MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have ordered the capable bumper because I would like the factory fog lights and the fact it will have a dash switch for the factory fog lights. However I LOVE the look of the modular bumper. I was surprised to see how expensive it was to add a good set of fog lights to the modular bumper. So in addition to the $600 for the modular bumper, the cost of the new fog lights, I thought I would go with the capable bumper and purchase a used modular bumper with the parking sensors. I have ordered a Bronco with the LUX package.

Give me the hard sell on why this is not a good idea. Is it a simple task to swap the capable number for the modular bumper? Aside from removing the capable bumper and putting on the modular bumper, is there any kind of cutting or modifications to the front of the Bronco that needs to be made around the intercooler?

Am I making a mistake going with the capable bumper instead of the modular bumper?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The capable bumper wasn’t an option when I ordered. However, I’d still go with the modular over capable personally. Not only does it look much better in my opinion, but I liked the idea of adding whatever fog lights I wanted.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have ordered the capable bumper because I would like the factory fog lights and the fact it will have a dash switch for the factory fog lights. However I LOVE the look of the modular bumper. I was surprised to see how expensive it was to add a good set of fog lights to the modular bumper. So in addition to the $600 for the modular bumper, the cost of the new fog lights, I thought I would go with the capable bumper and purchase a used modular bumper with the parking sensors. I have ordered a Bronco with the LUX package.

Give me the hard sell on why this is not a good idea. Is it a simple task to swap the capable number for the modular bumper? Aside from removing the capable bumper and putting on the modular bumper, is there any kind of cutting or modifications to the front of the Bronco that needs to be made around the intercooler?

Am I making a mistake going with the capable bumper instead of the modular bumper?
You have the 3 deadly sins so your post is purely theoretical since your Bronco will never be built.

Just kidding, they actually did pull some this week with all 3 sins. Yes, you're making a mistake. Much easier to add fog lights than swap bumpers.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a lot of cash to order what's needed to get a mod bumper from a dealer parts department. They're also pretty in demand on the FS/FT section.

If you have parking sensors, it's a pain to move them over. It's been discussed here in other threads, but the sensors and wires that Ford uses aren't the same between the bumpers. The ones in the capable can work in the mod bumper, but it's annoying to do.

As someone with the capable bumper: if you want the mod bumper it's best to get it on your order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol! I know, but I want what I want, have waited a year thus far, and am not going to compromise. I will roll the dice and see what happens.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback! I think I will make the change.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 2-door, RAM TRX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I added the modular bumper to my WildTrak build (Lux, MIC, Cloth, SAS, Tow, Roof Rack & More) because it weighs quite a bit more than stock (which should mean slightly heavier front springs) and will be an easy sell when I replace it with something like a Warn Elite and Warn winch!

Now if it just gets built before Wrangler's mid-cycle refresh which should include the new Hurricane I-6 and a few more updates...

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the feedback! I think I will make the change.
With coaching form my dealer: Sales Manger strongly urged me to down grade from LUX to HIGH, and eliminate TOW. Then I can "almost" be assured to get my MY2023 Wildtrak later this summer based on their WT allocations and factory constraints. He went through their ordering algorithms and verified that I was one of 6 for MY2023 if I eliminated what was suggested.
So...I'll end up with a WT w/MIC, HIGH, Leather, w/HOSS 3.0 which I will be happy to live with.
Talk to your dealer and ask him what they see in their Ordering System constraints tied to their allocations to get your order in 2023.
Like you I was holding firm, but realized that I could get easily get pushed into MY 2024 and lose my Price Protection. Wish you the best!

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did order the Modular bumper because I plan to add either BD or DD Fog lights, possibly a 20" Heretic bumper light, Pre-runner Hoop to protect the lights. IMO the MOD bumper has more options to configure and like the appearance.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with capable bumper for the integrated fog lights, but regret not getting mod bumper for its aftermarket support

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion there aren't any good arguments for the capable bumper over the modular bumper.

I think it's a no brainer, the modular is the best bumper for customizing your front end hands down.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sell the Capable for $400 then take the $600 you would've spent of the mod and, put that $1000 toward an aftermarket bumper of your choosing. With that said, I thought used Mod bumpers would've been readily available, found out they are not here.

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the base bumper with fog lights and parking sensors on my OBX. Found a take off Mod bumper locally for $400.

Bought the correct intercooler brackets ($165 for the pair) instead of cutting the loops on the stock ones as I had bent one of them while in Moab.

Had to buy different sensor retainers, evidently they are different for each bumper style. Set of 4 was $60.

Totally happy with the swap and all in it cost me $625 in parts. EASY to swap, pop off the covers and there are only 6 bolts that attach it to the frame rails.

Hoping I can find someone to buy my plastic bumper/factory fogs to recoup a little of the cash. Even if it never sells, I’m still happy.
Sponsored