Sponsored

Instructions on capable bumper removal and replace with modular?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trying to find You Tube to remove plastic bumper, cant find. Help !
I know the capable bumper is not worth much but I'm looking to buy the hooks if anyone will sell me just the hooks.
Sponsored

Kuljit530

Wildtrak
First Name
Kuljit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bumper on, all sensors work, used floor jack to lift and a little help from my wife. I’ll post pics in a bit.
The sensors worked just fine? So basically just cut off thr hooks rewire the sensors and its good to go?

OP
OP
Jeffz95

Jeffz95

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan NV 4x4 van, 78 911, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The sensors worked just fine? So basically just cut off thr hooks rewire the sensors and its good to go?
Cut off hooks ? i pulled harness off old bumper and put on new. the little tabs dont all line up on mod bumper so I just trimmed off with razor knife the ones that dont align.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this last weekend. The capable bumper wiring harness is a little tight on the modular bumper but it fits. Pop the plastic off around the tow hooks, remove the three bolts on each hook and the bumper comes right off. No way it’s an 8 hour deal….

I kept the capable hooks on the modular bumper. I like them better.

Ford Bronco Instructions on capable bumper removal and replace with modular? 210927DC-AF9D-42C9-A35B-731D422AA3AD

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this last weekend. The capable bumper wiring harness is a little tight on the modular bumper but it fits. Pop the plastic off around the tow hooks, remove the three bolts on each hook and the bumper comes right off. No way it’s an 8 hour deal….

Ford Bronco Instructions on capable bumper removal and replace with modular? 210927DC-AF9D-42C9-A35B-731D422AA3AD
Can the Modular hooks go on with the capable bumper?

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m sure it’s been answered but pop the plastic covers off and there will be 3 bolts on each side, remove them and the bumper comes off.

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

When you bought the mod bumper did you have to buy any other brackets, bolts or anything or does the capable and mod bumper share same brackets etc. i have a BL with capable and may want to add the mod bumper later

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you bought the mod bumper did you have to buy any other brackets, bolts or anything or does the capable and mod bumper share same brackets etc. i have a BL with capable and may want to add the mod bumper later
I bought the mod bumper used off another person who upgraded to a aftermarket bumper. That particular aftermarket bumper didn’t use any factory brackets so I got everything I needed. But these bumpers literally use three bolts at the end of each frame rail to bolt them on. Pretty simple.

Sponsored

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CaptainRob

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fyi, if upgrading from a base plastic bumper to a modular and you don't have the steel skid plate to go along with it you'll have to cut up your plastic a good amount to get it to fit with the modular. All the cutting is at the top side where it really can't be seen behind the bottom of the modular bumper.

I cut off the tow rings on my brackets and it was a direct swap otherwise. I also did not have sensors to swap, but the modular bumper had holes for parking sensors so I filled them with rubber grommets.

Here's a Pic of the horseshoes I made.
Ford Bronco Instructions on capable bumper removal and replace with modular? 20220916_145126

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying to find You Tube to remove plastic bumper, cant find. Help !
I know this is a dust covered post now, but I’ve been in the hunt for two months and finally found one. Came back to this forum that I had saved to see the comment about a torx plus 45 and had to ask what the difference between that and a normal 45 are. Before I got to get it this weekend I’d like to make sure I can avoid a very frustrating Sunday by having the “plus” if I absolutely have to have it. Would a regular t45 seriously not work? Can’t find the plus anywhere in town and Amazon doesn’t even look like it would be here this weekend. Thanks all

OP
OP
Jeffz95

Jeffz95

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan NV 4x4 van, 78 911, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you check your Bronco tool kit ? I ordered a set through a auto parts store and was there the next A.M.
Sponsored