Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runnerTRDP - 1997 Lexus LX450 Locked
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Capable bumper passed the 🦌 test this morning. My wife had one jump a snowbank, she hit it and ran over it. Didn't work out well for the deer but not a scratch on the truck. Scout inspecting for dammage....
Ford Bronco Arguments for and Against the Capable Bumper and Modular Bumper IMG_20230316_082000
Sponsored

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I opted to keep the capable bumper on my black diamond build mainly for the factory fogs. I personally like the look of it better but am still waiting for some more options for it. Just ordered the RC high winch mount so will be installing that in the next couple of weeks. Is helpful that both mod and capable use the same mounting points so any winch bracket that fits one should fit the other. Only downside of the capable to me is the lack of options for a bull/prerunner bar. Will just have to see what the aftermarket comes up with.

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had stuck firm with the mod bumper until last month- decided I really didn’t like either mod or capable, given neither has great winch options. I want a tucked in look so gonna go aftermarket. Agree that having the factory fogs is like adding an extra aux switch. I am not a fan of the skid plate winch options either.

Last month dropped the SAS for $2500 (still have badlands) (net $5000 should go a long way towards tires, wheels, suspension upgrades) Objectively didn’t like the SAS wheels either. (Have black beauty rings for sale if anyone is interested.)

Hoping more bent tube type bumpers come on to the market.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Capable bumper passed the 🦌 test this morning. My wife had one jump a snowbank, she hit it and ran over it. Didn't work out well for the deer but not a scratch on the truck. Scout inspecting for dammage....
Ford Bronco Arguments for and Against the Capable Bumper and Modular Bumper IMG_20230316_082000
Looks like Scout is about to test your wheels for canine urine oxidation resistance!!!
Sponsored