it to be acceptable.

The only thing I had to do that was not in the directions was trim the housings for the parking sensors. On the Ford Heavy Duty Modular Bumper, the cutouts for the housings are keyed. The Warn bumper is not so I had to trim the keying protrusions off of the housings. I also had to trim the piece of the housing that latches the housing to the bumper. The new bumper steel is thicker than the old. I am getting an intermittent warning from the outside passenger side sensor. I may need to glue it in place incase it is because of the orientation of the sensor being different than the original installation.

All in all, I'm happy with how the installation went and happy with how it looks. I'm planning on buying fog lights next month to finish it off.

Before:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 1682086518706

After:

The middle:
My local shop installed the Warn bumper with Evo 10s last week and I “tested” it in mild trail run close the Johnson valley. No temperature issues to report but. Passenger side parking sensor fails alerts are mildly annoying. Some time it triggers when I stop 🛑 or at the traffic light first in line. Did you figure out how to improve that?

7B3A3F98-4281-4373-8603-89C5C055B932.jpeg

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Before:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 7B3A3F98-4281-4373-8603-89C5C055B932

After:
Ford Bronco Installed WARN Elite Bumper, WARN Zeon Platinum 12-S Winch, and DV8 ACC Relocation Bracket 7B3A3F98-4281-4373-8603-89C5C055B932

The middle:

Did you solve your passenger side parking sensor issues?
Since the installation of the Warn Elite bumper I trying to solve the parking gremlins that alerts at the front while stopping and starting driving even while you along at the stop sign.
Looks that it not only my problem.
Sponsored