Sponsored

Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23...

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My23 loses price protection
If that's the case, then I can see why folks don't want a '23.

Is there documentation that this disappears for original '21 reservation holders?
Sponsored

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People have been ā€œwaitingā€ for ā€œ600+ daysā€, they want their bronco yesterday even if itā€™s not 100% the best. Imagine telling a virgin high school boy to stop thinking about girls now, thereā€™s better ones in the future.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's the case, then I can see why folks don't want a '23.

Is there documentation that this disappears for original '21 reservation holders?
I may have misspoke in regards to original reservation holders.

Bronco faq link

Prices change year-to-year to reflect market realities across all vehicle lines. For reservation holders and order holders as of March 19, 2021, we will price protect the 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped 2022 or 2023 MY Bronco.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If the Mod top becomes a reality for MY23 I would wait. If the Mod top becomes late availability for MY23 or locked behind a special edition I'm considering waiting for the MY24 refresh. A late availability Mod top would make it highly unlikely I will even get a MY23 considering allocation and all the other people waiting in 99 status ahead of me at SAC.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I'm wondering why people are upset their '22 may become a '23 if they're in the next week's scheduling. Doesn't seem to make financial sense.
edit: agree, makes no sense.

add: i'm not in the auto industry but i'm pretty sure the model cutover is q3 august/september. thats what happend here the last two years i waited anyways.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

imo the way the market is one model year wont' matter much. constraints on the bronco over the next few years reinforce that.

maybe some new options and improvements to the bronco will help. another plus will be more aftermarket next year at a lower price.

the mod top will be fire and worth the wait if you don't want to remove the tops. sucks, hope you get it soon.
Personally, I am more worried that all ā€˜21s and ā€˜22s cars and trucks are going to be looked upon as COVID/supply chain de-speced lemons assembled by inexperienced workers driven to work too fast with any part that even barely passed the quality sniff test.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With this line of thinking I guess MY24 is better than MY23. šŸ˜œ

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I am more worried that all ā€˜21s and ā€˜22s cars and trucks are going to be looked upon as COVID/supply chain de-speced lemons assembled by inexperienced workers driven to work too fast with any part that even barely passed the quality sniff test.
That's a really interesting point...the same way 1974+ American cars are known as belonging to the "malaise era" of early smog controls and detuned motors in response to the gas crisis. Who knows how long the "COVID era" of auto manufacturing will last?

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With this line of thinking I guess MY24 is better than MY23. šŸ˜œ
Definitely worth more at resale...if comparing an August 2023 build MY23 to a September 2023 build MY24 with all else being equal.

It's why in "normal" years, dealers discount "end of model year" unsold vehicles.

Anyone buying a 2022 a month shy of the turnover at the same price as a 2023 is getting financially hosed.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

welcome to the new normal, things aren't changing anytime soon brother.

honestly this is why there are qc and assembly lines. sure, the occasional mismatched seats and bugs are there but compare to other releases its right in line with others looking at issues, 2.7 fails, etc. also built on ranger platform with tried-and-true 2.3/2.7 engines. extended warranties help.

there are a ton of new models and completely new brands coming out. humanity can't even track the next disaster and have attention spans of twitter feeds. also, i can't remember the last time someone that isn't an autohead said something like "honey, don't get that 2004 f150 it has the 4.6/5.4 triton".

my ONLY concern is part availability if something happens. the horror stories of need a simple fix = loaner for months.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MOD top? This is different top from MIC or soft?

Nevermind, I googled. A thread here came up... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Dom

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Depreciation is an algorithm that could care less about rarity of vehicle. Those are values are used for things like insurance payments, ETC.

So if you think a 2022 is going to be valued the same as a 2023 you're wrong.

Now when it comes to private party, desirability and demand come into play. Just for example, a super clean XJ can be so privately for well over book value.

With that said, I personally believe that any informed Bronco person, given the choice, will avoid purchasing a used 2021/2022 poss poor built Covid Bronco.

When you Google a certain type of vehicles "worst years" I have no doubt that 21/22 will be in that list for Broncos.

Case in point, I'm trying to find out more information, but in another thread someone mentioned how Ford is looking to redesign the alternator location for a future update. Examples like this, with informed consumers, can significantly impact the resale value of your vehicle.
Sponsored